Springfield 7.16.08

diggerlit

Set 1: Promised Land, Dire Wolf, Mama Tried> Mexicali Blues, Tennessee Jed, Looks Like Rain, Staggerlee, El Paso, Row Jimmy, Passenger, Loser, Music Never Stopped

Set 2: Shakedown St, I Need A Miracle> Bertha> Good Lovin, Dark Star> Drums> Wharf Rat> St. Stephen> Around & Around

Encore: Johnny B. Goode

"Filler:" Mighty Quinn

Let me first say that this venue is magical. This was our 2nd time here for DSO & it was as good as the first. I'm not being negative here, but the first half of the first set was very slooooooooooow. I attribute this to the temperature being 92 and humidity 100%! We actually took to the creek banks to cool off & missed some music.

We were still by the creek when the 2nd set began. Oh my! We returned to the show for what would be the most INTENSE set of DSO we have witnessed to date!!! I could go on & on-but let me just say that during Quinn I was leaping out of my skin while skipping up & down the bike trail!!!!!!!!!!

I'M REQUESTING THIS TO HEAR THAT 2ND SET! IT WAS SOMETHING SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Forum MVP

Springfield's park is truly a magical place...free and open...wonderful trees and beautiful people...a collage nearby...beer but not the poor drunks...familys with many young ones..dogs on leash and also in arms at the rail...fresbies and softballs flying overhead in the open spaces in the back.. the town is warmed up for Dark Star by a couple of weeks of the music festival in the park...music almost every night.

The second set last summer was the Best Ever...an evening dancing in heaven.

Archived