New Year's Eve

Guest crazy digits

Guest Lisacat

lisa ,i can t blame you .the first time i was at a show out west i knew it was a different vibe ,seeing dso at the fillmore a few years ago.seen jerry out at the keystone and the stone a few times but it was so long ago i didn t remember ,i know the west coast shows you don t trip over beer bottles which is huge,i think people are listening to whats going on alittle more out west

Agreed, a totally different groove on each coast.... I remember my first Fillmore show - took me a little to get into the energy. It can be extremely intense- in a very swirly psychedelic stinky kind of way. I never had seen spinners and dancers like that before. And its not like that everywhere.....was in Tahoe last weekend for JGB and I swear it was one of the worst crowds I've ever been in.... drunk wookies, drunk Tahoe ski snobs, and just plain old drunks.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jazz-man

I've lived on both the east and west coasts and for me the west is where I wanna be. Wide open spaces, terrific hiking, less people and pollution, better bud, and a more mellow vibe. Oh ya, our mountains are real mountains :)

I think I'm out now. I will make a final decision tomorrow but it doesn't look good. A road trip to the east coast from Michigan after a major blizzard that put 12+inches of snow on the ground just doesn't sound like a good plan. Bummer. If DSO wasn't coming to the midwest in a month it would make this decision harder. Man, I was looking forward to those 3 set shows Thursday and Friday, and Penns Peak on Wednesday.

Guest crazy digits

I think I'm out now. I will make a final decision tomorrow but it doesn't look good. A road trip to the east coast from Michigan after a major blizzard that put 12+inches of snow on the ground just doesn't sound like a good plan. Bummer. If DSO wasn't coming to the midwest in a month it would make this decision harder. Man, I was looking forward to those 3 set shows Thursday and Friday, and Penns Peak on Wednesday.

roads will be clear...its all about the music...take a deep breath, get in your car and c'mon..

roads will be clear...its all about the music...take a deep breath, get in your car and c'mon..

I actually posted this morning hoping for just this kind of reply. I realize the roads will be clear by Wednesday, but I can't stop thinking that it is just stupid to to drive all that way to slosh around thick snow. I knew when I booked my hotel rooms it would be cold in the Ny area around New Years, I just didn't expect a major blizzard. I'm not out yet, I'm just leaning that way. The wife is out though. She thinks it's crazy. Tomorrow is judgement day.

Thanks for the pep talk.

Guest crazy digits

I actually posted this morning hoping for just this kind of reply. I realize the roads will be clear by Wednesday, but I can't stop thinking that it is just stupid to to drive all that way to slosh around thick snow. I knew when I booked my hotel rooms it would be cold in the Ny area around New Years, I just didn't expect a major blizzard. I'm not out yet, I'm just leaning that way. The wife is out though. She thinks it's crazy. Tomorrow is judgement day.

Thanks for the pep talk.

none of us are any different than you....its just the drive now...

• Forum MVP

Thanks for the pep talk.

Don't be a pussy. The storm was not that bad. The roads here in the Philadelphia area are already drivable. I can't imagine NY and CT not getting their shit together in time. The roads will be prestine for travel. It is after all the Holiday season and a lot of people will need to be travelling. Be careful, but don't let a little snow scare you.

Don't be a pussy. The storm was not that bad. The roads here in the Philadelphia area are already drivable. I can't imagine NY and CT not getting their shit together in time. The roads will be prestine for travel. It is after all the Holiday season and a lot of people will need to be travelling. Be careful, but don't let a little snow scare you.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A good swift kick in the ass. I know you

Chores will probably be more fun anyway.

Exactly. I'm glad you finally see it my way.

Maybe it had nothing to do with the blizzard. It sure seems like I'm making a lot of excuses to not go now. I guess I'm not feeling the 10 hour drive. I will sleep on it, but I just don't think I'm going anymore. I should have booked a flight and just done the 2 Bridgeport shows. Had I done that I wouldn't have even considered not going. Right now it is simple to cancel 2 hotel rooms.

Have fun!

• Forum MVP

Maybe it had nothing to do with the blizzard. It sure seems like I'm making a lot of excuses to not go now. I guess I'm not feeling the 10 hour drive. I will sleep on it, but I just don't think I'm going anymore. I should have booked a flight and just done the 2 Bridgeport shows. Had I done that I wouldn't have even considered not going. Right now it is simple to cancel 2 hotel rooms.

Have fun!

It is my honest opinion that 10 years from now, you'll be happy you did your chores in place of those shows.

My guess is you won't look at the lists on the review page and say something like 'D'oh...I can't believe I missed this!!"

I don't think you will feel regret because you will know in your heart that those chores are done.

Of course, if this has more to do with staying with your wife and less to do with those chores...then god bless.

Guest Lisacat

one good think about jersey they know how to take care of the roads ,was out all day today ,no problems .You have no excuse just get in your car and do the ride ,it will be well worth it

I heard nightmares about 78 and areas near Montclair and that Jersey City roads weren't even plowed today...but hopefully tomorrow all will be taken care of.

All I know is that my plane ride back isn't coming soon enough! Thank god I get to dance this frustration off a couple nights before going back home.

• Forum MVP

I heard nightmares about 78 and areas near Montclair and that Jersey City roads weren't even plowed today...but hopefully tomorrow all will be taken care of.

All I know is that my plane ride back isn't coming soon enough! Thank god I get to dance this frustration off a couple nights before going back home.

what the hel s the big deal ,we got a good old fashon kik ass snow fall .bring it on ,my son laughs when i told him we got 2 ft considering he lives in tahoe

• Forum MVP

Have fun!

This isn't the same person I met. I do 10 hours of drive after 2 days without a sleep. You've got to be kidding me. Don't cancel your hotel rooms. Let them know someone will be staying in your place. You should pay a tax to the true fans for being such a pussy.

No hard feelings. Be well. Take care of your wife.

Archived