Dso The Greatest Show On Earth

XChemistry

Thank you so much for the setist last night. That is the best setlist that I HAVE EVER HEARD. Each song was the perfect fit for the next. My first show was 5.1.81 and I been tourning on and off since then. My top shows of all time are 5.1.81 6.18.83, 4.16.84, 4.17.84, 6.27.85, 11.1.85 and DSO 2.4.2011 4.8.2011 12.1.2011 12.3.2011. And More to Come.

That was a Tremendous Show last Night. I had lost my interest in Box Of Rain over the years and found myself singing it in my head all day long. Go Figure. The harmonica was awesome from Lisa. The Drums were like a Thunderstorm of Percussion. The Guitar work Phenomenal. The Bass like a Thundering EarthQuake. And Rob as always Incredible. The Orchestra becomes a Sweet and Delightful Symphony. Over the years I had become some what disenchanted with the Grateful Deads Drums and Space. Thank you last night for your creative and innovative approach to Drums And Space. It was a real Delight. What a Wonderful touch to Sunrise. A song that could easily be shelved. Last night Sunrise was so well done that you could have listened and enjoyed it for as long as the Band wished. Lisa's beautiful voice shined through like the Sun breaking through an overcast Afternoon. It makes me think of the Beatles tune " Here Comes The Sun ". What A Delight. I have come to Love the DSO Experience. Something very Special has happened to the Band I believe in the last year. Thank you for the Insight and foresight foe adding Rob and Jeff. Someone asked me was I going to see the Cover Band DSO. I replied that they are not a cover band. They asked was I going to see Furthur. I said no. Someone asked did I want a ticket to Bobby's Show. I said no. I was asked if I was going to the Trey show. I said no. Would I like a ticket to an upcoming Phish Show. I said no. They asked what has happened to you? I replied DSO. You mean the Tribute band. I said that is what you think. It is much more than that. It is a experience much like I had with Dead in another time and place. There is a creative union between the Band and the Audience much like I experienced with the Dead. There is a Chemistry within the song arrangements and a personality to the songs that DSO creates. It isn't the fact that the song may change from show to show but very much like the Dead the Personality of the Show changes from Night to Night and the way the band marries the songs is extremely pleasing. The added licks and the compositions of songs like HCS, Stuck in Mobile, Let It Grow, and Feel Like A Stranger are great examples of the intensity that DSO is beginning to bring to these well loved songs. Thanks for loving them like I do. Thanks for Understanding them. Thanks for bringing me out on Tour again. Thanks for giving back the Love of the live Grateful Dead Music. Thanks for the Deadication and Sacrifice. Thank you for being DSO.

On Thursday Night in Charlottesville you treated us to a mind blowing 77 show. An Epic year for the Dead. What I call the Fusion Jam between the Guitars was extraordinary. You left the Show Craving for more. The Playing >Wharf Rat > Playing Reprise was a experience I was glad I did not miss.

What A Night. How could the band get better? And you did Saturday Night. Thank you for keeping the Magic Alive. See you soon..

Archived