All That Being Said...........

gr8fulauditors

With all this bullsh*t spueing like the oil in the gulf,is anyone but me going to see FurthUr?Seems like most of the fans will be traveling to see DSO but not many are talking about going to see JK .WE are allowed to like his new band,plus what a bonus,Phil Lesh dropping bombs and Bobby (weird)Weir getting stranger.This tour is looking like it will take us "Furthur than we've gone before"I can't wait.I will be in Brooklyn this weekend. Anyone else????

• Forum MVP

Just hope you weren't planning on this one.

After days of meetings to address and alleviate last minute concerns being expressed by State and Local Authorities, Furthur is very disappointed to learn that today (6.24), the local authorities, citing an inability to deal with an expected influx of ticketless fans, traffic concerns, and other issues, have revoked the approved permits for the show and have decided to cancel Furthur's concert at Vermont's Shelburne Museum on July 5. As the decision was made by the local authorities so close to the event date, regrettably we are unable to find a suitable alternate venue in Vermont. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience!

Full & complete refunds will be available soon via point of purchase.

If you bought tickets online you'll automatically be refunded.

Furthur has added a new show on July 5 to replace the recently canceled show in Vermont.

Furthur will be appearing for an intimate show at The Sherman Theater in Stroudsburg, PA.

A limited amount of tickets will be offered online via pre-sale starting June 25 @ Noon ET. Public on sale: Saturday, June 26 @ 10:00 AM ET.

We are truly sorry that we couldn't find a suitable venue in Vermont to replace the canceled Shelburne show, but at this late date, there was nothing available. The Sherman Theatre in Pennsylvania, where we will now be playing on July 5, is a terrific & very intimate venue.

Regrettably, tickets for the cancelled July 5 Shelburne will NOT be honored at the Sherman Theater show. Furthur hopes to return to Vermont at some time in the future.

Again, our sincere apologies!

Furthur Ticketing

All I know is we went to Rochester last night and these guys are deffinately getting more comfortable playing together. Phil looks great and Bobby looks better than he did even last summer. I was happy to see the back up singers because they really fill in the sound. NFA opener caught everyone off guard and was a great way to kick off the tour. I mean these guys played two solid sets and never took a break. Just good solid jamming. I cant wait for the Buffalo show. I wish we could make the Mohawk show but that is my triplett boys third birthday. If your on the fence about going, do your self a favor and go. JK looks so great up there, hes living the dream and enjoying the moment. JC on keys is an absolute monster. And Russo on drums, you dont even notice that Jay Lane is not with the band. All in all these guys were just bringing it. Some of the best music I've heard in a while.

"Go On Home, Your Mommas Callin You!'

All I know is we went to Rochester last night and these guys are deffinately getting more comfortable playing together. Phil looks great and Bobby looks better than he did even last summer. I was happy to see the back up singers because they really fill in the sound. NFA opener caught everyone off guard and was a great way to kick off the tour. I mean these guys played two solid sets and never took a break. Just good solid jamming. I cant wait for the Buffalo show. I wish we could make the Mohawk show but that is my triplett boys third birthday. If your on the fence about going, do your self a favor and go. JK looks so great up there, hes living the dream and enjoying the moment. JC on keys is an absolute monster. And Russo on drums, you dont even notice that Jay Lane is not with the band. All in all these guys were just bringing it. Some of the best music I've heard in a while.

"Go On Home, Your Mommas Callin You!'

Are you saing NO set break?>

• Forum MVP

Set 1:

China Cat Sunflower>

I Know You Rider

Black Throated Wind

Muly Guly

High Time

Loose Lucy>

Throwing Stones>

One More Saturday Night

Set 2:

Shakedown Street>

Caution> Jam>

Jack Straw>

Playin' In The Band> Jam>

Dark Star(v1)>

St Stephen>

The Eleven>

Dark Star(v2)>

Lady With A Fan>

Terrapin Station>

Terrapin Transit>

At A Siding>

Terrapin Flyer>

Terrapin Refrain

Donor Rap

encore:

Brokedown Palace> fireworks

The show was pretty incredible. I will write a review later...

I concur Vince. The first set was all right... had its moments but that second set was just unbelievable. A real spectacle to see and hear.

You going tonight?

Leaving now,if there needs to be a Gr8fulauditors (Tom) sighting I will be sell Posters on Shakedown, introduce yourself, black Furthur t-shirt,black Furthur hat!!!!

• Forum MVP

Someone last night offered me a ticket for face and I could not refuse considering how inexpensive they've become... so I will be there.

So last night, I get into the Stadium, nice and small, they were probably set up at around second base. I was sporting a nice DSO shirt that definitely caught some peoples eye. I walked right into the floor about 10 feet back from the stage and was there all night. Here are some notes on the show...

China Cat Sunflower>I Know You Rider was very powerful, the transition was amazing and Bobby's weird intro he has been doing the past year or two didn't stick out like a sore thumb as it usually does.

Beautiful interplay between John and Phil during Throwing Stones. Phil's playing is so, so, so much clearer with his new bass.. the Ritter is a great instrument but it just did not work with the big places they play.

Jack Straw was the group mind moment of the show for me... insane.

The Jam after playing was awesome and had direction...

The Terrapin was great... almost as good as the version I saw DSO do last year at the Wellmont. The Ratdog sax player has really studied this music and was a great addition to this moment of the show for there were many horns on the orginal recording of Terrapin, especially the At A Siding section. Joe Russo also sounded like a whole percussion section during the intense trading jam.

Bobby sang wonderfully on Brokedown...

Of course, the MVP to me (not to bring stupid sports terms into music) was John. A friend who plays music, and has never seen any kind Grateful Dead related show... said that he surprised him, not as someone who could channel Garcia... but as an overall musician.

Very excited for tonight...

• Forum MVP

Shakedown all the way to Terrapin Suite was the whole point of the show. I could have missed the first set, just seen the second and I would have been completely content. Honestly, I enjoyed the first set but it didn't just do it for me. Had moments and it was nice to hear Muli Guli for the first time but the first set just seemed unbalanced to me and didn't flow. China>Rider, BTW, and High Time were the highlights whereas everything else was just all right.

Vince, I'm gonna send you a PM.

• Forum MVP

Set 1:

China Cat Sunflower>

I Know You Rider

Black Throated Wind

Muly Guly

High Time

Loose Lucy>

Throwing Stones>

One More Saturday Night

Set 2:

Shakedown Street>

Caution> Jam>

Jack Straw>

Playin' In The Band> Jam>

Dark Star(v1)>

St Stephen>

The Eleven>

Dark Star(v2)>

Lady With A Fan> :wub:

Terrapin Station>

Terrapin Transit>

At A Siding>

Terrapin Flyer>

Terrapin Refrain

Donor Rap

encore:

Brokedown Palace> fireworks

The show was pretty incredible. I will write a review later...

Archived