-
Posts
2,319 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
162
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Ammagamalin Crew
-
Birmingham Atlanta Chattanooga so as not to Confuse any spur of the moment travellers. This place in Gulf Shores I go to every year to get my head straight the prime week is Oct 15-20. Really bummed I ain't doing Newport and Pittsburgh... Halloween will be my next show up in Grand Rapids, then Darrell Scott celebrating Guy Clark's birthday at City Winery in Nashville. I'm going to try to get to St Louis (Fri another day off)🤔 Unfortunately can't take another work day off for the Sunday Columbus🤔 take considering the upcoming week on the beach, Halloween is a Tues which means two more and the Darrell Scott celebrating Guy's birthday is a Mon, there's two more. Probably know more people in St Louis than Columbus (if the all the fine people from Paducah go?) There was a bunch that I met at my first Hyryder show that were also at last year's St Louis.
-
Superbowl part II tonight
-
http://tela.sugarmegs.org/_asxtela/asxcards/BobDylan2023-09-23RuoffMusicCenterNoblesvilleIN.html Dylan's set is up on sugarmegs Maggie's Farm Positivity 4th Street Ballad of a Thin Man
-
Birmingham is a Friday the 13th
-
9/2/23 New Barn Theater Mt Vernon KY 8pm Easy From Now On Guitar Town Blue KY Girl Two More Bottles of Wine Love and Happiness Red Dirt Girl Get Up John *Talk of Jimmy Buffett and all the great musicians we've recently lost over the past two years leading into>> Old Five and Dimers TULSA QUEEN Wheels LUXURY LINER Bright Morning Stars Bang the Drum Slowly Kern River If I Needed You All The Road Running Going Back to Harlen *Band intros and thx to audience, acknowledging some aren't at their first show tonight* "we're all... TOGETHER AGAIN" Shores of White Sands The Pearl Encores: Pancho and Lefty Leaving Louisiana in the Broad Daylight 9:45.
-
Saturday September 2 Emmylou Harris at the new barn theater in Mt Vernon KY. Bob Dylan is playing James Brady in Cincy and box office tickets were something like $260-$480, geez, that ain't gonna happened I'll be in Franklin TN coming back from a soak in Gulf Shores. Still would never drop that on an evening of music. That's almost enough to buy another instrument!
-
Since we're on the subject here , there and everywhere: https://archive.org/details/gd1987-08-18.145599.nak300.in-house.fm.composite.hessberg.miller.clugston.flac1648 Weird, I put in August 20, 1987 hoping for Park West and it brings up the pesky Compton Terrace, even when I went back and did a second search. I know Park West was taped by our people with AKG460 dbx D5, guess I'll have to dig up my tape and send it to someone that does digital transfers. 8/20/87 opened with Big Boss Man. 2nd set,: ChinaRyder, truckin>smokestack and Stella showed up (that's all I can remember)
-
It's gotta be hard on Kesey, just as it was for Kahn. I mean he had to live on without. John only made it a year. I remember thinking that first year after he was gone how it must've been for Bobby. He got to with him so much more than any of us creating an unfathomable sorrow. Jerry always was the one coming on stage right out of the shoot with smiles and encouragement for the others on stage. That's what stands out me when I watch the concert videos. Then everyone would warm up and make the best of the time they got to play. Peace to all of us that have lasted through the years without. Some didn't make it through that first summer.
-
Yes and wondering if they'll have to move it indoors with ⚡storms predicted up until After Midnight. Grand Rapids is also 6pm. Cleveland is the first show at 8pm. (Guess their figuring it's during the work week for locals) They got their work cut out for them tonight considering how Indy folks were dosed this past weekend.
-
Hyryder first night of Jerry Garcia Birthday Bash Celebration. First set cut short due to Charlie's guitar breaking down, but oh my what a night from what I can recall: #1 Alabama Getaway Promised Land TLEO Used to Love Her Dire Wolf BEW Hard to Handle Foolish Heart ...? #2 Gomorrah Help Slip Franklins Doin That Rag Cryptical Other One Cryptical Mission in the Rain Stronger than Dirt Uncle Johns Band Alligator Viola Lee Blues After Midnight Eleanor Rigby After Midnight Brokedown Palace Might As Well (1hr 51 min)
-
Yes! My only time at cal expo and we had to take shifts either being the mic stand with the AKG 460's horn hat or running the D5 levels and flips FOB. 3 shows meant six shifts to be filled.
-
ET told me not to worry about missing this year's fest due to having Phish tickets this same weekend. They're taking up residence for years to come is what he reassured me at the Rockford show.
-
It's an open floor which is nice for dancing and there's 5-6 steps that take you up to a wrap around second level. Grateful it's not James Brady center in Cincy (both venues built about the same time a few years ago.), Riverfront Live is the preferred venue. Last year I missed the first half of the first set arriving late at 8:20, but the free movement of the floor made for a great show.
-
Alpine 84, with the night before spacing into Dear Mr Fantasy and the following shows being the Greek series with the Friday the 13th experiment. That Fantasy was a big deal around here in 84, made Alpine a destination site for years to come, getting bigger and longer until the final rainout series in 89 and the end of the most spectacular parking lot camping EVER
-
How was the Micheal Cleveland inclusion? Tonight' s is cut down to one set because of the rain coming in,but oh what set. When the guest female vocalists joined in it was all JGB. Saint>Wang Dang Doodle, lay down Sally, Tore up, midnight moonlight, love light, mns I think I'm missing something. Oh yeah, St Stephen after MM
-
3 in Nashville, 2 in Dayton, 3 in Chicago. That RR WSP event has a YouTube video sped up to show the rocks being covered by blankets as doors open
-
Saratoga 85 Midnight Hour> Bertha>little Red Rooster Stagger Lee>El Paso>Crazyfingers>Supplication jam>High Time, Hell In a Bucket>Don't Ease *followed by another emotional first set the next night in a rain soaked Hershey Park
-
I knew that Dark Star was coming out at homebase after the Rockford show which I met my home town friend on his way back from Montana. Every show since coming back from Ventura has been really good. The shows leading up to S & R put a lot of pressure on the band. At RL Blair said it got real when plane tickets were in hand. ❤️ "What makes you ryde so high to put a loving star back in an empty sky" ⚡ "You don't change those chilly winds for any other place"
-
Saturday May 20 Rockford Illinois ⚡
-
Random thoughts and randomness in general
Ammagamalin Crew replied to Rude's topic in Random Thoughts
I was at that and you can see me killing a tall beer in my red Ohio State jacket going in with a hidden bottle of tequila, a D6 and mics. They were promising a set by the band. I taped a lot of the shinagans through out the 3 hr filming. Saving batteries and tape for the set to follow. Alas we got no midnight set. Thought for sure we were getting something special. It was Monterrey and Jerry was back. Next time you're over we can watch it D/C Barton Hall 5/8/23 Set II China Rider Help Slip Franklins D/S Scarlet Fire Morning Dew Terrapin -
Frosted Flakes, most likely an afternoon show
-
I think there was the show, a Sunday afternoon show, at the Greeks, TDIGDH where it was so sweltering hot that our mic stand guy collapsed from the heat in the second set. It was his turn to sport the AKG 460's in a horn hat with cables running down his pant leg to a D5 operated by the second crew member that set. I didn't make this series but picked up the equipment after the four shows in Alpine to record the rest of summer tour. Didn't do Oxford Plains, regrettably after hearing the fantasy.
-
I've tried to paste links throughout the day, no luck. Very big day 4/6/84 my first long distance drive for a show and clearly remember the china ryder and eyes and the mushrooms and using the cc my dad gave me for emergencies at college. He didn't think buying a case of beer in Las Vegas as an emergency and took that away. It was my only contribution to the trip for our group heading out of Laramie. Then 4/6/85 the only show of the Philly three to close out spring where I learned the hard lesson that you have to tour the dead as you can see what happened at the two I missed. I was chasing after that mistake
-
I remember clearly, the first night, bringing full cups of beer down to our 2nd row center seats as Scarlet Fire was starting up after set break, spilling as the joyful spinning was beginning, so happy to be with good friends up close for the celebration. Then the second night the coveted High Time gifted to us all in the first. Jerry loved us all so much he just had to play a little dark star to finish off this series.
