Encore:

Brokedown palace

3/26/90-Dozin at the knick

Encore 2: w/ keller williams and lisa

scarlet>

Don't let go

Thanks jon. What a run.

Guest deadheadmike
Or...you can skip the venue and audience... and just go straight for the music.
I think by now we should already know and understand that the music was fabulous , to say the least ... ;)

• Forum MVP
I think by now we should already know and understand that the music was fabulous , to say the least ... ;)

Not for me Mike--music is never the same from note to note or from second to second and it's tons more interesting to me to hear about than the venue or the crowd--I do hope they sold the place out though.

Have a good weekend!

Guest deadheadmike
Not for me Mike--music is never the same from note to note or from second to second and it's tons more interesting to me to hear about than the venue or the crowd.

Have a good weekend!

I totally agree with you Dave , the music is what it's all about and with DSO's intense improvisational powers the music moves and swings differently each time they play ... thats the one thing that bothered me about most of the last Dead tour revues , the lot scene was the primary topic and the music was secondary or less , go figure . I was just looking for a more complete revue and a venue called Spud Drive In Theater seems like it would be an interesting venue ...

Dave you have a good weekend also my Brother and I hope to see you at John's side project shows in Oakland next month .

Drive in Movie theater below Grand Tetons

Crowd faced in the opposite direction than the mtns but Very cool music venue.

First concert ever held there.

Good size crowd having alot of fun

Alot of folks from Jackson, wy

There were meteors going off all night

Bozeman

3/ 27/ 90 Knickerbocker

Band played great, crowd was fun. The venue reminded me of my middle school Auditorium. No concessions, no outside beverage and no smoking.

Lolo

Weather is not looking so good.

I can't even see the mtns right now.

Here western MT is known to be hot and dry this time of year and DSO comes and it's rainy and cold. Damn near freezing at night up at the Hots Springs.

Pack warm clothes

Guest deadheadmike
Drive in Movie theater below Grand Tetons

Crowd faced in the opposite direction than the mtns but Very cool music venue.

First concert ever held there.

Good size crowd having alot of fun

Alot of folks from Jackson, wy

There were meteors going off all night

Bozeman

3/ 27/ 90 Knickerbocker

Band played great, crowd was fun. The venue reminded me of my middle school Auditorium. No concessions, no outside beverage and no smoking.

Lolo

Weather is not looking so good.

I can't even see the mtns right now.

Here western MT is known to be hot and dry this time of year and DSO comes and it's rainy and cold. Damn near freezing at night up at the Hots Springs.

Pack warm clothes

Nice :icon14:

Nice :icon14:

and OH NO , not again with the damn rain . :o

Thanks daytrip16 !!!

Guest friendofthedeviledegg
Can you tell us a little about the venue and the audience ... Thanks !!! :)

wasnt there, wish i was, just posting for a friend. he said the crowd was pretty rowdy, DSO first for many.

Guest crazy digits

If at all possible, I will not miss another swhow at this venue. The show was unbelievable, the crowd was incredible if you know what I am saying Gary...the venue was sick! Thanks DSO. I could imagine 2 shows at this venue next time around.

• Advisory Board

Imagine that.... Dark Cloud Orchestra rides again! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

WOW!! Bix usually exaggerates and gets himself all worked up, but the driggs show was something special. the extended rap on blow away. the dew/brokedown. the show was incredible. i would have to say that this was the level of show were both the music, the crowd, and the experience can not really be shared and only experienced. if you werent there, try to make it next time and hopefully, the band can recapture the magic they felt that night and capture so often on other nights. btw, this show was not dozin at the knick. several of us were confused in the crowd and failed to remember that dozin was recorded over several nights at the knick and not one.

• Forum MVP
btw, this show was not dozin at the knick. several of us were confused in the crowd and failed to remember that dozin was recorded over several nights at the knick and not one.

True...this was the last (and best) show of the Albany run--they used the first set as the first set in the compilation Dozin at the Knick.

Breakouts of Duprees and Big RxR, an incredible B T Wind (despite the god-awful lyric rewrite) and a run stopping Blow Away made this close to a perfect first set.

Guest crazy digits
WOW!! Bix usually exaggerates and gets himself all worked up, but the driggs show was something special. the extended rap on blow away. the dew/brokedown. the show was incredible. i would have to say that this was the level of show were both the music, the crowd, and the experience can not really be shared and only experienced. if you werent there, try to make it next time and hopefully, the band can recapture the magic they felt that night and capture so often on other nights. btw, this show was not dozin at the knick. several of us were confused in the crowd and failed to remember that dozin was recorded over several nights at the knick and not one.

....and that foooking victim :blink:

I really enjoyed the DSO show at the Drive In at Drigg, ID on August 12th. Spent a couple days fly fishing and camping under the Teton Mountains, and a Grateful wednesday night under the stars listening to Dark Star. Beautiful venue, DSO sounded grate, awesome show list, and really fun crowd! I took a couple of pictures, but I have not figured out yet how to post them.

Can't wait to see you guys again in my home town (SLC, UT) for two nights in October!!!

Archived