Bay Area Friends

Guest L~Cat

Guest Sweet Jane

Stu Allen is trying out a new semi-regular "Grateful Dead night" gig at Ashkenaz in Berkeley on Wednesday nights billed now as "Stu Allen and Friends". November dates include Nov 2 and 23rd. In the past the "friends" have included Mark Karan, Robin Sylvester, Mookie Siegel, Greg Anton.

So if you are around, please come show your support so it can keep going! (and maybe we'd see weekend dates come out!) Here is a flyer you can bring for 2 for 1 admission http://library.const...%28flyer%29.pdf

and BTW, saw Front Street Fri night in SF - holy moly, they get better every time. John A- I think even you would have been impressed. Great setlist and the tightest I've heard them play. For those curious here is the recording: http://www.archive.o...lac16&reCache=1

Guest Sweet Jane

Did I miss something...or is Stu done with JGB?

there is no official word on the subject one way or another....at the moment (and through the end of the year) Dave Hebert is playing with JGB.

Got that right. Their Dead Ahead configuration with Hebert here a couple of months ago did full justice to GD and JGB alike. That is no mean feat...

they been doin sisters&brothers>i'll be with thee>who was john>mighty high........and it's no use>one kinda favor.....plus lazy bones.....according to Jimmy {the bassist}, Melvin has been all into practicing most everyday and bringing forth "new" songs live....

• Forum MVP

when i saw JGB with Dave earlier this month, they blew me away. Dave brings it worldwide for sure. Great guitar skills and a very competent vocalist if i do say so myself. The set lists seemed more varied as well. I was surprised to enjoy Dave more than Stu but also extremely delighted and pleased. Check JGB about with the new man.

Archived