Westbury 5/28

drpinky

my memory is extremely hazy but heres what i got.

Original Set

I.

Bertha>

Greatest Story Ever Told

Lazy River Road

Me and My Uncle>

Big River

BLOW AWAY

Run for the Roses

Mr. Charlie

Been All Around This World

Lost Sailor>

Saint of Circumstance>

Deal

while first set was epic, second set was extremely potheaded

II.

Jam>

Alligator>

New Potato Caboose>

Alligator>

Foolish Heart>

St. Stephen>

Drums/Space>

Comes A Time>

St. Stephen>

11>

Music Never Stopped

Box of Rain

Nice and loud from start to finish with DSO playing at their best. If i recall there was the william tell bridge before comes a time. For the whole show I felt like the guy sitting in the chair from the BOSE speaker ad, minus the glass of wine.......

Guest deadheadmike
damn. I was so hoping for the original tonight. oh well....80s!
Me TOO !!! The electives ROCK and last nights set list is the proof ... Tonight is gonna rock too , can't wait !!!

Guest st stephen

they played passenger last night as well in the first set. Great show! the foolish heart was priceless! cant wait for tonight.

Some thoughts on the show. Westbury is a hilarious spot. When we got there around 4:30 there were a ton of cars already in the lot, but not a single person. The reason for this was that most of the cars belonged to corporate people who worked in the office building that was adjacent to the venue. It was pretty hilarious to watch these people file out to their cars after work only to find that their area had been overcome by loud dead, baloons, tons of smoke, and wookies walking around aimlessly. Its not every show that you get a chance to enjoy such a smoke-friendly lot scene before a DSO show.

As for the show, the first set was one of the better sets I have seen them play. Highlights for me would have to be the Lazy River Road, Blow Away, Run for the Roses, and Been All Around This World. As someone mentioned above, Lazy River Road does seem to appear on the majority of original sets, which leads me to think that it is one of JK's favorites. Correct me if I am wrong but I dont remember seeing too many setlists with Been All Around This World on it. Gave the first set a very unique and special feel. Mr Charlie and Deal have never been favorites of mine, but the first gave my buddy and I a chance to enjoy the plesantries of the venue's deck area, which we would return to numerous times during the second set.

After a first set filled with surprises, we were hoping for more of the same with the second set in the form of some JGB, Brent classics, and maybe even a signature LLR from the Senator or a Broken Arrow, Unbroken, or Box from Kevin. Not to be. Foolish Heart was great though and Box of Rain was a great way to end it. I wake up this morning extremely tempted to make the trek to Montclair tonight and philly tomorrow, but Im thinking il have to wait until ridgefield to get my next fix.

Some thoughts on the show. Westbury is a hilarious spot. When we got there around 4:30 there were a ton of cars already in the lot, but not a single person. The reason for this was that most of the cars belonged to corporate people who worked in the office building that was adjacent to the venue. It was pretty hilarious to watch these people file out to their cars after work only to find that their area had been overcome by loud dead, baloons, tons of smoke, and wookies walking around aimlessly. Its not every show that you get a chance to enjoy such a smoke-friendly lot scene before a DSO show.

As for the show, the first set was one of the better sets I have seen them play. Highlights for me would have to be the Lazy River Road, Blow Away, Run for the Roses, and Been All Around This World. As someone mentioned above, Lazy River Road does seem to appear on the majority of original sets, which leads me to think that it is one of JK's favorites. Correct me if I am wrong but I dont remember seeing too many setlists with Been All Around This World on it. Gave the first set a very unique and special feel. Mr Charlie and Deal have never been favorites of mine, but the first gave my buddy and I a chance to enjoy the plesantries of the venue's deck area, which we would return to numerous times during the second set.

After a first set filled with surprises, we were hoping for more of the same with the second set in the form of some JGB, Brent classics, and maybe even a signature LLR from the Senator or a Broken Arrow, Unbroken, or Box from Kevin. Not to be. Foolish Heart was great though and Box of Rain was a great way to end it. I wake up this morning extremely tempted to make the trek to Montclair tonight and philly tomorrow, but Im thinking il have to wait until ridgefield to get my next fix.

Everyone has got their own cup to fill, songs that perhaps tickle their fancy, but that second set is a dream set for my liking! Set 1 looks sweet too!

• Forum MVP
wtf does that even mean??????

I think it means it was a real mind scrambler. It makes me feel high just looking at it, I can hardly imagine whatit was like being there :blink:

• Forum MVP

The drums & space were very interesting last night ,I thought I heard a baby laughing like it was being tickled ,couldn't figure it out if it was Rob koritz or Rob B. making those sounds,there was also an egyptian twist to jk's playing in it.I thought Jk was hitting alot more notes last night compared to the night before.

Guest crazy digits
When the blind man says don't you see.....

The OLD version of Greatest Story and the Comes a Time were my favorites this night...the guitar solo in Comes a Time was something to hear :-)

• Forum MVP
while first set was epic, second set was extremely potheaded

II.

Jam>

Alligator>

New Potato Caboose>

Alligator>

Foolish Heart>

St. Stephen>

Drums/Space>

Comes A Time>

St. Stephen>

11>

Music Never Stopped

Box of Rain

to clarify this set, there was no "Jam" before alligator, there was no Alligator reprise, and out of the Drumz it was Stephen>Eleven>Comes>Music

lisa, i think an extremely "potheaded" second set means that the individual was really high. why that individual would post about it on the band's forum is beyond me and honestly beyond my care, as long as the individual had a good time

i really enjoyed the dancing space up in the aisle. very nice Foolish and an amazing transition into Stephen. Comes a Time was bone-chilling and it went into a great Music. bix good call on the Greatest story, that was fun

to clarify this set, there was no "Jam" before alligator, there was no Alligator reprise, and out of the Drumz it was Stephen>Eleven>Comes>Music

lisa, i think an extremely "potheaded" second set means that the individual was really high. why that individual would post about it on the band's forum is beyond me and honestly beyond my care, as long as the individual had a good time

i really enjoyed the dancing space up in the aisle. very nice Foolish and an amazing transition into Stephen. Comes a Time was bone-chilling and it went into a great Music. bix good call on the Greatest story, that was fun

i apologize for not remembering the show song for song. it was a the best i could do after a long night and a long drive back to CT. as for my late-night use of the word "potheaded" to describe the second set, perhaps it was a poor choice of words. i was just trying to joke around a little bit. i have never been a huge fan of alligator and it seems like I hear st stephen or music never stopped at every show recently. i usually go into shows hoping to hear stuff I havent heard dso do before, but i still enjoyed this show as much as any other I have been to.

hearing blow away and been all around this world was pretty cool and eaton was a genius as usual

Archived