Got my mojo workin

Dark Star (v1, v2) >

Other One >

Let It Grow >

Not Fade

Donor Rap

Heavens Door

I think this is it. got some reports with discrepencies

I loved the show! Until now I didn't even think about how much Bob sang in the second set because to me, the 2nd set was one enormous jam.

Anytime I wanted to look at John and tune into his playing I did - and loved it. I felt special and closer to John than what I imagined in other people because of my tenure with DSO. Good venue, good crowd, fun Shakedown lot scene. Wished I had brought my ice skates because there was public skating 50 yards across the walkway in the practice arena (whoda' thunk?).

Hysterical how John sang Browned-Eye but Phil only sang the one line "and the old man never was the same again." John absolutely nailed speedway! But we've come to know what he is capable of. I am really, REALLY happy for Furthur!

~ 100 days (give or take) until Hampton Beach.

• Forum MVP

This show was very cosmic... they were in that state. First time hearing King Soloman's Marbles. It was pretty wild to watch it all unfold right in front of you. The Dark Star was very serious... they were doing some deep exploration and the second verse tempo was a lot faster than the first it was really, really cool.

Since this was on a college campus the vibe was a bit weird at times. A lot of students who seemed to be there for the parking lot just as much as the show. I walked through quickly and it was a bit disappointing... bad environment. What is up with those balloons? that has to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen. I have to learn to not let these things bother me but these people on the inside who heavily populated on the floor made it harder for me to have the experience I did in New Hampshire.

redeyebert, haha... I will be on it tonight!..

I loved the first set.......I.thought Bobby pretty much hogged the second set...

Bobby sang a lot of tunes (I could have used more JK overall) but Phil was ON and he was directing traffic through most of it.

I loved the show! Until now I didn't even think about how much Bob sang in the second set because to me, the 2nd set was one enormous jam.

Anytime I wanted to look at John and tune into his playing I did - and loved it. I felt special and closer to John than what I imagined in other people because of my tenure with DSO. Good venue, good crowd, fun Shakedown lot scene. Wished I had brought my ice skates because there was public skating 50 yards across the walkway in the practice arena (whoda' thunk?).

Hysterical how John sang Browned-Eye but Phil only sang the one line "and the old man never was the same again." John absolutely nailed speedway! But we've come to know what he is capable of. I am really, REALLY happy for Furthur!

~ 100 days (give or take) until Hampton Beach.

That was funny with the practice arena.. the occasional hockey mom had to come through the lot with a couple of kids in tow with hockey gear. :lol: I felt bad for them.

Phil also sang the lines "and it looks like the old man's getting on" at the end of the verses. I loved it. I didn't think of it until now but he may very well have been the oldest person in the entire arena.

This show was very cosmic... they were in that state. First time hearing King Soloman's Marbles. It was pretty wild to watch it all unfold right in front of you. The Dark Star was very serious... they were doing some deep exploration and the second verse tempo was a lot faster than the first it was really, really cool.

Since this was on a college campus the vibe was a bit weird at times. A lot of students who seemed to be there for the parking lot just as much as the show. I walked through quickly and it was a bit disappointing... bad environment. What is up with those balloons? that has to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen. I have to learn to not let these things bother me but these people on the inside who heavily populated on the floor made it harder for me to have the experience I did in New Hampshire.

redeyebert, haha... I will be on it tonight!..

King Solomon had a few decent screwups in it... they were out of synch a few times, with Phil a phrase off of everybody else, and Chimenti and I think Bobby jumped their cues once or twice. Overall the song was pretty good and I really enjoyed it.... very ambitious, especially since the Dead basically gave it up as soon as they wrote it in 1975. Dark Star was fun but a little too Phil-&-Friends for my tastes, it went a lot of places but the shifts never felt smooth or natural. I loved the Ratdog ending to Casey Jones, I thought that really worked well.

John and Phil really play well together. They got into some really interesting conversations, even more so in NH the night before although I liked last night's show much better overall. I'm really glad I got to see that lineup, it's great stuff overall. :icon14:

Archived