Syracuse Westcott Theatre

just a dream

I had very few expectations. Just a few hundred people attending, set up for an 80's or 90's show with no Lisa microphone, the Vibes [and many thousands of people the next day], saw Furthur earlier in the week...Even allowing for post-show afterglow syndrome [P.S.A.G.S.], we were so deeply moved by the depth of musicianship. Thanks to DSO for putting so much effort into this-it did not go unnoticed! One of the 2 best performances of an ordinary looking setlist I have ever seen [the other being the original 9/8/73 show]. Feel Like a Stranger and Sugaree were played with such presence and force. Mexicali Blues was opened up, with peak moments, which was surreal. Very powerful Althea and Masterpiece. Very delightful Iko and Saint-I don't tend to care for these, so, again, my prejudices were released into the swirls of the power of out-of-the-box musicianship. New Speedway was wonderful. They kept extending and twisting the jam out of Truckin'-really interesting and sublime stuff. Teased The Wheel out of Drums/space, but eventually thundered into The Other One-I realized that there are no 80's or 90's shows, just DSO 2011 shows. Excellent Wharf Rat-heartfelt singing. Throwing Stones was intense, and while prepared for a 90's Not Fade Away send-off, was surprised by Touch Of Grey instead. Sweet Brokedown. We left before the filler songs. Other than missing the presence of our friends, twas a beautiful night.

Jeff had me floating out the door with It Stoned Me for the last song of the night. Amazing!

Monkey and the Engineer was the first filler, just remembered. Stoned Me was so beautiful that I had forgotten all about it.

I personally thought last night was one of the best I have seen of DSO.Maybe it was just me but I felt a lot of emotion flowing deep down and Rocking my SOUL.Extreme thanks to the band.Oh and I also saw furthur at SPAC and at least for me wasn't even close to DSO

I personally thought last night was one of the best I have seen of DSO.Maybe it was just me but I felt a lot of emotion flowing deep down and Rocking my SOUL.Extreme thanks to the band.Oh and I also saw furthur at SPAC and at least for me wasn't even close to DSO

• Forum MVP

DSO Re-created: The Grateful Dead Live at Nassau Coliseum on 1991-03-29

Here is the original show if you are so inclined:

http://www.archive.org/details/gd1991-03-29.nak300.gidley.114398.flac2448

Set 1

Feel Like A Stranger, Sugaree, Walkin' Blues, Dire Wolf, Me & My Uncle-> Mexicali Blues, Althea, When I Paint My Masterpiece :icon14:

Set 2

Iko Iko, Saint Of Circumstance, New Speedway Boogie-> Truckin'-> Drums-> Jam-> The Other One-> Wharf Rat :rolleyes: -> Throwing Stones-> Touch Of Grey, E: Brokedown Palace

Filler: Monkey and the Engineer, It Stoned Me :lol:

Slurp.

• Forum MVP

DSO Re-created: The Grateful Dead Live at Nassau Coliseum on 1991-03-29

Here is the original show if you are so inclined:

http://www.archive.org/details/gd1991-03-29.nak300.gidley.114398.flac2448

Set 1

Feel Like A Stranger, Sugaree, Walkin' Blues, Dire Wolf, Me & My Uncle-> Mexicali Blues, Althea, When I Paint My Masterpiece :icon14:

Set 2

Iko Iko, Saint Of Circumstance, New Speedway Boogie-> Truckin'-> Drums-> Jam-> The Other One-> Wharf Rat :rolleyes: -> Throwing Stones-> Touch Of Grey, E: Brokedown Palace

Filler: Monkey and the Engineer, It Stoned Me :lol:

Slurp.

I really enjoyed this show back in 91. Wasn't this the Branford run @ Nassau?

Archived