Furthur

Guest deadheadmike

Guest deadheadmike

January 03,04,05 2010 7:30 PM

Doors: 6:30 PM

142 Throckmorton Theatre , spacer.gifMill Valley , spacer.gifCA

Furthur

Only ONE (1) ticket limit per person! Any orders that exceed this limit may be cancelled without notice. No name changes permitted! You must show photo ID matching your order at the door!

Ticket Price:

$25.00

There is an $8.00 per ticket service charge. The ticketing fee is higher for these sessions due to the extra security and ticketing personnel needed to keep the area secure.

January 03,04,05 2010 7:30 PM

Doors: 6:30 PM

142 Throckmorton Theatre , spacer.gifMill Valley , spacer.gifCA

Furthur

Only ONE (1) ticket limit per person! Any orders that exceed this limit may be cancelled without notice. No name changes permitted! You must show photo ID matching your order at the door!

Ticket Price:

$25.00

There is an $8.00 per ticket service charge. The ticketing fee is higher for these sessions due to the extra security and ticketing personnel needed to keep the area secure.

Thanks Mike for the post. Was able to score all three nights and this venue is small. Not sure where you found this but thank you for posting and hope you are well. Merry Christmas.

Randy

Guest deadheadmike
Thanks Mike for the post. Was able to score all three nights and this venue is small. Not sure where you found this but thank you for posting and hope you are well. Merry Christmas.

Randy

Hey Randy , glad you got tix for this one ... I'm sure Dave Stone would want to know about this also , give him a call ... Merry Christmas and enjoy next weeks shows ... I'm thinkin its going to be a real good time in the bay area ... :)

Was going to post this but Mike I see you are way ahead of me!!

Just snagged a ticket for Monday - looks like the other two were already sold out.

You must have just gotten in at the end of the sale. I tried to buy a ticket about the same time you posted here and they're all gone! I was going to check out the DSO forum around 10, but got distracted. Big mistake!! :(

Guest deadheadmike
You must have just gotten in at the end of the sale. I tried to buy a ticket about the same time you posted here and they're all gone! I was going to check out the DSO forum around 10, but got distracted. Big mistake!! :(

Music Today Tickets Looks like Monday is still available ...

Music Today Tickets Looks like Monday is still available ...

No. When I tried to buy, it was still showing Monday and Tuesday available. However, when you tried to enter the order, it said the number of tickets chosen were not available. Since the only choice was 1 ticket, it's safe to say they were all gone. Oh well. Thanks for alerting us about the sale. Should be very cool to see the band in this small venue. Maybe they will have some more shows later in the year.

Guest deadheadmike
I'd really like to see these guys do a three night run at the Fillmore.

Although I'm not totally on the bus with Furthur , yet ... a 3 day run ( Fri , Sat & Sun ) of afternoon shows at the Ventura County Fair Grounds around late June or early July would get me pretty damn excited ... add in some outdoor venue stops south or north of Ventura during the following week and that would be a go for me also ... just a little vacation tour , thats all ;)

• Forum MVP

Yep - I called a couple folks the second my order went through and they were denied just a couple minutes later. Tuesday still showed available as well, but like you saw when you got into the process it said there weren't tickets.

• Forum MVP
I'm pretty stoked about their liberal ticket policy.

I assume you are referring to the low face value. I'm pretty surprised they aren't asking significantly more, as this was reputed to be a benefit for the cashed strapped Throckmorton Theater. And they could obviously raise the $25 gate several times over.

I live five minutes from this venue and couldnt get a ticket to any of the three shows sold out fast. Under this system of one ticket per show is unfair! For these rehearsal shows I think the fair way is for one ticket to one of the three shows. Under the current system the same crowd will be in for each show. It's not fair that people that got through will get tics for each night when I would love to go to just one. It would just allow more people to see these intimate shows. Just my 2 cents.

• Forum MVP
Hey Randy , glad you got tix for this one ... I'm sure Dave Stone would want to know about this also , give him a call ... Merry Christmas and enjoy next weeks shows ... I'm thinkin its going to be a real good time in the bay area ... :)

Thanks for thinking of me Mike! Randy tried calling my cell but it was a X-mas morning and we slept in.

My bad. Would have loved to go to one of them--I have a feeling that people are going to be going to that page every day now, just in case.

I live five minutes from this venue and couldnt get a ticket to any of the three shows sold out fast. Under this system of one ticket per show is unfair! For these rehearsal shows I think the fair way is for one ticket to one of the three shows. Under the current system the same crowd will be in for each show. It's not fair that people that got through will get tics for each night when I would love to go to just one. It would just allow more people to see these intimate shows. Just my 2 cents.

Seems reasonable to me. I really only wanted to go to one show. I'll be at both shows at the Civic, and one more show in Mill Valley would have suited me fine. Since they are limiting the purchase to only one ticket/night, extending that idea to one ticket period so more could see this would make sense. Sorry you didn't get a ticket, being so close to the venue. Unfortunately, even if someone wanted to let you have their ticket, you apparantly couldn't use it. I understand that they are doing this to avoid scalping and selling only to true fans of the music. However, I suspect there will be a number of tickets that simply do not get used under this system.

• Forum MVP

I think the system is fine. Its prevents scalping and rewards fans that check the website on a regular (hourly basis). I could have gotten all 3. Unfortunately, I live on the east coast and will not be attending any of them. Lets remember these are warm up shows. The real tours will be coming and the venues will be plenty big enough (i think).

• Forum MVP
Lets remember these are warm up shows.

While that is technically true, and it may be made overtly evident by a single sets shows or what not, these are the sort of musicians that could blow the roof off here at any or all nights and over shadow anything on the "real" tour. Of course, that vibe has been in the air since the beginning of Grateful Dead time and is part of why folks can't stop coming back for more!

I think the system is fine. Its prevents scalping and rewards fans that check the website on a regular (hourly basis). I could have gotten all 3. Unfortunately, I live on the east coast and will not be attending any of them. Lets remember these are warm up shows. The real tours will be coming and the venues will be plenty big enough (i think).

If you could only get one ticket of the three I don't think scalping would be a problem because you have to have credit card and photo id to get tickets. It just would let more fans see them in these small venues. Big venues aren't as good in my opinion. I had a much better time at the Kaiser, frost, greek shows than say Oakland coliseum. I work outdoors on a golf course and cant always get to my office every hour. Just seems a lot more fair. I guess I will have to check more often?

• Forum MVP
I think the system is fine. Its prevents scalping and rewards fans that check the website on a regular (hourly basis). I could have gotten all 3. Unfortunately, I live on the east coast and will not be attending any of them.

If you had been on the West Coast (which you must know by now is the best coast), you probably would not have been on the computer when they went on sale Rick--unless you are an early riser on a holday off from work.

Just a guess.

In hindsight though, it seems silly not to have checked on this X-mas Friday morning...if there ever was a perfect time for them to do this, this was it. I'm sure they saw it as giving some special presents to a lucky few.

I'm not too bummed about it but I do think it's a good system--much better than the Fairfax situation.

• Forum MVP
If you had been on the West Coast (which you must know by now is the best coast), you probably would not have been on the computer when they went on sale Rick--unless you are an early riser on a holday off from work.

Just a guess.

In hindsight though, it seems silly not to have checked on this X-mas Friday morning...if there ever was a perfect time for them to do this, this was it. I'm sure they saw it as giving some special presents to a lucky few.

I'm not too bummed about it but I do think it's a good system--much better than the Fairfax situation.

David there is a lot of truth to what you are saying, but thanks to Mike, I was up in time in AZ only one hr different from you to order all the tickets. And yes the West Coast does rock the East Coast. I think it is incredibly unfair that the all the warm up shows were magic could happen are taking place on the West Coast. Yes, there could be magic at these one set shows. Hope whoever goes has a great time.

Archived