The National Richmond

Captain Zap

OK ... first time I actually managed to coincide DSO with my frantic work travels ... and they pull out a birthday show, I'd like to believe just for me, but I only knew a couple of people there tonight. Had a great time.... Pittsburgh ... April 2, 1989

First Set:

Aiko Aiko

Little Red Rooster

Dire Wolf

It's All Over Now

We Can Run But We Can't Hide

Brown Eyed Women

Queen Jane Approximately

Tennessee Jed

Music Never Stopped

Second Set:

Shakedown Street

Man Smart/Woman Smarter

Foolish Heart

drums

The Wheel

Dear Mr. Fantasy

Hey Jude Reprise

Around and Around

Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad

Turn on Your Love Light

Baby Blue

Extra Nice: Midnight Moonlight with Lisa ...

Really you guys make me smile so much it almost hurts .... thank-you again ... for a real good time.

See you in Wilmington tomorrow

:unsure: Damn.........what a coinkidink. Yesterday, a buddy at work was talking about listening to the GD hour on the radio recently and hearing a great Little Red Rooster from a Pittsburgh '89 show. So, I dialed in to archive and gave the show a listen. Great show and lo and behold DSO plays it last night. Ya gotta love stuff like that. Great lookin' set list for my tastes.

• Forum MVP

First time at this venue and absoulutely loved it! The staff was friendly, the sound pristine, and the vibe was super. Arrived early, saw a dude I knew who worked there, and he gave me a history tour of the joint. Learned that Orson Wells used to do his radio show from there. Was showed a room that was entombed for many years, that used to serve as a play area for Wells's children as he was doing his show. It had the coolest mural from 1923 on the walls. Just really neat stuff. Really experienced some good ol' fashioned southern hospitality in the Capitol of the Confederate States of America. Now I'm back in bum fucked Jersey.

As for the music.....I was expecting an 80's show going by what they performed there in March, and from the previous shows at GFEST.The stage setup confirmed this. To me I really don't care what they play when I go to a show, because it's just soooooo frigin well played, and soooooo improvastional that it has no bearing on my head. I've been going to DSO shows steadily since 03' and I have never seen them so tight, and the chemistry on stage has never seemed better .You can feel it.The time is now :excl: When I go to a DSO show.....I know I'm going to smile, dance my ass off ,and leave soaking wet with throbbing arthritic knees.....and savor every last minute of it.

I NEED MORE SHOWS!! :dsorocks:

Guest DeadNoMore

Was my first DSO concert. Haven't been to a full Dead style concert since Jerry passed. Absolutely loved the show. Thank you so much for bringing back soooooo many memories. As an older Dead Head I have to say, the younger crowd reminded me of the older days. Nice to see so many people of different ages having such a great experience together. I thought those days were gone. Glad DSO got me to get my head out of my ^#* and see that "Once in a while you can get shown the light". Thanks again and I will be at the next show near me.

Good times in richmond. I dont believe that 'the wheel' was played.

Hmmmmmm could they have missed it ... ???? Loved it with or without ... I always did have a hard time figuring out the set lists ... always absorbed by the moment ... I really did have a great time. Left Richmond too late to catch Wilmington ... but will be in Black Mountain tomorrow.

Archived