Toads Place, May 1St

Mango

• Forum MVP

Whew! Well that's a little bit further then I really like to travel after a show but I made it so :cheers:

Awesome show tonight! Really seemed like the Band was having a fun time on stage- lots of joking back and forth(and exchanging of middle-fingers) and all kinds of in-between-song diddies. I decided for a change to ride the rail with Joseph...never done this before, at least not for the whole show, and I have to say it was really cool. Didn't quite have the room to spin off the wheel but it was probably a good thing after doing just that the two previous nights. Made some new friends up front too, some youngsters Riley(spelling?) and her boyfriend(sorry, forget name), who definitely get "it". If ya'll read this, go to Stroudsburg!!

04-10-78 Fox Theatre, Atlanta, Ga. (Mon)

1: Promised, B. E. Women, All Over Now, Peggy-O, Cassidy, Dire Wolf, El Paso, Row Jimmy, Passenger, Candyman, Music

2: Jack Straw, Ship Of Fools, Dancin> Drumz> Franklin's> Black Peter> Around E: U. S. Blues

First set was real solid all the way through. Jeff did a super sweet job on peggy-o and candyman, and the jams peaked wonderfully in cassidy and music. Second set started off with a bang, a smokin Jack Straw with an awesome final build up before the "jack straw from wichita" verse. Dancin in the streets really got the sweat flowing from my head/hair, and well, everywhere. It was hot in there :wub: Props to Prescott for getting on stage with the band for family drums. It was really a pleasure to see the whole band up there getting into it. The setlist from deadbase lists it as "drums>Franklin's" but tonight dso added a space segment in between. Jeff and Barraco definitely had some kind of egyptian thing going on, unlike anything i've ever heard them do before. That reminds me also that before the second set started they did a tease of blues for allah, the "under eternity blues" part. Real short, but enough to get me excited, especially since Joseph and I were talking about the likeliness of seeing a 75 show earlier in the night.. Now the Franklin's Tower.....well lets just say that Mr. Mattson took it about as far as it can go, and it was intense! Black Peter was done perfectly, Mattson's solo really soared. Around&around/Us blues were some good old fashioned rock and roll fun. Filler was Golden Road, short but sweet.

Really had a great time tonight, perfect cap to a 3 night run.

On a downer note, tonight was the second night in a row that ambulances rushed in as people were letting out. Tonight I guess the guy fell down the stairs. I hope he's ok.

Peace, Good Night.

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

For those folks who are fans of the song Black Pete...this one is a top five.

True that. This is one of several Fox shows I had the privilege of attending, and it sticks in my mind. Kind of like my altered recollection of the Loser from 5-19-77...as noted elsewhere, there are a few things that can be settled on paper...

• Forum MVP

I called up Stout this morning and told him they played his first show last nite and he said ,what they played englishtown ? i said no ,your first dso show which this show was first played down in ocean city new jeresy back in 03,had grat soft shell crabs that night ,will never forget ,memorial day weekend back then

• Forum MVP

i quote a rather interesting fellow last night..... "eaton drove it like a fuckin car"

after every show lately. i have said it was the best show i've ever seen....

the band is on fire.... energy is fantastic,

i would venture to say, both sides of the rail, are neck and neck, as to who is having more fun...

Guest crazy digits

For those folks who are fans of the song Black Pete...this one is a top five.

can't stand the tune

Archived