Schwagstock no more

stlblues

• Forum MVP

That is tragic; such a waste on so many levels. Asset forfeiture laws are invidious but one of the most powerful weapons prosecutors have. Those laws aren't being repealed anytime soon. There is a lot to ponder here...

Thanks for sharing what is a sad ending to this story.

Also the end of the Schwag's weekly "Kind Tuesday" show at the Broadway Oyster Bar in St. Louis.

Kinda feel bad for the guy. Glad I made the last 5 Kind Tuesdays. Hadnt went for like a year then got on a run of Tuesday shows. Great memories of Stu in St Louis with Jimmy. Good times no Great Times. Kind Tuesdays kinda got lame after the Stu era.

Still got the best Grateful Dead cover band good ol Jakesleg and also 710 Band is back in action. Theyre a fun band.

Just my opinion, but I never thought tebeau was a good bass player. Always felt like he was just going through the motions.

I liked his playing. With JGB he never sang except for Masterpiece.During Kind Tuesdays his lead guitarist Shawn would come up with new songs to play on the fly that Jimmy never played before. Non Dead songs and he would jam like hed been playin it for 20 years. By the end of the night he would do these funky azz(good funky azz) bass jams that were pretty impressive.

Always did like Tebeaus Masterpiece

http://archive.org/details/JGB2011-06-04.SBD

Just my opinion, but I never thought tebeau was a good bass player. Always felt like he was just going through the motions.

Be interesting to hear what the St. Louis percussion ensemble would say to the above comment...I'm no charter member of the Schwag fan club, but Jimmy Teabeau is accomplished on the electric bass. Just one STL native's opinion.

• Forum MVP

I'm just saying, he's no John Kahn. Can he carry a groove? Yes. I never saw/heard much improvisation. He finds a bass line he likes and sticks with it. He never put a variation on the theme. his playing became a bit stagnant to me.

I'm just saying, he's no John Kahn. Can he carry a groove? Yes. I never saw/heard much improvisation. He finds a bass line he likes and sticks with it. He never put a variation on the theme. his playing became a bit stagnant to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived