Bertha

Good Lovin

Encore:

US Blues

Filler:

Passenger

Going Down The Road

The Weight

Great show. Energy in the venue was high. Lots of young people who really enjoy the music. We had a bit of Christmas music pre show compliments of Rob B. Nothing left to do but head to Rochester. We get to spend another day here in Burlington. Great town Burlington, love it here. Stephen and I went into a consignment shop today and I immediately walked over to a distressed leather coat that I knew was perfect for him. $34 and worth every penny. He found an eyeglass cleaner cloth in the pocket that had a psycheldelic aqua blue swirl pattern on one side and on the other side it said Eyes of The World. Perfect!

• Forum MVP
February 2, 1979 something like Caplin College in Illinois

Set I:

Don't Ease Me In

Mama Tried

Mexicali

They Love Each Other

Looks Like Rain

Stagerlee

Cassidy

Peggy O

Music Never Stopped

(We think no Dead Base in the hotel)

Set II:

Scarlet

Fire

Dancin

Drums

Space with Drums

Black Peter

Miracle

Bertha

Good Lovin

Encore:

US Blues

Filler:

Passenger

Going Down The Road

The Weight

Great show. Energy in the venue was high. Lots of young people who really enjoy the music. We had a bit of Christmas music pre show compliments of Rob B. Nothing left to do but head to Rochester. We get to spend another day here in Burlington. Great town Burlington, love it here. Stephen and I went into a consignment shop today and I immediately walked over to a distressed leather coat that I knew was perfect for him. $34 and worth every penny. He found an eyeglass cleaner cloth in the pocket that had a psycheldelic aqua blue swirl pattern on one side and on the other side it said Eyes of The World. Perfect!

Great review as always...I guess no black peter this weekend. (Not enjoying crossing ballads off the list.)

• Advisory Board

Stagger Lee and Peggy-O in the same set....

**Wet Dream**

No 2-2-79 show... it was this one...

02-07-79 SIU Arena, U. of Southern Illinois, Carbondale, Il. (Wed)

1: Don't Ease, Mama Tried> Mexicali, Jack A Roe, L. L. Rain, TLEO, Minglewood, Stagger Lee, Cassidy, Peggy-O, Music

2: Scarlet> Fire, Dancin> Drumz> Black Peter> Miracle> Bertha> Good Lovin

E: U. S. Blues

Actually, first set was..

Don't ease

mama tried

mexicali

jack-a-roe

looks like rain

they love each other

minglewood

stagger lee

cassidy

peggy-o

music never stopped

Great Peggy-O! and overall, a really well played show. Killer Scarlet-Fie to open the 2nd set! Great energy from the band. They were obviously having a good time as were we!

ooops..didn't see 2nd post...it's early...working on 2 hours sleep!!!!!!

• Forum MVP
Stagger Lee and Peggy-O in the same set....

**Wet Dream**

No 2-2-79 show... it was this one...

02-07-79 SIU Arena, U. of Southern Illinois, Carbondale, Il. (Wed)

1: Don't Ease, Mama Tried> Mexicali, Jack A Roe, L. L. Rain, TLEO, Minglewood, Stagger Lee, Cassidy, Peggy-O, Music

2: Scarlet> Fire, Dancin> Drumz> Black Peter> Miracle> Bertha> Good Lovin

E: U. S. Blues

yet another awesome DSO recreation of a killer show! Nice!

:dsorocks:

Guest Lisacat

well I'm sad that I missed the GDTRFB filler...I think this is the first tour in a very very long time I haven't heard it.... had to leave the show early as I was so exhausted I could barely even stand up let alone dance. I did get to hear the very fun jackaroe followed by a very beautiful and heartfelt looks like rain. Lisa sang her heart out on that one. Was able to catch about 5 hours of sleep before waking up at 4 am for my flight home and now sitting in my office with the door closed and verging on comatose.

Always such great fun in Burlington....love the town and its energy. Wish I would have been more motivated to get out and about. I would live there if it wasn't so damn cold. No way I could do those winters.

Thank you, DSO. Enjoy your last day off on tour before the last 2.

What a show. I brought two newbies. Conversion fully accomplished.

John - I first saw you guys at the Colonial Theater in Keene in the fall of 1999. Thirty seconds into the opening song - Touch of Grey - I knew I'd found the music again. I've been to 7 or 8 shows a year since then. Last night was the last DSO show I'll see with you. Thanks very much for a great ride. I'm looking forward to seeing you with Furthur. Good luck.

Guest eyesofvermont
February 2, 1979 something like Caplin College in Illinois

Set I:

Don't Ease Me In

Mama Tried

Mexicali

They Love Each Other

Looks Like Rain

Stagerlee

Cassidy

Peggy O

Music Never Stopped

(We think no Dead Base in the hotel)

Set II:

Scarlet

Fire

Dancin

Drums

Space with Drums

Black Peter

Miracle

Bertha

Good Lovin

Encore:

US Blues

Filler:

Passenger

Going Down The Road

The Weight

Eyes of the World is actually a glasses and optics store in Burlington (I have a glasses case from them with the SYF logo on it). But that's still pretty darn cool.

• Forum MVP
Eyes of the World is actually a glasses and optics store in Burlington (I have a glasses case from them with the SYF logo on it). But that's still pretty darn cool.

they advertise in rolling stone.. i had no clue they had a physical store.. do you know how long it's been there? i lived in burlington for a summer like 5 years ago.. where is the store?

btw, they can't get a chase business account under that name, cause i already claimed it. :) last time i renewed my card, the operator asked, "what exactly is your business?" :D

• Forum MVP
they advertise in rolling stone.. i had no clue they had a physical store.. do you know how long it's been there? i lived in burlington for a summer like 5 years ago.. where is the store?

btw, they can't get a chase business account under that name, cause i already claimed it. :) last time i renewed my card, the operator asked, "what exactly is your business?" :D

Did you tell them you operate out of your lazy summer home?

Archived