Help/slip/franklins From 5/21/2011

TJed

I've loved this song combo for many, many, many years, going back to the 70s.

I just listened to DSO's version from 5/21/2011 (re-creating 6/27/76).

A truly amazing rendition, especially the Slipknot.

WOW!!!

My thanks to DSO and the taper (recordist) for sharing this incredible music.

• Forum MVP

I've loved this song combo for many, many, many years, going back to the 70s.

I just listened to DSO's version from 5/21/2011 (re-creating 6/27/76).

A truly amazing rendition, especially the Slipknot.

WOW!!!

My thanks to DSO and the taper (recordist) for sharing this incredible music.

http://www.archive.org/details/dso2011-05-21

This Slipknot is indeed a wicked twist :wacko: . VERY clean recording.....snatch it!

:dsorocks:

June 76 had some great Franklin'ses.

I caught the Boston Music Hall (now Wang) shows soon after moving up from NYC. -- anyone else there?

06/09/76 was the keeper - check out the screaming cheering Heads on any Aud tape when the band rolls out a St. Stephen second set opener after 4-1/2 Saint-less years. I get goosebumps every time I hear it. OMFG - then they segue into a totally cosmic >Eyes. Coming out for a great great Franklin's encore was the icing!

One of those nights that reminds you that the Dead could be as good as DSO :o

(no worries - wearing my flame-proof suit)

That night was also emblazoned in my Owsleyed memories by the slo-mo recollection of beaning a Boston Cop in the lobby with my frisbee and the very weird guy in the mezzanine grumbling "f***-you" over and over and over. :blink:

• Forum MVP

June 76 had some great Franklin'ses.

I caught the Boston Music Hall (now Wang) shows soon after moving up from NYC. -- anyone else there?

06/09/76 was the keeper - check out the screaming cheering Heads on any Aud tape when the band rolls out a St. Stephen second set opener after 4-1/2 Saint-less years. I get goosebumps every time I hear it. OMFG - then they segue into a totally cosmic >Eyes. Coming out for a great great Franklin's encore was the icing!

One of those nights that reminds you that the Dead could be as good as DSO :o

(no worries - wearing my flame-proof suit)

That night was also emblazoned in my Owsleyed memories by the slo-mo recollection of beaning a Boston Cop in the lobby with my frisbee and the very weird guy in the mezzanine grumbling "f***-you" over and over and over. :blink:

Here is the AUD if you want the feel the energy from St. Stephen's return.

http://www.archive.org/details/gd1976-06-09.aud.maizner.berger.99063.flac24

If you need a Charlie Miller special, then here YOU go:

http://www.archive.org/details/gd1976-06-09.sbd.miller.95399.sbeok.flac16

Outside of SS's dustoff, this show offers a wonderful, majestic Crazy Fingers, A sick Eyes even Chuck would like, and a Wharf Rat that approaches sweet perfection! 1976 has been lost from my arsenal for much longer than it ever should have.....back I go!

Yes indeed, this Help>Slip>Franklin's is not one I will soon forget. Jeff seems to really be inspiring the rest of his bandmates to take things higher and higher on songs that allow for serious jamming, and this triptych is a shining example of this. There were several moments like that at the "Mighty High" on Saturday night (I missed Friday's show) and the audience responded in kind... lots of hoots, shouts, and carefree dancing. Also: Many, Many Thanks to Peter Prince for the pristine audience recording. I only saw one mic setup on a very high pole with a black mini-umbrella on top, which I am assuming was his. I can't thank him enough for his efforts.

Topher

Archived