Hilton Head Island

chinacats111

• Forum MVP

chuck vegas....check it out......it ended up in aweird spot!!!>>>>>>

http://www.archive.org/details/DSO_2009_02_14_Shoreline_Ballroom_Hilton_Head_SC

:D:wacko::blink::icon14:

So nice to see this and for the chance to hear it for the 2nd time. What a sweet pull!!!!!! You just made my month. I am sure Chuck (and a host of other fans) will be similarly geeked!

• Forum MVP

Glad to see it is up there! I noticed a taper during the show, talked to him afterwards, and he and his friends were really kind in the Southern way I know and miss! So, we exchanged addresses and lo and behold, I got the show in the mail not too long afterwards. Those disks are around the house somewhere...and I'm eager to hear the quality of that Archive version, which is cleverly hidden in plain sight.

• Forum MVP

I'm not big on celebrating Valentine's Day, so I will say Happy Anniversary to the Hilton Head show from 2 years ago. IMO, the 2nd best DSO show I've seen to date. (however its hard for me to say as I'm finding it now very difficult to compare the JK years with the new Jeff era...apples and oranges...).

This show happens to prove the point that spontaneity can really bring out some of the best music....Rob K had to unexpectedly go home the day of this show, so setlist plans had to be changed, and they whipped up this beauty of an elective as they were "flying by the seats of their pants."

This was also one of the most fun tours I've done.... started out with the lovefest show in Jacksonville and was great all the way through...well until about Milwaukee, a night a couple folks here will never forget (or never remember)....but the band was rockin the whole way through and spirits were high.

The show is not up on the archive and was not remastered, but I do have a copy of the recording from a taper who was generous to send 1 copy out....if there's anyone who knows how to upload to archive.org, I'd gladly send you the discs. Quality isn't the best, but it sure is fun to listen to.

and hey, why not break out that Feel Like Dynamite again? Seemed to work pretty well that night.....

Show was awesome. I think feel like dynamite was a jk selection judging by his affinity for it in his solo jkb shows. That's not to say this incarnation of dso won't break it out. I would love a sitting in limbo. Show in hh was really something special.

Guest Lisacat

Show was awesome. I think feel like dynamite was a jk selection judging by his affinity for it in his solo jkb shows. That's not to say this incarnation of dso won't break it out. I would love a sitting in limbo. Show in hh was really something special.

I don't know who decided what but I do know they chose to play it bc Feb 14 is Merl Saunder's bday....

• 4 years later...

Archived