2/9/2010

gr8fulauditors

sakada, I agree... that second set was mellow and awesome... it was played so well. People need to be able to embrace any vibe and not expect a nonstop intense "barn burner" type of thing...

and I love Magnolia Mountain, that song is just amazing. I could imagine Jerry singing it..

OK...Ryan Adams...saw him first with Phil and was not impressed...but keep in mind he was pretty much a mess with alcohol and drugs...Then maybe 3 years ago I listened to Ryan and the Cardinals and was blown away. He is an amazing songwriter and the shows I've seen over the last several years in his sobriety have been outstanding...I love the guy! He always let his shows be recorded so there are amazing soundboards and matrix recording all over archive...here are a couple of my faves:

electric(red cave)

http://www.archive.org/details/ra2007-07-21

acoustic(blue cave)

http://www.archive.org/details/ryanadams2007-07-11.sbd.flac

Also if there was a studio album I would suggest starting with Cold Roses...

Enjoy!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
your obnoxious way

well sorry for that.

i just hope that someday when jk starts singing days between that the bobby versions aren't just "left on shelves collecting dust not knowing what they mean".

• Forum MVP

always grateful for applause but never meant to mislead

just assumed that alias was well-known to regulars here

Not well known to me--and I assume most of the people here--not all, but most--that's the point of an alias...no?

But I kind of thought it was you--I know you are on Bob's payroll to fearlessly and doggedly search out and destroy anything coming close to slanderous to him, so I thought that you may very well have been Youarehere...

I laid out a little trap to get you to come clean and guess what....it worked!

You really should get Mr. Weir and Mr. Lesh and any other musician that anyone might criticize to put you on their payroll Dave.

:)

On a serious note--I actually know this stuff does really bother you and I wish I could make you understand that many of the people criticizing or talking shit about these guys love them as much (or maybe even more) than you do.

I really hope you can get that and take these things with a grain of salt--and this is to any others that may feel similarly because I know you are not the only one by a long shot.

• Forum MVP
I laid out a little trap to get you to come clean and guess what? It worked!

just different computers and different cookies, so, it bein monday the change in alii was inevitable

i don't profess to love anyone more or less, and what I do profess I have said and need not repeat

yer always welcome at camp you are here to discuss furthur further over a campfire and the usual accoutrements.

• Forum MVP
mmm...seems a little suspicious

suspicious? why? could you not tell by the writing? of course you could tell.

seriously bro if I meant to mislead I would use something other than the big yellow banner that flies over my campsite.

• Forum MVP

suspicious? why? could you not tell by the writing? of course you could tell.

seriously bro if I meant to mislead I would use something other than the big yellow banner that flies over my campsite.

Say again?

You jump all over me and you do it with another name and you expect me to know it's you?

How is is possible that a reasonably minded person would expect I know what your alias is?

I only met you once at the Fox and can barely put together anddave with the person I met and the person obsessed with hearing Louie Louie... but you assume that I know your different aliases on here too?

I'm a little confused buddy (insert confused smiley face here>___.)

I guess this thread has gone WAY beyond what is normal...so maybe we should just forget it and move on...but I have to tell you...this is a head scratcher for me (insert that here>______.)

• Forum MVP

your use of quotation marks suggests you clued in plenty early, so no need to act injured or confused. as you said we all are adults here.

and as i said you are always welcome at camp yah to discuss furthur further.

• Forum MVP

your use of quotation marks suggests you clued in plenty early, so no need to act injured or confused. as you said we all are adults here.

and as i said you are always welcome at camp yah to discuss furthur further.

Not sure what camp yah is but the "trap" I laid out was because I felt there was a chance that Youarehere was an alias for someone. You were one of the people I considered because of how angy you seem to get when you see negative comments regarding Phil or Bob singing Garcia/Hunter songs.

I had no idea it was someone here using an alias until pretty recently and it was just a hypothesis-- and then made that post that included the "trap."

I'm not injured, but I am a little mystified as to what you are all about.

It will be nice when this ridiculous thread comes to an end though--we can probably both agree on that.

I don't express that opinion repeatedly--in fact, I hardly ever talk about the whole 'who sings what' thing--it's pretty irrelevent now in my mind and it's a dead horse subject if there ever was one. I may have been one of the first to talk about this subject about 8 months ago and I was very clear about how absurd it was for a silly head like myself to complain about one of my musical heroes (Bob or Phil) and the songs they chose to sing.

Two days ago, I made a joking comment to Vincent about it and then had a friendly and civil disagreement with Fritz--where I took something he said the wrong way.

Then you jumped all over me in your obnoxious way. This message board is different than most, if not all, because people don't usually jump over people, especially ones they don't know. If someone disagrees with someone, they (most often) do it in a cool manner. There are other message boards where people jump over others they don't know in obnoxious ways at the drop of a hat.

Here are two of them in case you want to visit and do that there and save this place for being a little more laid back, relaxed and friendly.

http://philzone.org/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi

http://ratdog.org/community/viewforum.php?f=1

Holy shit bro, like you said we had a civil disagreement......never meant for this shit storm to break loose!!! I owe ya a beer!!!

Archived