Dso 7/7 Springfield, Oh - Veteran's Park

Tea

From kdubfan's post:

For some reason this is ALWAYS the best show of the summer! Here is the set list:

July 7

09/18/83

Nevada County Fairgrounds - Grass Valley, CA

Set 1:

Jack Straw

They Love Each Other

New Minglewood Blues

Friend Of The Devil

Hell In A Bucket

Ramble On Rose

Let It Grow

Set 2:

Touch Of Grey

Samson And Delilah

Terrapin Station

Drums

The Other One

Wharf Rat

Around And Around

Sugar Magnolia

Encore:

Baby Blue

filler: help>slip>frank

Guest Ammagamalin Crew

I know the original Ripped!! Sure this one did too!!

I got way too drunk again, passed out during Let it Grow and came to during The other One. They got to have better crowd control, that's the second year I got way too drunk.... and there was this sweet girl that I was getting close with. if only the beers had run out sooner.

• Forum MVP

my #1 rule at shows: no more than 1 or 2 beers...

if you manage to stay awake, its basically impossible to spiritually connect with the music if your drunk..

(thats why i stick with my usual heady-organic-speedball!) ;)

but after the show.... LETS GET DRUNK!! lol

Guest Ammagamalin Crew

I <3 83 shows!!

9/7/83 Red Rocks was my first show and of course my second show was 9/8/83. Didn't find the flyer for Santa Fe until two weeks later in the car otherwise they would have been #3 and #4 . # 3 didn't happen until 4/6/84 Las Vegas and # 4 was The Carrier Dome in Syracuse on Saturday 10/20/84. Then in 1985 the walls caved in and GD mail order became a way of life! Only got to about 200 shows by Deercreek 1995. That isn't much compared to most people who I knew had seen 500-600 shows, That lot in Springfield is a colorful reminder of how great people are in the lots outside of shows. Next year, only 2 beers, thanks for the advice. Easy to read on the forum, hard to enact the day of the show! Buck Creek state park ended up being sweet, with a nice lake to swim in and plenty of privacy. I<3 83 shows and all that goes with 83! Especially with a helpslip fill.

• 3 weeks later...

Living in Dayton means my wife and I have to drive anywhere else to see DSO or Furthur. This month the shows are coming to us, with this one only just over in Springfield, Furthur in Columbus, and then DSO again in Newark. This particular concert was our first for outdoor DSO shows, and definitely is the best place to see them. Free admission - what a bonus that was. The facilities were closeby and clean. The vendors sold ice-cold beer in big cans. Wide open dance area and grass everywhere else. Very nice opener with Jack Straw, and we knew every song after that. What a night. I've been stuck lately in a repeating theme of Let it Grow, Terrapin, and Wharf Rat constantly running through my mind, so this must've moved into my top couple of favorite DSO shows, if not the first. Not too much of a Baby Blue fan for an encore, but Help and Slipknot into Franklin's Tower is the best way to end that we'd hoped for.

Archived