Jeff Mattson Interview And New Riders Benefit Show

PK1

• Forum MVP
It's really all about the notes and the notes first. Without those the rest is meaningless... It's funny how some folks are so into the "tone". Kevin's tone is nothing like Phil's tone yet there is very little mention of it. My tone for the past 2 years (with the exception if the hollow body) has not changed and does not change with the time period and is really nothing like Weir's...... Just my observation....... I frankly could care less about Jeff's tone... What I care about is the MUSIC...... Jeff makes me a better player and that is something I don't say lightly! I seem to remember the same bickering about Rob B when he started playing with us....... I guess it's part of change. This will be a new chapter in DSO's evolution and those expecting it to be the same might be surprised to find it's not exactly the same. What it will be is high quality Grateful Dead Music like it has always been. I guess if it doesn't work for the listener then there is always Furthur with JK. John will NOT be back with DSO in the future (his choice not ours) and that is something we will all have to deal with and accept. If DSO without JK is something people don't like then there is always Furthur or JK's side projects when Furthur is done..... But please give us time to get a feel for our new lineup and allow us to grow into it! Remember we didn't ask for this but have no choice but to move on and do the very best we can.......

you guys look like you're having ALOT of fun!!!!! the energy is magnificent!!!!!!..... enjoy, everything else will work itself out..... merry christmas, steve

• 2 weeks later...

Just for the record, I would like to say how pleased I was with the two shows I caught at the Rams Head. Looks like I worried for nothing, as usual. Like everyone has said before, JM has jumped in and is doing a marvelous job. As always, I can't thank you guy's and gal enough. This new chapter of DSO, the grass is still green and the wine is still plenty sweet on this side of the hill.

• Forum MVP

If I had any qualms about this current iteration of DSO (which I most emphatically did not), these four shows resolved them in the best way possible. This band is on fire. The energy level is off the hook, and the joy radiating from the stage speaks volumes.

If I had any qualms about this current iteration of DSO (which I most emphatically did not), these four shows resolved them in the best way possible. This band is on fire. The energy level is off the hook, and the joy radiating from the stage speaks volumes.

As always, Mr. Vegas has cut through the B.S. in a most efficient manner. My wish is for us to just enjoy the music and stop trying to act like reviewers from Rolling Stone. JUST HAVE FUN GUYS !!!!!!!!! O.K., I'm Finished.

Peace, Bob :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

Agreed.........all systems are a go! Once again the Universe provides........it's so ALL GOOD!!

Can't wait for my next DSO fix........on that bus in a big way. :cheers:

• Forum MVP

Let there be songs...........to fill the air......... :dsorocks:

DSO is awesome, Furthur is awesome, my buddy's bluegrass band that I watched practice in his garage tonight is awesome.

One of the beauty's of this forum is that it is filled with people who love live music (and have a particular inclination for GD). There are no sides to gather upon, it's about loving music and the people who do it good!

Thanks DSO! and thanks everybody else from big venues to the neighborhood garage who have passion for the music they play and are able to impart that passion to the listener.

Archived