I Want To Hear More Dso

BrentFan

So I was shopping on livedownloads.com the other night and realized how few DSO shows are available for purchase.

I thought to myself, "I want more DSO!" So many of the other bands i listen too are starting to post their entire tour from start to finish on this website and I would love to be able to shop from an entire DSO tour! As a fan that doesn't currently have a flexible work schedule, having these good recordings available for purchase helps me catch up on the shows I couldn't physically make it to and helps the bands with a lil extra money.....important thing in this current recession...

Now I would imagine that this would be a relatively inexpensive source of revenue that generates with minimal maintenance, but I really don't know for certain. Can anyone shed some light on why more recordings aren't released?

:dsorocks:

Curious fan

• Forum MVP

Since posting this I have become aware that a new batch of shows were just posted, but......who doesn't want more?

Too much of everything is just enough! Right?

Couldn't agree more. I think the reason more shows don't get released is because of the precission with which they are mixed. I personally would buy every single elective show released if givin the option. Like ac hilton!

• Forum MVP

Duuuude...

Set One: Here Comes Sunshine > Walk In The Sunshine ; New Speedway Boogie ; Hard To Handle ; Big Iron > Cumberland Blues ; Lazy River Road ; Passenger ; The Harder They Come

Set Two: Around And Around > Sitting On Top Of the World > Why Don't We Do It In The Road > In The Midnight Hour ; Crazy fingers > Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks) > Drums > Space > The Other One (1st verse) > Standing On The Moon > The Other One (2nd verse) > Tangled Up In Blue

Encore: Run Mary* ; One More Saturday Night

That entire first set was packed with complete goodness. And the end of that second set... WHEW! A pair of JGB tunes to close each set. Completely smoking in the playing by the band. The setlist was very creative. Great mix of songs in the way they were paired and how they flowed. Crazy Fingers>Caution! Who thinks of that?! Oh well, it was probably my favorite show of the summer...

Like ac hilton!

I agree the AC Hilton show was impressive..........Smokin' song selection & the delivery was even more impressive ! :dsorocks:

On a sad note.....The Hilton is heading for bankruptcy & it's questionable if we'll all be dancin' there next summer !

I liked the Hilton alot better than that other joint DSO hit in AC a few years ago !

Peace,

Rob

While I can't speak for the band, the reasons there aren't more shows posted to livedownloads probably boils down to a few factors. As an organization, DSO is pretty small and probably lacks the resources of say, Furthur or SCI. SCI has more shows on nugs than any other band and they have an archivist who takes care of making recordings available. I assume Furthur has a similar position. By contrast, all DSO recordings are mastered by Rob Eaton, who coincidentally, is spending most of his time actually playing the music. Since DSO plays way more shows than these bands, that leaves Rob with precious little time to master the recordings. We all need balance in our lives and we would all agree that when the band is not touring, Rob should do things that provide that balance. The details of his life are not my business, but I would suspect he has many other demands on his time. Add to this, Rob is a master when it comes to mixing sound. Most would agree that his recordings sound significantly better than most of what is offered on nugs. Producing a quality recording takes time. As a result, we have fewer recordings, but they sound way better. Finally, and I don't know the economics of this, I would suspect that there isn't much money in it. Sure, we are a vocal and supportive bunch, but our numbers are small. I would guess that Rob does this as a service to our small but loyal following. So when Rob posts 14 new shows after a 9 month layoff, it is a bit disheartening to see the first reply focus on what was NOT offered. How 'bout "thanks!" Would I love to see all DSO shows offered? Absolutely. Would I love to see the ac hilton show posted? Sure. But for now, I'm just grateful for what we have. I own almost all of the DSO nugs recordings and it is no small number...plenty of great listening. Keep up the great work Rob, we appreciate it.

Peace,

Rowe in VT

• Forum MVP

I can only speak for myself, but I am very grateful and thankful for the recordings that Rob has made available to us. I can appreciate the fact that he works very hard to keep us satisfied with his constant touring and mixing some of the shows for release (which sound fucking amazing) and in turn probably doesn't give him a lot of time for personal endeavors. So definitely BIG THANKS to Rob E. Having said that, I think some of us are over-zealous when a recording is released. We just want to hear more DSO especially our favorite shows from the most recent tours because they're soooo good :rolleyes:

And Greg, that Big Iron>Cumberland was such a nice treat. Ahhhhhhh...

:dsorocks: plain and simple...

While I can't speak for the band, the reasons there aren't more shows posted to livedownloads probably boils down to a few factors. As an organization, DSO is pretty small and probably lacks the resources of say, Furthur or SCI. SCI has more shows on nugs than any other band and they have an archivist who takes care of making recordings available. I assume Furthur has a similar position. By contrast, all DSO recordings are mastered by Rob Eaton, who coincidentally, is spending most of his time actually playing the music. Since DSO plays way more shows than these bands, that leaves Rob with precious little time to master the recordings. We all need balance in our lives and we would all agree that when the band is not touring, Rob should do things that provide that balance. The details of his life are not my business, but I would suspect he has many other demands on his time. Add to this, Rob is a master when it comes to mixing sound. Most would agree that his recordings sound significantly better than most of what is offered on nugs. Producing a quality recording takes time. As a result, we have fewer recordings, but they sound way better. Finally, and I don't know the economics of this, I would suspect that there isn't much money in it. Sure, we are a vocal and supportive bunch, but our numbers are small. I would guess that Rob does this as a service to our small but loyal following. So when Rob posts 14 new shows after a 9 month layoff, it is a bit disheartening to see the first reply focus on what was NOT offered. How 'bout "thanks!" Would I love to see all DSO shows offered? Absolutely. Would I love to see the ac hilton show posted? Sure. But for now, I'm just grateful for what we have. I own almost all of the DSO nugs recordings and it is no small number...plenty of great listening. Keep up the great work Rob, we appreciate it.

Peace,

Rowe in VT

I think the message has been misunderstood.

First off, there are certainly NO complaints! :dsorocks: Since the release of these 14 shows, I've already bought 6 new recordings and as I was listening have already thought, "Wow, Rob Eaton really is good as what he does!" and have NO complaints over the shows that were released. Rob's "remasters" are incredible! The time he devotes is much appreciated and definitely a commitment on his part that we should recognize and thank him for. So Rob, Thank you, your recordings are AWESOME! :dsorocks:

As a second note, my particular question is more along the lines of....why not have someone else, like the sound techs that the band already employs (pays and obviously trusts), prepare the recordings for release so that we the fans have access to more shows or even an entire tour? I feel like more purchases would be made if the options were available to buy the "show you were at" or "show you just couldn't make". I would still LOVE to get my hands on an Eaton "remaster" anytime available, but I ask "is the current situation the most profitable for the band, and the best way to support those that fallow the band?" If it is, GREAT!!!!!!! But I personally am just curious, it seems like a number of bands are using this particular website to showcase entire tours. I would love to have the option to access an entire DSO tour, is this out of the question?

Hey all, I apologize if my comments came off as a bit harsh. I was actually refering to Lost Sailors first reply to Robs "14 new downloads thread" asking about another show. I now see he added a note of thanks as well. After all that went down on this board over the last year and Rob's mini hiatus from it, I guess I was feeling a bit sensitive. I know you guys have your hearts in the right place and I appreciate your comments.

BrentFan, your question is a good one. I would love to hear the band comment on this as well.

I, too, would love to hear more DSO on livedownloads, but I don't know if there are enough of us to make it worth their while.

Peace

Rowe in VT

So the beginning of this tour leaves me wanting to hear MORE DSO!!!! Wish each night would be released on livedownloads.com like several other bands. I hope this isn't misunderstood, EVERYONE appreciates the work this band does! But after seeing the set lists of this past weekend, I am left wishing that there were SBD recordings that I could get my hands on...........

Just a curious fan here, who just wants more DSO, because...... :dsorocks:

Archived