Eyes Of The World

Drums

Sugar Magnolia

Encore:

One More Saturday Night

Filler- Don't Let Go

im listening to the original show on archive...what great energy,

they always seem to have lots in florida,

maybe thats where all the coke was at....hardddy har har...

the scarlet is up beat, the fire kinda loses it at the end, and donna doesnt help lol

the TLEO , halfstep...

eyes of the world is smooth as butta

Guest deadheadmike

Last nights show was a BLAST and an overal great show but the second set was a cooker ,Samson And Delilah

, scarlet >fire> estimated> eyes were amazing and had everyone moven and grooven ... The band had to break during the show to have a loose overhead light fixture removed from the stage and that was a fun moment with a little stage banter and some creative jamming , DSO ROCKS !!! The filler" Don't Let Go " was a suprise and done really well ... This band is a collective group of gifted and hard working musicians , they brought it to the stage last night and gave us their all !!!

:dsorocks:

To all the good folks that I hung out with last night - YOU GUYS ROCK and I cant wait to do it again tonight !!!

• Forum MVP
I don't recall another show where the Dead played only one song upon returning from drums. Was this the only time they did this?

Sept. 2, 1978 giants stadium!

2: Good Lovin, Scarlet> Fire, Estimated> Eyes> Drumz> Sugar Magnolia E: Saturday Night

12.9.94 oakland 2: 2: Scarlet>Fire, Way To Go, Truckin> TWBS> He's Gone> Drumz> Box Of Rain E:JohnnyB.Goode

9.2.78 and 4.8.78 Jax are the only 2 of '78 with one tune out of the drums. there are several 78 shows as well as several 93, 94 and 95 shows with only 2 songs out of the drumz

Guest Jommy

This was an awesome show! It was only my second time and I was in the very front at Rob's feet. Me and my buds must have been the youngest people there! Thank you to all of the welcoming and fun people we met. Thanks DSO!!

p.s. Still never been to a real GD show and never will, but I can't wait to see anyone who goes to 5/10 at shoreline!

04/08/78

Auditorium Coliseum - Jacksonville, FL

Set 1:

Mississippi Half-Step

Me And My Uncle

Big River

They Love Each Other

Looks Like Rain

Deal

El Paso

It Must Have Been The Roses

Lazy Lightnin'

Supplication

Set 2:

Samson And Delilah

Scarlet Begonias

Fire On The Mountain

Estimated Prophet

Eyes Of The World

Drums

Sugar Magnolia

Encore:

One More Saturday Night

Filler- Don't Let Go

DAMN I KNEW i SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE!

OH WELL

• Forum MVP
Sept. 2, 1978 giants stadium!

2: Good Lovin, Scarlet> Fire, Estimated> Eyes> Drumz> Sugar Magnolia E: Saturday Night

12.9.94 oakland 2: 2: Scarlet>Fire, Way To Go, Truckin> TWBS> He's Gone> Drumz> Box Of Rain E:JohnnyB.Goode

9.2.78 and 4.8.78 Jax are the only 2 of '78 with one tune out of the drums.

Professor Torin knows his Dead facts! You know your stuff Torin, and I admire that! Have a happy holiday weekend buddy!

• Forum MVP
I don't recall another show where the Dead played only one song upon returning from drums. Was this the only time they did this?

Unfortunately I saw one in 94. We were a little surprised.

12-09-94 Oakland Coliseum Arena, Oakland, Ca. (Fri)

1: Stranger, Stagger Lee, Same Thing, Loose Lucy, El Paso@, Broken Arrow, Ramble On, Music

2: Scarlet*> Fire*, Way To Go, Truckin> TWBS> He's Gone> Drumz*> Box Of Rain E: Johnny B. Goode

*with Sikiru Adepojufirst show with TelePrompTers

• Forum MVP
Professor Torin knows his Dead facts! You know your stuff Torin, and I admire that! Have a happy holiday weekend buddy!

Bruno--these links are for you...

http://deadbase.com/homebase.html

http://www.deadlists.com/default.asp?http:...asp?KEY=2/15/73

If I could find my deadbase I would send it to you cause something tells me would get a kick out of it.

and of course:

03-24-86 The Spectrum, Philadelphia, Pa.

1: Alabama> Greatest, Dire Wolf> Rooster, B. E. Women, Esau, Ramble On, El Paso, Box Of Rain

2: Half Step> Woman Smarter, High Time> Sailor> Saint> Drumz> Morning Dew E: Midnight Hour

• Advisory Board
and of course:

03-24-86 The Spectrum, Philadelphia, Pa.

1: Alabama> Greatest, Dire Wolf> Rooster, B. E. Women, Esau, Ramble On, El Paso, Box Of Rain

2: Half Step> Woman Smarter, High Time> Sailor> Saint> Drumz> Morning Dew E: Midnight Hour

Wow.. I listened to this show today while mulching... funny!!

• Forum MVP
Bruno--these links are for you...

http://deadbase.com/homebase.html

http://www.deadlists.com/default.asp?http:...asp?KEY=2/15/73

If I could find my deadbase I would send it to you cause something tells me would get a kick out of it.

:D ut oh dstone figured out my secret haha thanks for the praise bruno, while there are many gd facts embedded in my brain, those shows with one tune out of the drumz i looked up in the deadbase. but of course i knew 9.2.78 giants stadium, thats a legendary show :P

• Forum MVP
yeah herdy - that 1/2 step > women r is great and the sailor probably has the best rap of all time

Right up there with the Princeton '71 Good Lovin "buck and a quarter Brooklyn Birdge" tirade...

At least you and I are of that opinion.

The whole things boils down to the nature of freedom.

This was an awesome show! It was only my second time and I was in the very front at Rob's feet. Me and my buds must have been the youngest people there! Thank you to all of the welcoming and fun people we met. Thanks DSO!!

p.s. Still never been to a real GD show and never will, but I can't wait to see anyone who goes to 5/10 at shoreline!

I don't mean to sound like a hardon, but

You ain't gonna see a real Grateful Dead show in '09

I was lucky enough to see Set 3 of the Taxi Cab Tour 3/30/09(real nice idea-free shows for the Deadheads).I walked away wondering why I didn't just hang on to the memory of The Grateful Dead I had with Jerry Garcia.The original mambers played with alot of heart & energy,but Warren Haynes sure didn't carry his wieght on stage.I realize nobody will ever fill Garcia's shoes,but Warren really ain't fit to carry his shoes!

I apologize for stealin' anybodys thunder before heading off see DEAD'09-Just be prepared & hope the song transition on stage goes alot smoother as the tour progresses!

Thanks for letting me vent,

Rob

P.S.-I't great to see younger kids searchin for the sound that so many of us fell in love with a long time ago.

The closes to a real GRATEFUL DEAD show anyone will see today is DSO!

Archived