Post Gratefulfest Thoughts....

Guest Rob Eaton

Guest Rob Eaton

I first want to thank Evan his family and staff. Each year he goes out of his way to make this festival a safe, family friendly festival. He is always striving to make each year better then the next and this year is no exception. For me personally I've never seen the production run as smoothly as it did this year! I've also never seen so many family's with kids as I did this year and that is a wonderful site. The music all weekend, including the very late night stuff was amazing. I want to thank my band mates for helping Greyspoke overcome some internal (greyspoke related) band bullshit and play a fun opening set on Sat on the fly. Rob B and I were indeed proud dads to say the least. Rob K and Lisa and our crew jumped in when needed and I thank them all for the help. Terrapin Nation was interesting and we all hope to do it again before to long...... Jeff Mattson blew me away all weekend with his playing and his command. He is a true artist and we are very lucky to have him. Being able to hang with good friends for a few days while working is a unique experience for all of us and is a welcome diversion from the norm. Gus B and Prescott came through with a great place for us all to hang and relax which only added to the experience. They are great family. I'm enjoying the day off in Springfield Ohio but wanted to thank all who attended this years event. I think it is my personal favorite.

Peace

Rob Eaton

• Forum MVP

I want to thank everyone: the bands, the staff, all at nlqp, friends new and old, and my two boys who were just amazing all week. We got in Tuesday and took off this afternoon. I so mach hate leaving this amazing place and find myself getting sad thats its over till next year.

The music was a mind melter! Jeff pushes everyone in this band to new hights and I dont think I have seen Rob Eaton any more happy and full of bubblin energy on stage in my years seeing this band. So with a heavy heart and some sore feet I will mutter through and count the days till Gratefulfest 12.

Much love to all

• Forum MVP

Rob,

It was quite simply a beautiful weekend.

People = beautiful

Music = beautiful

Weather = beautiful

Facility / Staff = beautiful

Water = beautiful

It just doesn't get any better. Thanks for what the band does to headline this event!

I first want to thank Evan his family and staff. Each year he goes out of his way to make this festival a safe, family friendly festival. He is always striving to make each year better then the next and this year is no exception. For me personally I've never seen the production run as smoothly as it did this year! I've also never seen so many family's with kids as I did this year and that is a wonderful site. The music all weekend, including the very late night stuff was amazing. I want to thank my band mates for helping Greyspoke overcome some internal (greyspoke related) band bullshit and play a fun opening set on Sat on the fly. Rob B and I were indeed proud dads to say the least. Rob K and Lisa and our crew jumped in when needed and I thank them all for the help. Terrapin Nation was interesting and we all hope to do it again before to long...... Jeff Mattson blew me away all weekend with his playing and his command. He is a true artist and we are very lucky to have him. Being able to hang with good friends for a few days while working is a unique experience for all of us and is a welcome diversion from the norm. Gus B and Prescott came through with a great place for us all to hang and relax which only added to the experience. They are great family. I'm enjoying the day off in Springfield Ohio but wanted to thank all who attended this years event. I think it is my personal favorite.

Peace

Rob Eaton

Well not really sure where to begin....."the fog" hasn't lifted yet! Still trying to sift through a couple hundred emails from the week off work and need a break already! All I can say is that G'fest is NEVER disappointing. DSO is the reason we are all there and we should all be thankful that the music they give us is spot on and energetic every time! Thanks for the kind words Rob and thanks to band and crew for all you do!!!!

• Forum MVP

Thanks to everyone behind the scenes that makes Gratefulfest happen and a big thanks to the band! I had an amazing weekend. Heard great music, kicked my feet around in the sand, ate too much disco pizza, met and chatted with some great folks. Amazing weather all weekend and the water was beautiful. Can't wait til next year!!!

What a wonderful weekend. Everyone has already mentioned the weather, the facilities, the music, the food, just a perfect way to spend the 4th of July weekend.

One of the things no one has mentioned yet is how intimate the venue and festival is. One minute I'm doggy paddling around the quarry 5 feet from Rob Baracco, and the next I'm watching Keller's set next to a beer-swilling Bill Nershi.

It was also very cool to see the impromptu father-and-son band that filled in for Greyspoke. Eaton's son absolutely ripped it up!

But the highlight of the weekend for me? The guitar playing of Mr Jeff Mattson. Its a good time to be a DSO fan.

:cheers:

Gratefulfest :icon14::icon14: . A little piece of heaven on earth. After sweating my ass off in Va. for the past couple of weeks, the weather at the Ledges was freakin' perfect. The bands and all the music were fanf*ckingtastic. And last but certainly not least, all of the people were very kind, sharing, and very friendly as well. Just went by too damn fast. :cheers:

What a great weekend !! Some familiar faces were sorely missed, but new friends popped up everywhere. One of my personal highlights was the opening set on sat. w/Greyspoke and DSO

combining on one hell of a jam. Eaton Jr. has really raised his level of playing. One suggestion for a name for this new band was" Prestroke". Another was" Greyerspoke". Whatever they call it,

it was hot. Love the Ledges, but did anyone else feel that the staff is a bit aggressive ? I think some of them need to be reminded who is paying the bills. It is us ,the fans who come and spend our money. Maybe it's just me.

Peace To All, Bob

Archived