7 Walkers

Starhead420

Soooo.... I've been doin some research, and it looks as if 7 walkers was taken off the NLQP event page for GFest... HOWEVVVEERRR... 7 walkers made an event on facebook for June 30 at NLQP??? So looks like were gettin some 7 walkers on thurs instead of Terrapin Nation??

Guest Badgerboy

7 Walkers website says they are playing on the 30th (Thursday) of the festival. Not sure why NLQP doesn't have them listed. Jambase also listed them as playing.

For clarity.... the 7 Walkers were unavailable for Friday night when Evan wanted them to play. But, they've said they could play Thursday... which doesn't work as finishing touches on production will be happening. As well, DSO will most likely be doing a soundcheck that evening. So, in short.... no 7 Walkers... sorry to disappoint

:dsorocks:

For clarity.... the 7 Walkers were unavailable for Friday night when Evan wanted them to play. But, they've said they could play Thursday... which doesn't work as finishing touches on production will be happening. As well, DSO will most likely be doing a soundcheck that evening. So, in short.... no 7 Walkers... sorry to disappoint

Well.. 7 walkers still has an event page on Facebook... So I am goin to still hope that its true...

Guest Badgerboy

Thats very disappointing.

So is there no music on Thursday?

Most festivals are Thursday-Sunday. I find this very confusing. Anyone know exactly what the deal is? My girlfriend and I both have to take off work well in advance. I get mixed messages from what I read on different sites about when this fest is.

Thanks!

Thats very disappointing.

So is there no music on Thursday?

Most festivals are Thursday-Sunday. I find this very confusing. Anyone know exactly what the deal is? My girlfriend and I both have to take off work well in advance. I get mixed messages from what I read on different sites about when this fest is.

Thanks!

Seems I remember Evan saying something about DSO playing Friday, Saturday and Sunday... and go home Monday since most everyone is off that day anyway. As for Thursday... I'd have to presume the always pleasurable DSO soundcheck will take place... most likely followed by a smallish band on the side stage, to ease everyone into the extraordinary weekend ahead.

:grouphug:

• Forum MVP

Seems I remember Evan saying something about DSO playing Friday, Saturday and Sunday... and go home Monday since most everyone is off that day anyway. As for Thursday... I'd have to presume the always pleasurable DSO soundcheck will take place... most likely followed by a smallish band on the side stage, to ease everyone into the extraordinary weekend ahead.

grouphug.gif

dsorocks.gif

Maybe that much-loved band TN will put in an appearance on Thursday. Maybe not, but hope springs eternal...laugh.gif

Soooo.... I've been doin some research, and it looks as if 7 walkers was taken off the NLQP event page for GFest... HOWEVVVEERRR... 7 walkers made an event on facebook for June 30 at NLQP??? So looks like were gettin some 7 walkers on thurs instead of Terrapin Nation??

OK, I posted over at the 7 Walkers Facebook site that there was confusion over their appearance at Gratefulfest #12. I received a reply from someone at 7 Walkers asking where the confusion was. I reposted that it appeared Michelle here on the DSO forum questioned there attending and playing Thursday the 30th. She felt that DSO would be doing a soundcheck and they couldn't use the stage (probably). My repost is now gone and just a reply of mine saying that the Gratefulfest #12 Facebook page did still in fact list them (although still no Cornmeal) while the DSO and NLQP sites still left them off (despite showing them earlier). I am now pretty sure that 7 Walkers WILL BE THERE. However, I would still appreciate a TRUE confirmation from DSO and NLQP as thousands of people would probably like to make sure they were at the park Thursday to see the 7 Walkers if it is all true. THEY still show that they are playing from 8-11:30 and I would hope THEY know where they are booked June 30th!

• Forum MVP

I think I'm just going to get up there on Tuesday or Wednesday before this whole thing kicks off and be there for whoever graces the stage on Thursday. Either way sounds like great times for shenanigans at the park.

OK, I posted over at the 7 Walkers Facebook site that there was confusion over their appearance at Gratefulfest #12. I received a reply from someone at 7 Walkers asking where the confusion was. I reposted that it appeared Michelle here on the DSO forum questioned there attending and playing Thursday the 30th. She felt that DSO would be doing a soundcheck and they couldn't use the stage (probably). My repost is now gone and just a reply of mine saying that the Gratefulfest #12 Facebook page did still in fact list them (although still no Cornmeal) while the DSO and NLQP sites still left them off (despite showing them earlier). I am now pretty sure that 7 Walkers WILL BE THERE. However, I would still appreciate a TRUE confirmation from DSO and NLQP as thousands of people would probably like to make sure they were at the park Thursday to see the 7 Walkers if it is all true. THEY still show that they are playing from 8-11:30 and I would hope THEY know where they are booked June 30th!

That made me smile, and I thank you. I suggest you call the park if you're feeling desperate (you can find the number at the bottom of the nlqp home page). I spoke with Evan, the guy that pretty much owns the park and hires the bands. So, when I post info here... it's coming from him when I say stuff like, "Seems I remember Evan saying...." But, really, I suggest you call the park and... nicely... inquire about the 7 Walkers. And Cornmeal is definitely playing. I spoke with Evan while standing in the Disc O Pizza trailer about that one. I told him that it was great that they are playing for sure because folks have been wondering and would love to see them. He was glad to hear that. He's worried about not getting enough patrons to cover the accounts payable for this show. So... be good family and spread the word.... Gratefulfest is the best festival of the summer. With much love ~ :dsorocks:

I see what you mean on the 7 Walkers tour dates page. So I called Evan and he said, "Oh, is it STILL listed on their site? Geez" So...

And as for any nlqp facebook page... I wouldn't put much faith in that. Anyone can create a facebook page, for any event.

My apologies for being a bearer of screwy news. Just trying to help the family out ~ much love to you all ~

That made me smile, and I thank you. I suggest you call the park if you're feeling desperate (you can find the number at the bottom of the nlqp home page). I spoke with Evan, the guy that pretty much owns the park and hires the bands. So, when I post info here... it's coming from him when I say stuff like, "Seems I remember Evan saying...." But, really, I suggest you call the park and... nicely... inquire about the 7 Walkers. And Cornmeal is definitely playing. I spoke with Evan while standing in the Disc O Pizza trailer about that one. I told him that it was great that they are playing for sure because folks have been wondering and would love to see them. He was glad to hear that. He's worried about not getting enough patrons to cover the accounts payable for this show. So... be good family and spread the word.... Gratefulfest is the best festival of the summer. With much love ~ :dsorocks:

Glad you smiled! It is a bit nuts that the fest hasn't put out a HARD announcement like an ad in Relix, Honest Tune, or Hittin The Note with 2 months to go. I suspect Evan could be worried about Electric Forest but after 2 Rothburys EFF just isn't grabbing me. Too many DJs and not enough musicians. I have never been to NLQP or a Gratefulfest but I am loving the reports of past festivals and the park and think the artists listed at one time or another are FANTASTIC.... assuming they all appear. I am not alone in that EFF is not Rothbury with all those DJs and REO Speedwagon? I have to beleive that Evan will be rewarded with a good (profitable) turnout with the bands discussed and the park. Rothbury was competition as they had similar music styles. Didn't Gratefulfest do OK when Rothbury was playing the same weekend the past 2 years? If so, Gratefulfest should do BETTER this year as EFF is not attracting the same crowd as Rothbury so people (like me) are looking for an alternative.....Gratefulfest is it!

If the artists discussed are firm we would have:

7 Walkers featuring Bill Kreutzmann and Papa Mali (June 30 8:00 - 11:30 PM)

Keller Williams (July 1st)

Railroad Earth (July 2nd @ 6:00 - ? PM)

Willy Mac Music (July 2nd)

David Gans (July 1st & 2nd)

Donna Jean Godchaux Band featuring Jeff Mattson (July 1st & 3rd)

Rusted Root (July 3rd @ 4:00 - ? PM)

Jerry Garcia Band with Melvin Seals (July 3rd)

Dark Star Orchestra (3 nights-July 1st, 2nd, & 3rd?)

New Riders of the Purple Sage (?)

Cornmeal (?)

BoomBox (?)

Klyph Black & Rumor Has It (?)

Katz-n-Jammers (?)

The Spikedrivers (NOT JULY 2nd since they are playing @ 10:30PM @ Peace Through Music Festival - Belfontaine, OH)

That is a GREAT(fulfest) Evan! I would add a few locals (I think the Ragbirds, and the Macpodz are playing EFF) like Ralston Bowles, Mike Vial, Detour Bluegrass, Wayward Roots, Northern Skies, Red Tail Ring or AtAverage from Michigan and a few from Ohio (sorry I don't know Ohio bands) and maybe another one or two smaller nationals (how about Orgone?) maybe a blues artist (Eric Sardinas, Jason Ricci, or Joanne Shaw Taylor) and maybe a classic artist (Dave Mason?) who I think could all be had for reasonabe prices and you're done.

Just some thoughts.

Back in I think 09, Rothbury WAS going on the same weekend and the DEAD were even there. I still felt we had a good solid crowd.. And DSO killllled it!! I would choose GFest over any other festival in the country! HANDS DOWN!!! :dsorocks:

I see what you mean on the 7 Walkers tour dates page. So I called Evan and he said, "Oh, is it STILL listed on their site? Geez" So...

And as for any nlqp facebook page... I wouldn't put much faith in that. Anyone can create a facebook page, for any event.

My apologies for being a bearer of screwy news. Just trying to help the family out ~ much love to you all ~

This is killing me! I want to see 7 Walkers......and have a Dead founder in attentence. So let's see if I have this straight, 7 Walkers have told the world THEY are playing the 30th which means don't call them to book them anywhere else on the 30th as they are already taken. Did they sign a contract qith NLQP or Evan? What will their fans think if they don't appear? What will the Gratefulfest fans think if they don't appear? Maybe Evan and the Walkers will work something out that works for both parties. If the stage is up, does it matter if 7 Walkers plays after a DSO soundcheck? Evan just has to pay 7 Walkers as his overhead is fixed. Might the Walkers need just their travel costs picked up? Gas, airfare(?). hotel rooms, food,.....? Stage hands will be working the festival so the Walkers won't need to provide any. What 4 Walkers, a tour manager, and a sound manager.....Evan, this can work out.......

Starhead--

I remember that year fairly well. The crowd was especially kind that weekend; I remember commenting on the crowd being smaller than normal, but being made up of all-star people!

Starhead--

I remember that year fairly well. The crowd was especially kind that weekend; I remember commenting on the crowd being smaller than normal, but being made up of all-star people!

Most Definitely!! Could of been the best GFest Ive ever been too!! Its tough to call though because they are all amazing..

This is killing me! I want to see 7 Walkers......and have a Dead founder in attentence. So let's see if I have this straight, 7 Walkers have told the world THEY are playing the 30th which means don't call them to book them anywhere else on the 30th as they are already taken. Did they sign a contract qith NLQP or Evan? What will their fans think if they don't appear? What will the Gratefulfest fans think if they don't appear? Maybe Evan and the Walkers will work something out that works for both parties. If the stage is up, does it matter if 7 Walkers plays after a DSO soundcheck? Evan just has to pay 7 Walkers as his overhead is fixed. Might the Walkers need just their travel costs picked up? Gas, airfare(?). hotel rooms, food,.....? Stage hands will be working the festival so the Walkers won't need to provide any. What 4 Walkers, a tour manager, and a sound manager.....Evan, this can work out.......

My apologies for being the bearer of screwy news that's been sending you into a whirlwind of confusion. I'm sure things will clear up this week. Pardon me when you say that Evan just has to pay 7 Walkers as his overhead is fixed.... I think that he would've preferred they play Friday or Saturday, but they couldn't make it. Evan loves having the drummers there and is disappointed when he can't have them (whether it be Mickey, Billy, Airto, Giovanni, Zakir, Sikiru, etc). But, as for "all he has to do is pay them"... that pay may be $40,000 or something... so sometimes it's not always that easy. On this beautiful Monday morning, I hope you get your wish to see the 7 Walkers at Gratefulfest... and I hope we all get a very special set on Thursday from DSO. In years past :dsorocks: and I hope we get something like that spectacular 17 minute long Good Lovin' jam. Love when Barraco does PigPen. Can't wait to see all of your beautiful faces and get good hugs ~

http://www.archive.org/details/dso2010-07-03

I'll role with no 7 Walkers if I have to but lets get Cornmeal confirmed! I'd still like to also see Mark Karan & Jemimah Puddleduck added too.

If it is $40,000 for the Walkers I'd be a little surprised in this economy. A lot of locals get under $500 for a festival appearance and I have seen a lot of larger acts playing clubs for $2,000 to $25,000. Although, if 425 people are convinced to buy a $95 ticket because the Walkers are there.....that's another $40,000. Call me naive but 425 more tickets by adding the Walkers seems reasonable and that ddoesn;tinclude the extra sending they could bring.

Regardless, if it is say DSO and Boombox on the 30th plus 1 or 2 others it will be a great night to be there early!

Sorry to have blown this up Michelle but the Walkers STILL show the 30th on their OFFICIAL page.

Archived