Jethro Tull

Guest going going gone

Guest Ammagamalin Crew

5/19/10 Holland Tull show added to sugarmegs, great audience recording that opens with CROSS EYED MARY>Beggars Farm! Ian has always done great concets and these past few years has been playing old greats with minimal new stuff. his catalog is huge.

5/19/10 Holland Tull show added to sugarmegs, great audience recording that opens with CROSS EYED MARY>Beggars Farm! Ian has always done great concets and these past few years has been playing old greats with minimal new stuff. his catalog is huge.

Tull was the first band I fell in love with as a junior high school kid. Discovered them in a record store due to the totally bizarre cover to their first album "This Was". Thought I had to hear what this band sounded like and was amazed at how good it sounded. Turned my friends on to them and I suppose I scored some points from my peers for discovering them first before their popularity exploded with the great album "Stand Up". First saw them in concert before they became well known at the small Santa Monica Civic Auditorium. Have seen them many times over the years and they always put on a great show. I met Ian and Martin Barre at a private benefit event for wild cats (a passion of ian's) a few years ago and they were both really friendly and engaging. Great band!!

• Forum MVP

The very second someone says Tull , this song starts playing in my head and it takes a while to get it out of there . :wacko:

Aqualung

Sitting on a park bench

eyeing little girls with bad intent.

Snot running down his nose

greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes.

Drying in the cold sun

Watching as the frilly panties run.

Feeling like a dead duck

spitting out pieces of his broken luck.

Sun streaking cold

an old man wandering lonely.

Taking time

the only way he knows.

Leg hurting bad,

as he bends to pick a dog-end

he goes down to the bog

and warms his feet.

Feeling alone

the army's up the rode

salvation à la mode and

a cup of tea.

Aqualung my friend

don't start away uneasy

you poor old sod, you see, it's only me.

Do you still remember

December's foggy freeze

when the ice that

clings on to your beard is

screaming agony.

And you snatch your rattling last breaths

with deep-sea-diver sounds,

and the flowers bloom like

madness in the spring.

The very second someone says Tull , this song starts playing in my head and it takes a while to get it out of there . :wacko:

Aqualung

Sitting on a park bench

eyeing little girls with bad intent.

Snot running down his nose

greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes.

Drying in the cold sun

Watching as the frilly panties run.

Feeling like a dead duck

spitting out pieces of his broken luck.

Sun streaking cold

an old man wandering lonely.

Taking time

the only way he knows.

Leg hurting bad,

as he bends to pick a dog-end

he goes down to the bog

and warms his feet.

Feeling alone

the army's up the rode

salvation

• Forum MVP

My house is full of kitties (and whatnot) and there's so much Love in here, it's almost sickening. I could never be lonely if I tried. It's the coolest thing in the world to walk in the door and have a dozen creatures run to greet you, all just as happy as could be to see you. Pretty awesome thing to wake up to, as well. (All rescues. You give 'em a chance and they never forget it. They pay you back manyfold!!)

• Forum MVP

My house is full of kitties (and whatnot) and there's so much Love in here, it's almost sickening. I could never be lonely if I tried. It's the coolest thing in the world to walk in the door and have a dozen creatures run to greet you, all just as happy as could be to see you. Pretty awesome thing to wake up to, as well. (All rescues. You give 'em a chance and they never forget it. They pay you back manyfold!!)

There's nothing like unconditional love and it sounds like you got lots of it , Fred .... :)

• Forum MVP

It's the bestest. Unconditional Love far greater than any human is capable of.

It really is !!! I have an old Beagle that thinks sunshine flows out of my ass and I think she's wonderful just for being here ... it's very simple :wub: ... I love her and she loves me and that's all there is to it ...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ammagamalin Crew

Just added to sugarmegs 6/15/2010 a beautiful Tull show opening with Nothing Is Easy> Beggars Farm. A New Day Yesterday (with some sweet flute work) When will DSO add the Legions of Mary flute touches to their stage show?

Archived