Comes a Time

Dancin' in the Streets

Not Fade Away

Dancin' in the Streets

Around and Around

Filler

Unbroken Chain

Mission

Another great show. Will post some videos later.

• Forum MVP

The show came out the gate with a scintillating Sugaree that raged on and on and on. Talk about wasting no time to amp things way up! This set the tone for the first set, which somehow maintained this high energy pace throughout. The Fireless Scarlet confirmed we were in Fall '76.

After a strong Roses, the 2nd set jam (pretty much Playin->through end) did some intense bobbing and weaving.

When they came back onstage, Rob B announced the original show and said that although the Dead didn't play an encore that night "that won't stop us." And it certainly did not. Although perhaps Unbroken Chain is not Mr. Barraco's strongest number (YMMV), Mission closed the night with mega power and emotion.

Great sound, as has been mentioned on night #1. If it wasn't a sellout it was very close. Crowed but one could still get around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Until the Canyon Club this remained my favorite of the run I did (CA-AZ). A comes a time 76 with the Mission filler (not to mention unbroken>mission!!! tasty licks for all! yummy yummy!) is just hard to beat for this little unicorn.

I just LOVE Jeff's sugaree cause he just hands down does the jerry blender the best and he just uses it with such great timing that my head always scrambles just when it needs to and then he pulls me right back into the sweet swaying. shaking it up! minglewood really got the place feeling good and i started feeling like 76 for some reason. whenever i get my ramble on i begin to float and it didn't disappoint. looks like rain fell in soft and took us all away and the rest of the first set was meaty and chunked with energy and electric rainbows of sound from the deserts to to the square to that silly river with the fish rising up like birds..... i could listen to dso do music for a few eternity's cause it makes me so warm and fuzzy inside!

this is the kind of second set i dream about seeing live. got the biblical story that dso really makes you SEE with their notes and voices but when we all cool down to roses (i got a ramble on and must have been at my first show from ya'll so at this point I was sold on this being my fave show of the tour cause it was without a doubt one of my fave 76 shows).

once they really got going with the playin>drums>wheel i just couldn't stop grinning with exuberance because the wheel really moves me after that kind of playin (i broke up with the egg to the wheel, random info hmmm) and that super groovy sexy good lovin with no bertha mmmm hmmmm jammed all over into COMES A MOTHER FREAKIN TIME I mean REALLY YOU GUYS REALLY REALLY REALLY, MAN? YES! perfect, needed sooo badly and suddenly I realized just how AT HOME I have always been seeing this band and no one else and that if I can't spend all my luxury time and money on seeing them I am NOT prioritizing properly. alignment at last straight into

dancin>NFA>dancin my fingers just LOVED writing that out yes oh yes! so perfect and beautiful! right around into the around and around that joseph always loves to call :)

thank you again for my MISSION, i have been singing it walking around this place i used to call home in the rain since I saw dso last year and it was nice to get it in my face and head and to dance it out and know it was all coming down. at last.

Archived