Eugene

chuckvegas

• Forum MVP

I only made it to the first set, and my memory of such things is about as bad as it gats. If I don't write a setlist down as it happens, it just becomes random snippets that pop up in my memory in whatever order they choose. I remember this much at this particular moment.

Iko Iko

Wang Dang Doodle

Cassidy

Bird Song

Memphis Blues

Touch of Grey

A bunch of other stuff that is jumbled somewhere in my mush of a brain right now. (I made it to work this morning with about three minutes to spare, just now got home.And, yeah. I got a ticket. Oopsie.) I'll try to post the rest as it forms in my brainmush.

Elective show

second set was pretty much

estimated

foolish heart

smokestack

uncle johns

d/s

viola lee

so many roads

lovelight

encore -

strange man (always a pleasure!)

Im missing a song post space before so many roads?

first set had a aiko , wang dang , memphis , bird song , evangeline , touch

Probably the lowest turnout for a mcdonnald dso show ever the balcony was even closed and i dont think it ever has been?

That's the snippet I just recollected.

It all rolls into one...

I was there and loved the show! Couldn't get my brain around everything we heard, but I think we have it all now. It was similar in ways to that '88 show, but they definitely didn't play that entire setlist.

I'd never been to back to back original setlist shows before, either.

• Forum MVP

Thank'y to Robin, who is the one who inspired me to even attempt to post snippets here. I usually do not, unless I wrote the setlist down, but it was Robin who talked to me about how, when she does not make it to a show, she really appreciates any info at all from folks who were there. She will post whatever snippets she can recall, even if it's not complete or correct. I got to thinking about it, and, yeah, of course she's right.

if you got weird. maybe the vibe was you and not everyone else....just coming up with ideas.

It's ok Aaron, you're not going crazy, it really was kinda weird. Plus I think we were kinda spoiled with the space, energy, and great people to dance around in Ptown. Eugene really can be hit or miss depending....

smiles, call me, I was kinda thinking of a few of us getting together this weekend. :)

• Forum MVP
It's ok Aaron, you're not going crazy, it really was kinda weird. Plus I think we were kinda spoiled with the space, energy, and great people to dance around in Ptown. Eugene really can be hit or miss depending....

smiles, call me, I was kinda thinking of a few of us getting together this weekend. :)

emma, I'm just messing with aaron. ive been to eugene and i know that any congregation of young hippies can lead to a weird vibe. Have fun in SF aaron. I will be back on the bus next weekend.

Thank'y to Robin, who is the one who inspired me to even attempt to post snippets here. I usually do not, unless I wrote the setlist down, but it was Robin who talked to me about how, when she does not make it to a show, she really appreciates any info at all from folks who were there. She will post whatever snippets she can recall, even if it's not complete or correct. I got to thinking about it, and, yeah, of course she's right.

Hi Fred,

That's cool that our conversation inspired you to post what you could remember! For example, I don't see anything from Chico up yet, but somebody out there must have been there! Wouldn't it be great if they'd post even a partial setlist?

You know that thing about the weird vibe in Eugene? The first set was super good vibes while you were there with Moonbeam. I dug that left front corner we were in. I must say, the audience vibe did get a little strange in the second set, but I still had a blast.

I'm off to the Fillmore tonight. Should be tons of fun! Will report back...

Robin

• Forum MVP

That was the coolest thing in the world.

When Moonbeam was a wee baby, I would dance with her in my arms, and she would look up at me with those beautiful, smiling eyes. Now she's all growed up bigger than me. When we were in Eugene, dancing together, she looked down at me and I saw the exact same beautiful smiling eyes that she used to give me. Magical moment.

I miss the shit outta that kid. It wasn't hard for her to talk me into going down to Eugene that night, even though it meant driving all night to gethome in time for work (with no sleep) next morning. That moment in itself was well worth it. Yeah, whatever the vibe was in the rest of the joint, we definitely had us the best corner! Everybody there seemed to be having the time of their lives......

Archived