Hampton 6/1

Still Truckin

One of the all time great elective set lists. - all of Kevin's faves...

Here comes sunshine

Race is on

Next time you see me

Cumberland

Dark hollow

Don't take no help at all (?)

Bird song

You ain't woman enough (Lisa rocks out)

Hard to handle

Rambling rose

round and round

Til the morning comes

Weather report suite

Let it grow

Good lovin

He's gone

Truckin

The other one

Eyes

Nfa

Gdtrfb

Nfa

Like a road

yup it was Chinatown Shuffle; and a great one!  WHAT A SHOW!  felt truly fortunate to have been there tonight. great venue, great vibe, great groove, awesome show.

and all best wishes to Kevin Rosen, and such HUGE thanks to him for the amazing contributions he's made to this band for so long

So glad Scott and I decided to travel the 4 hours to this one, last minute.  Long drive home after the show, but so worth it.  Very, very emotional show and so much power from the whole band you could just feel the electricity in the air.  It was great meeting you Greg and Mary as well as seeing our other DSO family peeps.  Funny how when I went to GD shows, I never wanted the cops around, but I have to say thanks to the Shakedown parking lot cop, he broke up the stupid nitrous crowd and showed us a much easier way to get out of the lot (actually had us follow him) so we wouldn't have to wait in the long traffic line on the other side of the lot.  We'll definitely go to another Hampton show as long as DSO is there..... :crewrocks::dsorocks:

Peace,

Kristina

• Forum MVP

BOOM

was this a one drummer show?

damnit I should have pushed my flight back two more days....I've been to Hampton Beach a handful of times and had some altogether strange but great times. I'm sure the ballroom was rocking last night.

Looks like a 73 show with Pigpen alive and singin....kind of a cool concept.

...it was indeed a one-drummer show, yes.  and *absolutely* had the feel of an early-70s show, no doubt.   Also, here's the url for a 7-minute video of part of the epic He's Gone from last night......thanks so much to "Paul Boston" youtube channel, whoever you are, for uploading this there. 

and to anyone else who might have other vid footage from this show: Please upload it as soon as you can!  would so LOVE to be able to relive whatever moments anyone might've captured of this glorious final shoiw with Kevin on bass.  WHAT A SHOW!

• Forum MVP

have will have this whole show but it will take awhile ,I still have alot from the jubilee to finish ,alot of footage,great show last night ,single drummer stage set up.just the electric baby grand ,eaton had his hollow body ,jeff was playing his light blue strat and Kevin had his 6 string out ,you just knew it was going to be a raw sounding show .....we will miss you Kevin

have will have this whole show but it will take awhile ,I still have alot from the jubilee to finish ,alot of footage,great show last night ,single drummer stage set up.just the electric baby grand ,eaton had his hollow body ,jeff was playing his light blue strat and Kevin had his 6 string out ,you just knew it was going to be a raw sounding show .....we will miss you Kevin

nwnj steve that's awesome! thanks!  whenever you can get around to it, thanks from all of us! and for all that you do!  and yes we'll miss you Kevin, best wishes once again to you!

• Forum MVP

EPIC!

a weekend of big smiles, a few tears and no ticket......

not to mention the fun in the backseat...

we have to do that again...

thank you kevin, for wonderful music and the huge part you had in putting a smile in my heart....

• Forum MVP

One of the all time great elective set lists. - all of Kevin's faves...

Here comes sunshine

Race is on

Next time you see me

Cumberland

Dark hollow

Don't take no help at all (?)

Bird song

You ain't woman enough (Lisa rocks out)

Hard to handle

Rambling rose

round and round

Til the morning comes

Weather report suite

Let it grow

Good lovin

He's gone

Truckin

The other one

Eyes

Nfa

Gdtrfb

Nfa

Like a road

From a shear musical perspective, that is about as amazingly fun a setlist to play on bass as you will find. Awesome list.

Someone PLEASE post this to archive ASAP. It was my first dso and a life changer as the first notes rang out. This show was solid gold. I saw tapers so I know you're out there! Someone feed my need to listen back to this

Archived