This Is Something That Moved Me

HaveYouEverSmoked

• Forum MVP

This is amazing... so much emotion from Vince. Not to bring the conversation this way but it always saddened me to see people who harassed him on his own website only able to compare him to things that happened in the past. Those are false deadheads in my opinion.

• Forum MVP
This is amazing... so much emotion from Vince. Not to bring the conversation this way but it always saddened me to see people who harassed him on his own website only able to compare him to things that happened in the past. Those are false deadheads in my opinion.

People criticized him on his own web site?

Wow...didn't know that.

Definitely, one of the ugly sides of the Internet.

• Forum MVP

I always liked Vince. I had the chance to sit and chat with him for about a half hour before a Missing Man Formation show he even played an amazing "You can't always get what you want" Stones cover for me that night. He was a very sweet and down to earth guy. I for one will always miss him.

RIP my brother

• Forum MVP
Look who that bass player is. It's our own Mike "Shecky" Hazdra!!! Great to see him having fun on this.

Yup! Thanks to Mike's advisory I got to see this same lineup in Chi-Town like the same week. It was cool! Golden Days was quite moving live.

Guest jazz-man

There used to be a clip of Vince playing "China Doll" on his website that was simply haunting and wonderful. Just piano. My complaints with Vince were that the sound guy put his instrument way too loud and up front in the mix. And sometimes on the higher notes his voice rubbed me the wrong way. On that Golden Days video his voice is cool, in a lower register. Vince played some nice stuff w/ the GD, especially when coupled with Hornsby.

Archived