Jump to content

chuckvegas

Forum MVP
  • Posts

    10,054
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    240

Everything posted by chuckvegas

  1. You mean you missed the 6/10/73 Eyes they used as audio for the 4th quarter?
  2. In college I once tried to eat a tuna fish sandwich but couldn't finish it because the finely chopped pickles felt as big as pebbles in my mouth. But nonetheless, almost fifty years later, to this day I still love tuna fish.
  3. I would love to go to the Philly shows but I am from a red zone state. It is recommended that I quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. That isn’t practical and so I will not be complicit. https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Travelers.aspx
  4. There used to be a Politics folder (or whatever is the correct terminology) in earlier iterations in the Forums. I'm not recommending that it be brought back, but it was a convenient place to keep political discourse. Of late I have wondered what discussions about, say, agitation for regime change has to do with the greatest transition from Scarlet into Fire to be found in the Archive. I admit that I am not up on the latest disputations about Marxist praxis and theory, or the critical exegesis of “A well regulated Militia" in the Second Amendment. I just like to dance, although admittedly I'm not very good at that either.
  5. Yes, I did, and yes there possibly is. Not only that, most of them are on good quality vinyl (as opposed to the cutouts so many will fondly remember) and I took very good care of them under sometimes suboptimal situations. No stacking on a spindle for me. Covers and slips are good too. I have most of the booklets that came with those that came with booklets. One of my favs is the Last Days of the Fillmore box set. The one with Blows Against the Empire is great too. In fact, even now when I do handle CDs I still only hold them by the edges rather than treat them as if they are coasters for drinks.
  6. Mmmm, red dot and 4x32 in one nice package. Thank you, Trijicon!
  7. Thai sticks were fun.
  8. One I really want to see is Pink Talking Fish.
  9. Now if only someone would do Fire>My Old School, that would be something...
  10. The best time of my life. I love you all more than words can tell.
  11. When you were in line to check out did you ask for something like another chance?
  12. I'm not a stranger In the hands of the Maker
  13. Well thought, well stated, deeply impressive. I am moved.
  14. Tea said it - love you brother! Been a long long time to be gone...
  15. Yes. It's been...too...long since you last...shared your wit...and wisdom. And we...could use some of Dear...Abby's charm and...advice plus...a dose of Inspector Callahan's...tough love in...these...benighted times!
  16. Thanks! I would groove hard to the TH songs too. Like I do when Cheese plays Naive Melody and Nothing But Flowers. Or when DSO played Up All Night. Or the band occasionally known as Terrapin Nation (been way too long) played Nothing But Flowers. Or when the lady formerly known as my wife and I saw two shows of the Stop Making Sense Tour. Now that was good clean youthful fun... I acknowledge I didn’t see any of these last night. But I did see DSO and Cheese recently. 😎
  17. A band I would like to check out is Pink Talking Fish. That combination of covers and the resulting set lists push most of my musical buttons. And at around $20.00 to $25.00 per ticket (not counting fees etc etc etc) the price is right for upcoming SoCal shows. We will see...
  18. What sustains me through the long dark nights and piercingly bright days is the certainty that no good deed goes unpunished.
  19. The way we were...I love you, Delilah Jones!
  20. Yes! A true classic, and not to be confused with Bakshi’s equally wonderful Heavy Traffic!
  21. Yes, those are a reason to study history. The more you learn, the more you know!
  22. Yep, seen DSO there inside and outside. I can only imagine the frenzy on the shore when he played there. Rock in a sauna, the way it was meant to be!
  23. He is Jersey’s favorite son. And a lot cooler than jug handles. But if you give them a chance you can come to love both. And how can you not love Key West Intermezzo!
  24. This is the one who wrote Atlantic City, Because the Night, Brilliant Disguise, Incident on 57th Street, Jungleland, Nebraska, Tenth Avenue Freezeout, Tunnel of Love, and some others that were on the radio a lot, right? Just want to make sure that this is the same guy here. Not that being on the radio a lot or writing songs others take to near perfection necessarily means someone is any good. That Dylan dude is an example of that.
×
×
  • Create New...