Portland, Or 4-16-10

jawdoc

Dave Stone and I were at this original show together and it changed both of our lives...

I think that this 2nd set could not be hotter on paper....so tight, compact, and ripping - this list always blows me away

• Forum MVP

That 2nd set was put on the FBI's Most Wanted List of 1988 ...

Deamed illegal in The United States... according to a FBI spokesman "It was just to hot and smoking for our liking... people are going to enjoy themselves to much if we allow for these things to continue to take place"

:blink::wacko:

piece of cake , ARCH !!! got to hear some "Little Red Rooster" over the cell phone too ... :)

:dsorocks:

Matbe you could give the members here a tutorial on how it works? Oh I forgot.....their dancing and chatting with the "family" at set break. No time for the wicked. Wait....its no rest for the wicked. Sorry

• Forum MVP

Matbe you could give the members here a tutorial on how it works? Oh I forgot.....their dancing and chatting with the "family" at set break. No time for the wicked. Wait....its no rest for the wicked. Sorry

;) ... :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

No rest for the wicked or the weary.

Review: traffic moving nicely on I-5 North from Portland to Seattle. Typically overcast skies with a nip to the air.

On a serious note, the dedication to TR was heartfelt on this side too and the choice was so good to hear. It was also Levon Helm's 70th birthday.

Well we started off at the Rouge Brewery with a crew of about 10. Several had never seen DSO before. We walked to the venue and the show started a little after 8:.

After a false start where Rob E had to recheck the set list they went into a nice version of Half Step. I'll just mention the high points for me. When they got to Franklins the band was on fire. The place started to hop. It was crowded but not too bad. Stu was right on with the solos. One of the things I noticed was there was a good interaction between the band members. Especially Stu and Rob K..I'm a guitar guy not a drummer but Dino and Rob were just hitting everything right. They closed the first set with a really good Queen Jane and Don't Ease. Second set was just . When they got to Uncle Johns the place was just bouncing. Seriously bouncing up and down with the whole place just shaking. The encore with Touch and The Weight were really good Kevins vocals on the last song were very touching. All and all a grate show. A Few side notes. Stu's vocals were better than John's. His guitar playing was excellent and he was playing a red SG. If you want to see a rhythm guitarist in their prime go see DSO Rob E was at the top of his game. Go see Sarah at the merch table and buy a 12 dollar glow in the dark frisbee. This show really made me happy about the last four west coast shows I'm catching in a few weeks. Lastly thanks DSO for another stellar show. Also Lisa sang on The Weight. :D Wish I was in Seattle tonight.

• Forum MVP

Well we started off at the Rouge Brewery with a crew of about 10. Several had never seen DSO before. We walked to the venue and the show started a little after 8:.

After a false start where Rob E had to recheck the set list they went into a nice version of Half Step. I'll just mention the high points for me. When they got to Franklins the band was on fire. The place started to hop. It was crowded but not too bad. Stu was right on with the solos. One of the things I noticed was there was a good interaction between the band members. Especially Stu and Rob K..I'm a guitar guy not a drummer but Dino and Rob were just hitting everything right. They closed the first set with a really good Queen Jane and Don't Ease. Second set was just . When they got to Uncle Johns the place was just bouncing. Seriously bouncing up and down with the whole place just shaking. The encore with Touch and The Weight were really good Kevins vocals on the last song were very touching. All and all a grate show. A Few side notes. Stu's vocals were better than John's. His guitar playing was excellent and he was playing a red SG. If you want to see a rhythm guitarist in their prime go see DSO Rob E was at the top of his game. Go see Sarah at the merch table and buy a 12 dollar glow in the dark frisbee. This show really made me happy about the last four west coast shows I'm catching in a few weeks. Lastly thanks DSO for another stellar show. Also Lisa sang on The Weight. :D Wish I was in Seattle tonight.

Great review...I must ask, How was the dew????

• Forum MVP

Great review...I must ask, How was the dew????

seriously...anybody know??

Yes, and I can tell you it was huge. I won't wax poetic about filigreed Celtic woven transmuted patterns of interlaced flowing sonic tapestries rising from the deepest core of my striving being to the top of the sky, swooping between shimmering rainbows of pillared spendlors of synethesia. I don't do that as well as others here.

But it was like that. Ranks with the last one in Chicago, and I mean that as high praise.

once again i just have to shake my head. This band amazes me! Thanks for being in my life DSO! Each and everyone of you work damn hard to bring the best music to life!!! It doesn't go unnoticed! Nick, Sarah, and the rest of the crew that TOTALLY goes for you too!!!

It can be a strange thing, seeing a show a second time around. Flashbacks can be intense....at times my head was swimming in memories, then I would come back to the present, look around and smile at all the new memories I was creating. :) I love dancin' thanks for making it so easy!!!

~ the Dew.... well, let's just say it was AWESOME! probably the highlight of the show for me. I love that song, it was sung so beautifully and with such feeling, I felt kinda guilty seeing it without some of you special folk. :)

oh right, and Rooster. :):):)

Stu rocks, DSO is amazing! A great combo! Can't wait for SoCal!

I think were in for a great run!!!

• Forum MVP

Yes, and I can tell you it was huge. I won't wax poetic about filigreed Celtic woven transmuted patterns of interlaced flowing sonic tapestries rising from the deepest core of my striving being to the top of the sky, swooping between shimmering rainbows of pillared spendlors of synethesia. I don't do that as well as others here.

But it was like that. Ranks with the last one in Chicago, and I mean that as high praise.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Archived