-
Posts
6,299 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
349
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Rude
-
Saw Bobby and wolf bros Thursday in St. Louis. Got in early and got THE primo spot dead center behind the pit. Fun time but not as dancy as I would like but still fun. Saw koritz hanging out by the monitor board and was thinking he may have played percussion kit on a song but don’t think bobby adds guests for these shows. Set I: Bertha, Friend of the Devil, Black Throated Wind, Cassidy, Most of the Time, Great Rain, Tennesee Jed, Bird Song Set II: Me & My Uncle, Scarlet Begonias > Corrina > Truckin’ > Fever > Two Djinn, Dear Prudence > Throwing Stones > Going Down the Road Feeling Bad Encore: Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door
-
I do wish that I could have 15k pics on a drive of me from college. That would be cool to look back on now that the statute of limitations is up on everything that would be on them.
-
I think it’s funny how when tour comes out on Facebook how people are angry that they aren’t doing for example a California show when Dso just played in Cali. Social media has allowed us to see how idiotic the human race is in general. I just had my 1 year anniversary of deleting my Facebook account. I will still browse artists and the like for info but My account is offline. The politics thing was a big catalyst and the selling of info another. Plus I don’t need likes to be happy. I think that may be more of a millennial thing anyway. We are lucky many of us we didn’t have this shit in high school and college. It kept the pics of us doing naked keg stands off the internet.
-
My cat bites me and no one else. I guess it’s opposite dogs. My cat trusts me enough to make me bloody but afraid strangers will hit him if he gets aggressive.
-
A study came out that shows that the obesity level of pets is increasing rapidly. Back when there were no leash laws your pets could go exercise by themselves. Now with free range animal parenting frowned upon and you may even get charged with a crime if your 3yr old animal bites someone. Imagine if you were bit by a dog 50 years ago how many lawsuits would be filed. The answer is 0. Today dak Prescott’s dogs broke their fence and bit someone’s finger and they are wanting a million dollar payday.This is all contributing to the pet obesity epidemic. #releasetheleash
-
You get a whole dark side of the moon sandwich in the middle of dead songs on either side. Seems like a no brainer.
-
Leadership and the value of the 1st follower. Maybe the most important lesson ever. Maybe.
-
If you expect anything, expect to be disappointed.
-
A 69 and elective dream best of both dream types.
-
I was thinking of just doing a few minutes of tanning bed or something. The sun here literally hasn’t shined in over a week and it rains and rains and we are flooded and it fuckin blows.
-
So do any of you ever watch some show that reminds you of something then go on a 2 hour binge while drunk of say flight of the conchords clips? I tend to see something that sends me on these manic binges of things like this. I went on a mini binge of Workaholics the other day after seeing those guys in a movie. Man I really want the sun to fucking shine.......... Winters almost over. This was a rough one. I need sun. Maybe a shithole studio apt in LA is worth it....or maybe it’s all in my head and won’t matter anyway...even though I think the Midwest in the winter is about as bad as it gets.
-
Indy does have a Grateful Dead bar with a stealie logo and prob 500 people were at the mousetrap last night. Not many towns have bars that identify with the dead or incorporate dead icons in their logos. Unfortunately the closest I get to a local dead band is when hyryder comes to Evansville. Nashville has the stolen faces who play once a week but they aren’t near the same level as hyryder. These guys for being weekend warriors are fantastic and very original. For the bands I’ve seen dead related for me it’s dso, JRAD and hyryder moving up on the inside. That 1st set I posted is all female related songs lol. The viola>schoolgirl>Bertha was amazing and I was sipping on my 1st hopslam pretty much stone cold sober and my face got melted. I realize it’s the music that scrambles your brain and even though the misconception is that deadheads dance so crazy because they are on something, the reality is that the music makes us lose control.
-
saw 2 nights of hyryder this weekend. Set 1 of night 2 is one of the best crafted sets I’ve ever seen. These guys transition phenomenally well. Very creative and so tight. To me the mark of a great dead band is how they transition and jam and they have it down. Show starts at the 15:00 mark. Listen to at least the 1st 40 minutes. Won’t tell the setlist but it’s a doozy and the jams are off the charts. Good soundboard even though the one on their Facebook is a little better quality but this is still great. Indy has a solid dead scene and these guys sell out in town.
-
Bill won the day. Ding ding ding. I’ll ignore the fact he wasn’t The anthem energizer bunny bill tonight. I mean tiger lost to Phil in the money grab over thanksgiving so we all have off days. I’ll expect his A-game tomorrow though. Maybe it was the fact he wasn’t ready for space at the E factory and got it. Mentally preparing for a sardine factory combined with the Christmas holiday can knock down even the triathletes among us. I was at keystone then too in 87 over New Years but had no clue about the dead yet.Gr8tfulpair was also working at keystone. He called us gapers as our mouths were supposedly wide open watching locals like him ski.........But then again he was an employee so he was technically our bitch.
-
That 2nd set looks like a madman wrote it lol.
-
Nice. So you did all 3 nights of their Hampton run. Hampton is definitely one of the dead central areas of the country. Nashville not so much. Maybe that had something to do with it. There’s always drunk idiots at most shows hollering so maybe I was just in the middle of that group. But I have been to several Dso shows where the crowd was pin drop silent. It’s such a rare thing that it’s super special. You def won’t get that with 10k person crowds. The law of averages will tell you that when you have a small town smashed into a venue there’s bound to be a few ultra obnoxious people but with 1000 people you have a small shot at a near perfect crowd. It’s rare but you can get a Stella where not a person makes a peep.
-
So after several shows I realized JRAD uses some filter that gives the arena type special sound like its bouncing everywhere. It creates a hollow type sound where you barely hear the high hats and cymbals. JRAD is awesome but wish they wouldn’t do that. Dso’s sound is direct and clear unless they decide to space it out at times but not the whole show. It sounds like a dead audience recording to an extent. The dead didn’t make the music sound like that. It just recorded like that from the bouncing in an arena but 30 feet from stage in a tall ceiling theater should be crystal clear live. At times all you hear are the toms. The highs don’t come through. I asked people at my 1st show what’s wrong with the sound. In the Anthem as well as Philly it was like that. That being said, they are a fantastic group musically put on a top notch show. We got to hang out with Tom Hamilton at the Philly train station, well he was next to us in line for the Train from Philly to DC for 30 minutes so we were interrogating him, and saw the rest of the band when w arrived in DC and asked them about Jazz Fest. Can’t believe the girls failed to get a pic with Oteill when we said hi. Really they should have gotten a whole band pic.
-
Saw Phish on Wednesday in Nashville. Amazing Pit tix. Pretty fun time. But....the phish crowd was not at all like a dead crowd. The panic crowd was half dressed in GD attire and most of the people were big deadheads too. Actually almost everyone I talked to at panic had seen dso within the last year or 2. The phish crowd was loud and obnoxious. Nonstop yelling and whooing. During quiet singing half the damn crowd was yelling at trey because their voice could be heard. If you think a dead crowd is a sausage fest, this was twice as bad. But they travel. Everyone I met was far from home. It was def not a southern crowd where everyone is chatting up their neighbors. There may be things I don’t like about the south but there’s no where I’d rather live besides Cali and who can afford to buy a place out there in today’s market. Abandoned properties in the desert are 200k and that doesn’t include a roof or windows or neighbors for 15 miles. That does include a metal fence though as all properties in the middle of nowhere are fenced to keep the cowboys out who are on the run heading to Mexico.
-
Wait. Is that supposed to be me at a show??
-
Raggy? (Scooby doo reference)
-
Isn’t the gang getting back together for the norva>anthem? Heard a rumor that Gr8tfulpair is getting psyched for it. Maybe it will be like it’s always sunny “The gang goes to the jersey shore” episode. I did get the idea to sneak in booze in lotion containers from that episode. Charlie just drank the lotion. Either way works.
-
That’s definitely local
-
I’d definitely go if it was close duck
-
I liked her but having a band is definitely the way to go. Solo piano has limited appeal to me with dead music. I like dead for all that’s happening musically and limiting it to 1 instrument doesn’t do it for me more than a YouTube video.
-
You obviously need some live music if you think people think negatively of you. Buy that shirt and wear it to a show! U need one bad.
