China Doll

Around And Around

Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad

Johnny B. Goode

Encore:

Uncle John's Band

No filler

Soooo much fun!!!!!!

Wow! Another remarkable show! Ginormous 1st set! I'm thrilled for the Sonoma County posse...I love these 73 shows...Old school TLEO...Monster China Rider and a flat out impeccable Eyes! It was awesome to see this potentially stiff venue be transformed into lightness and full on groovyness. Amen! That was the church pews speaking...BUT!... the To Lay Me Down and China Doll were very holy..the HCS was huge...as was the 1/2 step...well...you get the gist of it...

DSO= WORD...g'nite..

Guest deadheadmike

I'm so sorry that I didn't stay in N.Cali for this one ...This show confirms that I need to find a way to be at every show ...

:dsorocks:

I'm so sorry that I didn't stay in N.Cali for this one ...This show confirms that I need to find a way to be at every show ...

to lay me down :)

thats a monster of a set right there wish i saw that one....

11/09/73

Winterland Arena - San Francisco, CA

Set 1:

Promised Land

Don't Ease Me In

Black-Throated Wind

Ramble On Rose

Mexicali Blues

Brown-Eyed Women

Beat It On Down The Line

To Lay Me Down

The Race Is On

They Love Each Other

Me And Bobby McGee

Tennessee Jed

Big River

Row Jimmy

China Cat Sunflower

I Know You Rider

Playin' In The Band

Set 2:

Here Comes Sunshine

Me And My Uncle

Mississippi Half-Step

Greatest Story Ever Told

Bertha

WRS Prelude

WRS Part 1

Let It Grow

Eyes Of The World

China Doll

Around And Around

Johnny B. Goode

Encore:

Uncle John's Band

No filler

Soooo much fun!!!!!!

This show was great fun! However, it sure was a challenge to get there! :) I left San Leandro at 2:30PM and it took me 30 minutes to get to my friend's workplace in Berkeley just off of I-80. Because of traffic, it then took 1 hour and 45 minutes to get to Rhonert Park where we pulled off the road and grabbed a bite to eat. Thirty minutes later we were on the road to the Russian River Brewing Company to hang out and have a few of their very tasty brews! I think I even saw Rob hanging out there.

We arrived to the venue at around 7:45PM and parked next to some "older heads" who were cranking some Dead tunes. I figured that was a good enough spot. Getting into the venue was quick and painless. The seats at this venue are very comfy and provide much more dancing space within the aisles than many other venues I've been to so that was a nice surprise. There was a slight problem with the DUDE sitting next to me in Row B, seat 2. While I like the fact that he appeared to be getting into the music, he kept slamming against me while jumping up and down and was bending over in all sorts of directions. At one point he sorta freaked out the woman sitting in front of me as his head bobbled around about 1/2 inch next to hers, and she was sitting! Anyhow, the point of me even mentioning this is to remind people to be a little more respectful of those around you. It is ok to space out and dance, we all like to do it, just don't violate other people's space. I can handle the occasional bump and such but this was extreme. My friend and I ended up having to scoot down a seat or two because this DUDE didn't seem to want to give us our seats back. WTF? I didn't want to start an argument, or create any bad vibes, so I just went with it. Next time, though.... :)

I haven't seen the band in a couple of years and I'm happy to report that I was very glad I went to this show! Highlights for me included To Lay Me Down,

The Race Is On, and They Love Each Other. When the Grateful Dead were still playing, I only got to hear them do The Race Is On ONE TIME in the 96 times I saw them. They Love Each Other had a nice 70s bounce to it which was really, really nice! Of course, China/Rider had most people up and dancing. There is nothing like the line "I wish I was a headlight on a northbound train." Ah, so nice.

During the set break, many people headed outside to the fenced in patio area to enjoy the cool night breeze and party favors. :) The second set was a lot of fun, especially with the Here Comes Sunshine opener. The second set was classic 70s. I enjoyed everything about it. I think I enjoy DSO the most when I close my eyes. It almost sounds like listening to a GD CD or something. Truly weird, but awesome at the same time.

Oh, yes, I must mention all of the space dancers/spinners on the left side of the venue. You guys rock! Are you the group from Santa Cruz? :)

I was thankful that I was in an area were many people were up and dancing and really getting into the music.. Yes, I am not getting any younger, but I can still shake my bones when the time is right, and the vibe in this area of the room was right on! The Uncle John's encore was perfect and many people were singing along. That is such a fun song and it was a great way to end the evening. I think the band wanted to play a bit more but the venue folks were telling them to end the show. Oh, well, there is always tonight at the FOX!

See ya' there!

Kevin

• Forum MVP
There was a slight problem with the DUDE sitting next to me in Row B, seat 2. While I like the fact that he appeared to be getting into the music, he kept slamming against me while jumping up and down and was bending over in all sorts of directions.

Ya know...I think that was me and I am VERY sorry. I really wish you would have tapped me on the shoulder and let me know, cause I would have moved over, no problem. Most of the people at these shows are very kind and respectul and all you have to do is say something in a respectful manner and you'll get results--this isn't a Dave Mathews band show. You were one of the only people sitting down and it's not easy to not once in a while bump into one, especially when John is playing a moving solo in To Lay Me...but that's no excuse not being considerate of the people around you and it sound like from your post that I wasn't....I absoultely apologize 100% and am really, really sorry if I bummed you out.

Ya know...I think that was me and I am VERY sorry. I really wish you would have tapped me on the shoulder and let me know, cause I would have moved over, no problem. Most of the people at these shows are very kind and respectul and all you have to do is say something in a respectful manner and you'll get results--this isn't a Dave Mathews band show. You were one of the only people sitting down and it's not easy to not once in a while bump into one, especially when John is playing a moving solo in To Lay Me...but that's no excuse not being considerate of the people around you and it sound like from your post that I wasn't....I absoultely apologize 100% and am really, really sorry if I bummed you out.

Hey, it's the DUDE! :)

Seriously, you didn't bum me out by any means. I was actually tripping out on ya' a few times, as well as those spacey Santa Cruz dancers, and I know I bumped into you a few times when I was dancing, so it's all good. Just take it easy on the jumping a bit more next time. I thought you were gonna' crash down on me a couple of times...lol, and I certainly don't want you to hurt yourself. :)

One of the things I like about these shows is how differently everyone expresses themselves when they're dancing. I'll take your advice for next time (tonight?) and tap you on the shoulder.

Ciao!

Kevin

That would be us! Thanks!

You guys are so cool to watch! Will ya'll be at the FOX show tonight, or is that a ridiculous question?

Kevin

We missed ya last night! I didn't think going in it could possibly match the Wed GAMH...but was I ever wrong! The band and all of us attendees are on a roll! Spring is in the air and sweet vibes abound...Take good care...SJ

Yeah, had to miss this one due to $$ constraints...Damn, what a setlist!!

Really wanted to see the theater, as well...looks beautiful on TV...must've been something full of Starheads...

Sounds like the band are tearing it up!! Excellent!!

4/20 here we come...one foot is already moving...

I must comment on the preceding messages regarding dancing space...

Someone posted about a guy that was slightly Large with his dancing, and the guy posts an apology, right away....,..only Deadheads would be so Kind......

And that is why I always feel at home at DSO....

Peace and Light

Guest deadheadmike
We missed ya last night! I didn't think going in it could possibly match the Wed GAMH...but was I ever wrong! The band and all of us attendees are on a roll! Spring is in the air and sweet vibes abound...Take good care...SJ
Hey Jon , does this prove that the best show is always going to be next one ;):) ... You take good care also my friend ... We'll be at Cervante's in Aug hope to see you there ... Mike

What, no filler?!?

This band is gettin' lazy.

B)

The band certainly wasn't lazy last night. There wasn't any filler because it was after midnight and this particular venue probably has to have shows end at midnight. In fact, Rob did come out and say they wanted to play longer but they couldn't.

Kevin

11/09/73

Winterland Arena - San Francisco, CA

Set 1:

Promised Land

Don't Ease Me In

Black-Throated Wind

Ramble On Rose

Mexicali Blues

Brown-Eyed Women

Beat It On Down The Line

To Lay Me Down

The Race Is On

They Love Each Other

Me And Bobby McGee

Tennessee Jed

Big River

Row Jimmy

China Cat Sunflower

I Know You Rider

Playin' In The Band

Set 2:

Here Comes Sunshine

Me And My Uncle

Mississippi Half-Step

Greatest Story Ever Told

Bertha

WRS Prelude

WRS Part 1

Let It Grow

Eyes Of The World

China Doll

Around And Around

Johnny B. Goode

Encore:

Uncle John's Band

No filler

Soooo much fun!!!!!!

Half step! wooo!

• Forum MVP

:rofl::rofl:

YOu know, as soon as I began reading the description, I KNEW who it was. Stone - come up to Seattle on Thursday. Flights are cheap. I need to get my pogo on!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Don't worry Kevin, I have sat next to the human pogo stick for over 200 shows. He bends, but never breaks....

lol....I'm glad to hear it! Seriously, like he said, I could have just asked him to move over.

Hmmm....200 shows.....200 bounces per show....DANG! :)

Here's to more bouncing!

Kevin

• Forum MVP
:rofl::rofl:

YOu know, as soon as I began reading the description, I KNEW who it was. Stone - come up to Seattle on Thursday. Flights are cheap. I need to get my pogo on!!!!!!!!!!!

I move where the music takes me.

Any blame squarely belongs with the band.

People should take their gripes to them.

• Forum MVP

There is a word in the English language called..... SARCASM .... look it up !!!!

Ed - I got your back bro ! :P

The band certainly wasn't lazy last night. There wasn't any filler because it was after midnight and this particular venue probably has to have shows end at midnight. In fact, Rob did come out and say they wanted to play longer but they couldn't.

Kevin

• Forum MVP
There is a word in the English language called..... SARCASM .... look it up !!!!

Ed - I got your back bro ! :P

In all fairness, if someone was not around for the recent festivities that Ed was drawing upon in making that comment, anyone could have missed the sarcasm.

As far as not picking up on an obviously sarcastic comment, this one does not make the grade.

Archived