comesatime

• Forum MVP

Special Terrapin Nation Show

Tue Aug 16 - Quixote's True Blue [Denver, CO]

Address: 2151 Lawrence St

9:00 pm; 18+

DSO Tix | Venue Link | Google Maps

I'm thinking this is going to be a GOOD TIME !!! :cheers:

Mike, have a good time. Do me a favor, Change your signature, everytime I see you post, I have to think of the dreaded Brother Eseau...

• Forum MVP

Mike, have a good time. Do me a favor, Change your signature, everytime I see you post, I have to think of the dreaded Brother Eseau...

but, I am at this time , " Shadowboxing the Apocalypse ... And wandering the land " ...

Guest 19cd74

What is the difference between Terrapin Nation and DSO? I have a ticket so I'm going either way but just wondering. Thanks and hope to see some folks there on a Tuesday.

• Forum MVP

What is the difference between Terrapin Nation and DSO? I have a ticket so I'm going either way but just wondering. Thanks and hope to see some folks there on a Tuesday.

Ya know that the Grateful Dead played a few shows as The Warlocks...........well DSO plays a few shows as Terrapin Nation......they're a band beyond description :rolleyes:

• Forum MVP

August 16th, 1977 ..... The King passed

August 16th, 2011 ..... Terrapin Nation honors said above by playing something from the music library of said King...

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis has left the building"

OK, Who tipped you off?

Hey DSO!

Can't wait for tonight, I know we're going to have a great big burly hoot at Quixote's. And on that theme I am throwing down the gauntlet for a tv theme song medley. Show us what you've got... At least give us "Bonanza"

Thanks for all you do!!!! and have fun in AK

cbinco

Guest gdjake

August 16th, 1977 ..... The King passed

August 16th, 2011 ..... Terrapin Nation honors said above by playing something from the music library of said King...

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis has left the building"

Not to be mean or disrespect Elvis fans but I sure hope this is wrong!!

I would love to hear If I Had the World to Give, When Push Comes to Shove, Believe it or Not, Black Muddy River, or any number of other tunes that I've been chasing since Jerry died (or my whole life in some cases!) and I'd be happy to hear some covers (JGB stuff, Goodnight Irene, etc.) but Elvis would be a kin to Chinese water torture for me. I understand his popularity but IMHO he was nothing more than the first white guy to do what many African Americans had already been doing for years. He admittedly only played 3 chords and he never wrote a song in his life. Again no offense to those of you that are fans. He was still a pioneer. That said I have ZERO interest in hearing a Dead cover band play his songs. Just my .02.

P.S.- Hi everyone!!! :)

Guest gdjake

Out here the King still lives. Love me tender.

No dispute and like I said before no offense.

It's just that if I want to hear Elvis tunes I'd go see an Elvis tribute band!

If they play one song I get it but more than that would be a serious bummer.

On another note it seems that you don't know what to expect with "Terrapin Nation" shows. I've seen some that are wicked cool GD/JGB related sets and I've seen others that are chock full of cover tunes never played by the Boys.

Any way to know which we'll get tonight? Or is it anyone's guess? Thanks in advance.

• Forum MVP

gdjake -

how about you take a "step back" and relax.... have you heard of the word joke ? .... how about sarcasm ? .....

you join this board and have the nerve to put down ELVIS .... I am packing up the Teacher Honda Civic and am on my way to your house to have you answer some questions.... and I am bringing Lefty and Machine Gun Joey with me ... if you get my drift

I see they played "Green Green Grass of Home" .... which Elvis covered .... so stick that in your pipe and smoke it gdjake ....

Archived