Phil Interview From Delaware

neutrino

Hasn't it long been assumed (understood?) that Phil's attitude toward DSO has been something along the lines of "why would anybody do that" with regard to DSO's "we recreate Dead shows" approach? At least that's been my take on it; he just can't philosophically wrap his head around the premise. So a subtle swipe should not be surprising. My guess is that if he said what he really feels...now that would be a bit shocking.

This is my understanding as well. Phil only looks forward, almost as if he sees no value in the past.

Personally I think the Dead made their best music in the 70s, so why not look back to that era, see what was good about it, and bring it forward?

Guest deadheadmike

yes. even more interesting is that each perspective is as true as the next. it is up to you to choose which one you are most comfortable with.

me, i'd much rather concentrate on that part of life that brings me joy. someone's unhappy, lord. kumbaya. i understand but don't need to go down that road. kumbaya.

icon12.gif

Your right , Sister !!! it is time to accept , move on , hope and pray for the best for everyone !!! :)

Whats all the talk of Phil taking a shot at DSO? This segment of the interview seems to sound like they wanted to do what DSO was doing doesn't it??

Hasn't it long been assumed (understood?) that Phil's attitude toward DSO has been something along the lines of "why would anybody do that" ...?

well, i guess that question has been answered. dso kept the faith and helped the old man find his way home. it's understandable that he would resent that. please forgive him. he's still got a lot of love to give and the world needs it. at least i need it.

icon12.gif

well, i guess that question has been answered. dso kept the faith and helped the old man find his way home. it's understandable that he would resent that. please forgive him. he's still got a lot of love to give and the world needs it. at least i need it.

icon12.gif

So many roads I tell you

New York to San Francisco

All I want is one

to take me home

From the high road to the low

So many roads I know

So many roads - So many roads

May we all find one that our feet fall gently and joyfully upon....

• Forum MVP

Now we know why Phil had to play the Chain in Philly.

For lots of heads, that was a pretty big deal.

I've never seen so many people in tears after a song--I remember even seeing a friend of mine who doesn't cry too easily cover her face and turn away from us (as the lights came on).

It was some serious stuff.

Thanks Grahme.

• Forum MVP

I have no idea if Phil meant that comment as a "dig" but it I think it's fair to say it came off as one.

The only thing that is lame about it is whether Phil has heard DSO play. If he hasn't ever seen shows or listened to shows, then his hypothesis is based on no knowledge whatsoever, and is therefore just an uninformed opinion.

I think he did use the word "might" twice though...so maybe that gets him a pass.

• 3 months later...

Archived