Arcata > 4/3

Tea

• Forum MVP

DSO recreated: 12/12/73 The Omni Atlanta GA

One:

The Promised Land ; Sugaree ; Mexicali Blues ; Tennessee Jed ; Jack Straw ; Don't Ease Me In ; Looks Like Rain ; They Love Each Other ; El Paso ; Peggy-O ; Beat It On Down The Line ; Brown Eyed Women ; Big River ; Deal ; Playing In The Band

Two:

Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo > Me And Bobby McGee ; China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider ;e Greatest Story Ever Told ; Row Jimmy ; Weather Report Suite > Let It Grow > Wharf Rat > Me And My Uncle > Eyes Of The World > Morning Dew > Sugar Magnolia

Encore: Casey Jones

Filler: Let Me Sing Your Blues Away

• Forum MVP

You totally beat me... almost posted on way home but decided to wait.....

anyways, saves me the technicalities so i can get to the good stuff.

THANK YOU WOW JUST WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED.

Always grateful for the promised land opener so we all know where we're at.... solidly ridiculously wonderful first set that got the whole place feeling mighty fine... by playin i had to do the polite tap and finger over lips to a trio of tipsy fellows and i think it woulda been just exactly perfect but then others got involved and i almost lost my moment... afterwards the girl i brought to her first show was all "whoa spaced out!" and i explained we were still playin in the band and that was a great moment to pass, thanks!

i swear, WRS will be my favorite forever and ever and tonight it was particularly swoon-worthy. gotta love those 73 74 eyes mmmm hmmmmmmm and the MORNING DEW was ever so tasty.... something about humboldt and letting it grow in the morning dew that had the crowd really really buzzing. it is a fave of the dude of the couple i brought so that was great he got that.... he was BLOWN away by Jeff, btw, had seen em once in Reno he thinks but THIS was great and I think they are gonna come down with us to at LEAST thursday..... hehehe, GOT EM! girlie said she closed her eyes a few times and felt not just like she was at the dead but that it was border line outta body and I told her THAT'S why this band is all i ever talk about and she gets why lol.

i have been playing various versions of sing your blues away for this couple since moving in with them last year (the egg didn't care for it much and its always been one of my faves cause of Rob doin it in DSO) so we were ALL stoked for that particular filler........

first DSO show without someone to hold during row jimmy or wrs and pull to me in bew or gosh much less wharf rat or morning dew (cause at my first 2 shows i didn't know enough about it to WANT someone to hold in those moments...) and i have to say, it was a LITTLE lonely, but with the band right there and all my friends from seeing this band and all the friends i've made here since moving here i just kept dancing and it was just fine.... same old friends the wind and rain indeed.

it has been almost 8 months since i saw em in state bridge.... headed out for the rest of the week.... these moments are THE moments. sigh.

THANK YOU

• Forum MVP

You totally beat me... almost posted on way home but decided to wait.....

I am glad I could dispose of the technicalities so that you could focus on your review - what a good one to read! So glad they played one from the 'honey year' drippingingly sweet...

these moments are THE moments. sigh.

Such a long, long time to be gone......

THANK YOU

Looks like you may have got the bug to bite that couple, and hard. As I have said before, it leaves a mark that never seems to go away. In fact, the venom makes sure you get bit again....

Guest L~Cat

I'll post a bunch more later...first time opening my computer since last Thursday... but I do want to say this night was my favorite night of the run so far, I think.... after dealing with some difficult crowds in seattle and portland, I was blessed by the dancing gods. Truly amazing that while others were dealing with all kinds of difficulties I maintained a radius of space around me right up front with room to boogey and fun people around me kicking down. This was the 2nd time at that venue and had the same experience with the dancing room....great mellow crowd. I'm so happy the band started playing Arcata theatre over Eureka. What a difference. And the convenient accommodations couldn't be any better.

Been a fun trip- so nice to see so many friends and be surrounded by all the love....the band sounds great and seems to be having fun as well. I'm sorry we couldn't have warmer weather for y'all.

Back to home turf tonight and looking forward to it.

Archived