Full Terrapin Suite Suggestions

Guest bengalsfanatic85

Guest bengalsfanatic85

Anybody got any good Full Terrapin suites out there to suggest?? I'm looking for some of the all time bests. I just recently fell in love with this song and have been craving more. Dark Star version suggestions welcome too!

• Forum MVP

If you mean the Dead (rather than DSO), they never played the entire suite. (Don't know if DSO has....) Closest they came was 3/18/77 - which is a nice version in any event.

Guest bengalsfanatic85

If you mean the Dead (rather than DSO), they never played the entire suite. (Don't know if DSO has....) Closest they came was 3/18/77 - which is a nice version in any event.

Interesting...No wonder I couldn't find anything :unsure: I've got that Winterland 77 version though. Unbelievable!

i saw the Mtn. Aire 1st one & one of the rehearsals in San Rafael & it was AmAziNg BOTH times !!! have listened to the others that have been played since...very very WOW !!! they even did a blues for allah > finish terrapin this summer...i definitely dig it all in sequence...i have noticed that Bob & JK have been experimenting on who sings what parts in the extended version {again real kewl}...

Guest bengalsfanatic85

DSO hasn't yet. But Jeff Mattson and I did it in The Zen Tricksters. I believe there are clips on utube. Big fun.

Does that mean it's going down at Terrapin Hill???? :cheers:

i saw the Mtn. Aire 1st one & one of the rehearsals in San Rafael & it was AmAziNg BOTH times !!! have listened to the others that have been played since...very very WOW !!! they even did a blues for allah > finish terrapin this summer...i definitely dig it all in sequence...i have noticed that Bob & JK have been experimenting on who sings what parts in the extended version {again real kewl}...

I was at the San Rafael rehearsal and that Terrapin version was great. However, I'm not sure if it was really the complete suite, or just a more extended version of the usual Lady With a Fan that also included At a Siding. The full suite from the original album is:

"Terrapin Station Part One"

Archived