El Rey Night 2

Guest L~Cat

• Forum MVP
Why?

im sharing my opinion about the group and the music,

no one asked what you thought of me ...

i understand people here are opinionated. but why joke about violence?

are you threatened by my ideas?

im sharing my opinion , and i think im being pretty respectful to you guys...

but i dont feel very welcomed by you "older heads"

i have nothing but respect for the deadheads who came before me

...but some of you guys are as ignorant as kids my age...

is it because im 19? or what ?

what causes you to act so ignorant?

maybe if you actually met me, like jordanfolks anddave or connie and gary, you guys would realize what im about,

and thats playing music,

and if you threaten me to my face, you would end up gettting your ass kicked..

EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion. I don't know Teacher Matt very well but what I do know is he is quite the jokester. As far as I'm concerned there is nothing sacred when it comes to humor. I believe he is just trying to keep it light(by being heavy?)

Sure glad everyone is enjoying the music. We here in DSO are having the times of our life bringing it to you!!! Peace, Rob Barraco

PS These songs will circle around in order for us to deliver different shows every time we appear in your area and to keep us on our toes!!!

• Forum MVP

Mohamad ... chill... im only yanking your chain... im sorry if you read in to my post wrong... again sorry bro and we will see you somewhere

but ....

you do say that you can kick my ass :unsure: .... interesting... bring it on ..... what is that line from that one song.... "I will survive" !!!!! :blink:

on the other hand... your 19.... maybe I will take a rain check on the boxing match

( I love how some people are just so serious ) <_<

IN CLOSING PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND SLOWLY - I AM JOKING !!!!! .... trying to keep it light like Rob B. stated ..

• Forum MVP

One more thing...

I had a great week on the road .... the shows from Flagstaff to LA were sick, sick, sick !!!

great seeing old friends and meeting new ones...

now that I am back from being educated with great music from a band that shows up every night I must turn my attention to my students... it is the home stretch... 7 weeks of school left..... I am so glad that I prepared an uplifting lesson for today... DO THIS F#*KING WORKSHEET AND DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT ASKING ME ANY F@#KING QUESTIONS ...

Man I crack myself up !

Guest deadheadmike
EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion. I don't know Teacher Matt very well but what I do know is he is quite the jokester. As far as I'm concerned there is nothing sacred when it comes to humor. I believe he is just trying to keep it light(by being heavy?)

Sure glad everyone is enjoying the music. We here in DSO are having the times of our life bringing it to you!!! Peace, Rob Barraco

PS These songs will circle around in order for us to deliver different shows every time we appear in your area and to keep us on our toes!!!

Rob B. the last four shows were amazing , you guys were just as tight as can be !!! I cant wait to see what you have planed for us tonight !!!

Teacher Matt , "you had me at hello "...

i agree with someone who said earlier in this thread that victim was a great 1st set song and the ones that i saw in those slots were fatastic = victim > lay me down > let it grow

but i LOVED victim to open the 2nd sets...the tuning up was pure evil and every single one they played on summer '90 was bad-ass...and the release to foolish was money...reminded me of a modern estimated > eyes with the dark, evil, mean jam giving way to the open, fun, bouncy tune

the creek '90 being my fav

My my....how the testosterone ebbs and flows here.............about music. It almost sounds as silly reading it as it does saying it out loud.....

Just so everyone is perfectly clear......everything I say on here is tongue in cheek. I'm a prankster.........REALLY!

Whew....glad I got that out of the way....I was afraid I might have to sic the big dog on somebody..........look how vicious he is.

jan-04-10.jpg

Oh wait....wrong picture. He's bigger now. And he can rip your throat out on my command.

But I still prefer the older shows myself..........just my opinion. No its cool...down boy! Down! See what I mean?

• Forum MVP
OK lets just end this by us "older" heads taking this mohamad behind the woodshed and kicking the shit out of him !

quick, painless, and no witness to the crime ... <_<

:icon14: .....who is with me ?..... lol

behave yourself matt. your being too loud and scaring people away. had a great time in cali with you man. hope to see you soon

My my....how the testosterone ebbs and flows here.............about music. It almost sounds as silly reading it as it does saying it out loud.....

Just so everyone is perfectly clear......everything I say on here is tongue in cheek. I'm a prankster.........REALLY!

Whew....glad I got that out of the way....I was afraid I might have to sic the big dog on somebody..........look how vicious he is.

jan-04-10.jpg

Oh wait....wrong picture. He's bigger now. And he can rip your throat out on my command.

But I still prefer the older shows myself..........just my opinion. No its cool...down boy! Down! See what I mean?

my dog bella looks a lot like your dog...

is she a german/ border collie?

Mohamad ... chill... im only yanking your chain... im sorry if you read in to my post wrong... again sorry bro and we will see you somewhere

but ....

you do say that you can kick my ass :unsure: .... interesting... bring it on ..... what is that line from that one song.... "I will survive" !!!!! :blink:

on the other hand... your 19.... maybe I will take a rain check on the boxing match

( I love how some people are just so serious ) <_<

IN CLOSING PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND SLOWLY - I AM JOKING !!!!! .... trying to keep it light like Rob B. stated ..

thank you for the apology , i wasnt aware you were joking around with me ...

and to tell you the truth, i wouldnt kick your ass if i could

my hands are used for dead, jazzz or pickin' not azzzkickin' lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEke7x4CKSM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMyaTJF_pLg...feature=related

• Forum MVP
OK lets just end this by us "older" heads taking this mohamad behind the woodshed and kicking the shit out of him !

quick, painless, and no witness to the crime ... <_<

:icon14: .....who is with me ?..... lol

I can't believe anyone could or would have taken your post with any degree of seriousness Matt, but I guess the internet can be a confusing animal--and it's because of this that I force myself to be grotesquely generous with smiley face emoticons. Those, although a little annoying, seem to drive home the notion that the post in question is supposed to be taken in jest.

my sunday went well waiting for the music hall tonight. that la to SF is drive no fun when you feel like you got hit by a bus. plenty of sleep fixed that. sorry again DCfrank I couldnt haul those tasty beverages for you. teacher matt pleasure was all mine. eric nice to meet you man, are you in SF? chuck, yeah buddy!

• Forum MVP
You are a little behind the times too my friend...the new songs for the GD (a band that's been defunct for more than 14 years) and the questionable ones that we are all allowed to bemoan are not those above.

If you want to complain about the new/debatable stuff for the GD, you are talking about songs like:

Corrina

Easy Answers

Picasso Moon

I Fought the Law

Wave to the Wind

If the Shoe Fits

and so on...

Just thought you would like to know the songs we are all permitted to be bitching about---although since THIS band does not really do those songs...

Ummmmm, Helllllllllllooooooooooo if you even dare to state that Samba In the Rain is "and so on.......", you and I are having words, my friend. I want to see DSO bust out a late '94 or early '95 show just to see if they could get Chuck V to STOP dancing for a whole show. IMHO, that would be worth the price of admission all by itself. :rolleyes:

Ummmmm, Helllllllllllooooooooooo if you even dare to state that Samba In the Rain is "and so on.......", you and I are having words, my friend. I want to see DSO bust out a late '94 or early '95 show just to see if they could get Chuck V to STOP dancing for a whole show. IMHO, that would be worth the price of admission all by itself. :rolleyes:

I did not know Chuck in '95 but I will go out on a limb and say that he was dancing throught the entire Vegas run just as I was.

my dog bella looks a lot like your dog...

is she a german/ border collie?

Nope. He's a 130lb Giant German Shepherd. 100%. He went from that cute little puppy to all growed up now.....

puppies_005.jpg

Now he is our official alarm clock.......when he wakes up in the morning he always wants to play so he will bug the living crap out of you until you get up whether you want to or not. I've been training him to get up and watch tv and let me sleep but he's not real familiar with the remote yet so once he switches it off the Animal Planet (he's not a big fan of the Dog Whisperer) he's back in our room headbutting me trying to get me to get up. By the way, when he has the remote you pretty much have to watch what he wants to watch.........

puppies_011.jpg

05/06/90

Cal. State University Dominguez Hills Soccer Field - Carson, CA

Set 1:

Mississippi Half-Step

Feel Like A Stranger

Easy To Love You

West LA Fadeaway

When I Paint My Masterpiece

Candyman

Victim Or The Crime

Foolish Heart

Set 2:

Iko Iko

Samson And Delilah

The Weight

Blow Away

Terrapin Station

Drums

The Other One

Standing On The Moon

Throwin' Stones

Turn On Your Love Light

Encore:

This Could Be The Last Time

Filler: lucy in the sky w/ diamonds

the band's energy last night was incredible. It actually was what got me through the whole night.... on 3 hours of sleep, a time change, and a 6 hour flight, I was really running on fumes but I was able to dance strong all night. To me it is another testament to the level of playing here....

Looking forward to the day off in SF!

Second show! This really solidified for me how much range the band has, it was pretty amazing actually. I also really enjoyed one show from early 70's and then bam! the next night we're in a different time. It really *felt* like the atmosphere had changed from the night before even though most of us in the crowd were the same :)

I liked how some of these songs I don't really like listening to the dead play on tapes (Victim, etc) but DSO playing them was a different animal. It was really great, and really solidified my liking of this band. I also got to thank Lisa for night 1 as she grooved beside me behind the soundboard. I just looked over and did a double take....isn't she in the band!?! Heh, funny experience!

Can't wait to see them again!

Matt

Archived