Wanee

Tom Banjo

• Forum MVP

It has been a really long time a festival line-up outside of Gratefulfest really excited me. I usually put the number around 8 shows that I would like to see with an emphasis on the headliner. At the bigfests, the number is higher because they have so many acts to choose from and overlaps. In fact, I have trouble seeing me going to a larger festival anymore as the line-up and scene don't always appeal to me. Wanne is a smaller size festival. I've been there before. It's an Allman Brother's festival for those that do not know. I believe I saw DSO there years ago (2005). The camping is nice, the people are great and the line-up this year is amazing, IMO.

• The Allman Brothers Band
  • Furthur
  • Gov't Mule
  • Tedeschi Trucks Band
  • Jaimoe's Jasssz Band
  • Buddy Guy
  • Bruce Hornsby
  • Mickey Hart Band
  • Hot Tuna
  • Ray Manzarek & Roy Rogers Band
  • Leftover Salmon
  • North Mississippi Allstars
  • Trigger Hippy (Joan Osborne, Jackie Greene, Steve Gorman, Audley Freed, Nick Govrik)
  • SOJA
  • Conspirator
  • EOTO
  • Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk
  • Particle
  • Devon Allman's Honeytribe
  • Zach Deputy
  • Matt Schofield
  • Bobby Lee Rodgers Trio
  • Big Sam's Funky Nation
  • Charles Bradley
  • Bonerama
  • Jacob Jeffries Band
  • The Yeti Trio
  • Bonnie Blue

The Allmans and Furthur will plays 2 nights each. The amount of artist collaborations at this festival can be high and they are usually really good.

• Forum MVP

I think so. Our buddy just moved to Florida and I have a few other buddies down there, like Kdub. We should get a group together and do this thing, but hell its 3 months away, and I have trouble sticking to plans I made last night right now. Sorry I missed ya tonight buddy. Just felt like watching football and drinking beer. VT next weekend.

Guest crazy digits

It has been a really long time a festival line-up outside of Gratefulfest really excited me. I usually put the number around 8 shows that I would like to see with an emphasis on the headliner. At the bigfests, the number is higher because they have so many acts to choose from and overlaps. In fact, I have trouble seeing me going to a larger festival anymore as the line-up and scene don't always appeal to me. Wanne is a smaller size festival. I've been there before. It's an Allman Brother's festival for those that do not know. I believe I saw DSO there years ago (2005). The camping is nice, the people are great and the line-up this year is amazing, IMO.

• The Allman Brothers Band
  • Furthur
  • Gov't Mule
  • Tedeschi Trucks Band
  • Jaimoe's Jasssz Band
  • Buddy Guy
  • Bruce Hornsby
  • Mickey Hart Band
  • Hot Tuna
  • Ray Manzarek & Roy Rogers Band
  • Leftover Salmon
  • North Mississippi Allstars
  • Trigger Hippy (Joan Osborne, Jackie Greene, Steve Gorman, Audley Freed, Nick Govrik)
  • SOJA
  • Conspirator
  • EOTO
  • Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk
  • Particle
  • Devon Allman's Honeytribe
  • Zach Deputy
  • Matt Schofield
  • Bobby Lee Rodgers Trio
  • Big Sam's Funky Nation
  • Charles Bradley
  • Bonerama
  • Jacob Jeffries Band
  • The Yeti Trio
  • Bonnie Blue

The Allmans and Furthur will plays 2 nights each. The amount of artist collaborations at this festival can be high and they are usually really good.

btw, this is my most favorite of outdoor venues...unfortunately, the big bands will be in the field and not under the pines..the small stage is the shit..

• Forum MVP

btw, this is my most favorite of outdoor venues...unfortunately, the big bands will be in the field and not under the pines..the small stage is the shit..

Bix,

I love the small stage. The trees. The hammocks. When you get tired of dancing, you can just lay in a hammock and sway in the wind. I'm really thinking on going. Maybe rent an RV. You in?

Guest crazy digits

Bix,

I love the small stage. The trees. The hammocks. When you get tired of dancing, you can just lay in a hammock and sway in the wind. I'm really thinking on going. Maybe rent an RV. You in?

prolly not..biz gets in the way..

Guest crazy digits

I don't want to rain on folk's parade but the police officers are for real at Wanee. I would consider being EXTREMELY careful there, especially having a RV where one can be trapped at times. They do NOT play games. Having said that, I love that place..

Please remember what I am saying here. Love you all so much..

If I can make this, I would like to!!

• Forum MVP

Hey folks....

I am in serious thought of making this festival ... I want to hit a festival this spring and Mighty High in May does not interest me enough.... possible weather issues in mid May in NY .... I would rather have Florida weather ... and if it rains in NY in May brrr cold... rain in FL in April is refreshing ....

plus on Saturday May 19th I am going to see Roger Waters do "The Wall" at the LA Coliseum ....

I lived in FL for a year before I moved to Vegas and April is just peachy !!!

I have been checking flights, etc .... I am saying 50/50 at this point .....

Archived