Jump to content

chuckvegas

Forum MVP
  • Posts

    10,054
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    240

Everything posted by chuckvegas

  1. There’s a whole lotta love in those pics.
  2. It’s how I stay hydrated out here.
  3. I’ve never felt motivated to get any ink but I could see going full Tyson with that heady pattern.
  4. I’ll order a couple of extra for the faithful. If you set aside notions regarding the subject matter they are pretty cool in that faux lot way.
  5. Live music is fun and all but I’m not sure how my presence as one of the normal 9,999 at a show will change anyone’s opinion of me. And yes, I do need that t shirt bad. I wonder if it comes in teal?
  6. I remember someone said that it doesn’t matter what you wear just as long as you are there. But since it seldom turns out the way it does in the song I know you can’t believe everything you hear. i have no idea when my next show will be, and since the few folks that know me don’t think too positively of me anyway, I think this will look very sporting when I finally get out and about. The “Mayer is Dead to Me” ones look nice but they could be misunderstood as an intentional double entendre and I don’t want there to be any confusion about where I stand.
  7. Sometimes it seems like last night. Thank you, Doc. https://archive.org/details/crnml2005-04-29.scott.flac16/crnml2005-04-29d1t08.flac
  8. Since I have unwittingly taken this thread in a direction that defies logic and proportion I will say I danced as joyfully at that Cornmeal set as at any show I have attended. That ‘Sheep’ was a psychedelic jamgrass masterpiece. I’m glad it led you back to the stage! For the faithful:
  9. Good call on Dunegrass Fest; it was a magical time. The DSO/Cornmeal situation was perfect. Watch one on the stage to the right, then pivot to the left for the other. It was a kinder, gentler fest, like a Ledges Lite with a whole lake. Of course I miss the quarry too, and I apologize for being complicit in thread drift from the original "last night" or "recently" parameter...
  10. I did not see them last night. That is why I didn’t reference them here. I don't want to cause thread drift. Click on my my link in the Blaze Foley thread to get a sense of why I would travel to see them back when I did travel. Or just think back to their shows at the Ledges, or opening for DSO, or their Midwest tours, or stands in Chicago, or those summer shows back east.
  11. The fiftieth anniversary of the release of Dear Mr Fantasy was last year. Perhaps they were also big fans of Traffic and, in their reserved British manner, simply too polite to overtly express their disgust at what they regard as the Yank way of desecrating such masterpieces.
  12. What he said next was cooler.
  13. They told me that 50 years ago. I’m still waiting but by now I’ve pretty much given up hope.
  14. As the Shakers sang, ”Tis a gif to be simple, 'tis a gif to be free'Tis a gif to come down where I ought to be...”
  15. I have been filmed. I have been photographed. I have been mocked. I have been emulated. I am not able to shed light, much less master. If I was more coordinated I would be less of a spectacle. Most others here are poetry in motion. And I strive to listen to the music play and to ignore those recording for posterity. Interlopers are irritating but transitory as they tend to get bored and move on.
  16. That was some hot stuff.
  17. He will be remembered forever as an excitable boy. We are the better for him having been here, and he is sorely missed. What a body of work he left us. Never thought I'd have to pay so dearlyFor what was already mine...
  18. You forgot the classic "how 'bout them 'Boys?"
  19. Dewey has been problematic to some degree for many of us. It has been traumatic for a few. It is one place where you really, really should walk right. And that doesn't always help. Think of it as Hampton Beach squared.
  20. I'm no Abby but common sense dictates that you give them all raises, have neither set working hours nor job requirements, implement a bonus policy that rewards any attendance whatsoever, and certainly remove all obligations to communicate in any manner with mere clients or customers. Fucking Gen X and Boomers. We can't die off soon enough.
  21. Well, I wasn't there to personally help with construction but I can do a quick online search with the best of them. And I don't know about being the caretaker but that does sound nicer than being a mortician.
  22. The Casino Ballroom is a venerable venue whose history goes back to 1899 (thank you, Internet). It is nice to be a small part of well over a century of dancing there!
  23. I think we all have memories of Dewey; a couple of them are even fond. I don't see myself going back there again either. Too much of anything can sometimes be too much. The thing I always liked about Hampton Beach was walking out of the venue after the show lit up like a Christmas tree and seeing how the cop cars were too. With their blue and red lights it was just so festive! But it did seem best not to stick around watching all the pretty colors. And when it comes to driving, a designated person really is the better part of valor. The video posted by August West in the other Hampton thread tells the tale pretty well.
  24. You mean it's all a... a... a... lie?
×
×
  • Create New...