Putting The Fans First

Muddy Waters

I have to give major props to the whole DSO organization from top to bottom, with an acknowlegment (most already know this) that they put the fans first. In Des Moines on Friday, to say they made Lemonade out of potential lemon situation is an understatement..

It was bad enough that at the last minute the venue had to be changed from the beautiful Simon Estes on the riverfront to a different locale (Peoples). because of high water....But they were to take the stage after the already scheduled Edwin McCain concert.

Given that dynamic...relatively late start, and other potential logistical issues, it was logical to assume we might be looking at a 1 set original set list (nothing against original set lists, but they had played an original last time through in 2008)......Nope ..instead the play the first 60's show in the History of Dark Star Orchestra...the fans were absolutely jacked up...Not only that..they took a set break which given the logistics did not think possible..

I dont know if this show was on the schedule prior to the venue change, but even if it was the way it was pulled off given the logistics...was the definition of a Pro Outfit..My friend from Des Moines...who knows his shit and not easily swayed...Could not say enough about the Band..

Keep on Truckin.....Muddy..

Archived