Statebridge night one

Mango

• Forum MVP

09/16/72 (Sat) Boston Music Hall - Boston, MA

Set 1: Bertha, Me & My Uncle, Deal, Black Throated Wind, You Win Again, Big River, Bird Song, Mexicali Blues, Stella Blue, Jack Straw, Big Railroad Blues, Playing In The Band

Set 2: Morning Dew, Greatest Story Ever Told, He's Gone, El Paso, Don't Ease Me In, Dark Star > Brokedown Palace, Promised Land, Ramble On Rose, Not Fade Away > Goin' Down the Road Feeling Bad > Not Fade Away, E: One More Saturday Night

That's right, Velvet, beat ya to it :b

• Forum MVP

Damn if that doesn't look like a barn burner... A GDTRFB sammich into Sat nite had the sweaters sweating, to be sure. Looks like y'all got a good one. That 2nd set looks more like 2 mini sets jammed together with a brokedown encore to end the first mini set. Fun night I'm sure!

• Forum MVP

Gotta love the Stella randomly tucked away there mid first set. 

One regret going through the Europe Set (and you really need to look hard for regrets there) is that the tour just predated Stella.  The debut was the first show back in the States.

• Forum MVP

Yeah, yeah, I haven't been on to post reviews cause of work and recovery, etc. But today is a holiday so here we go. HAPPY independence day everyone, and thanks to all those vets for fighting for our freedom, I sure like dancing with ya'll at shows. speaking of, I miss Joseph. Happy he is with a lady, but not happy to not get to dance with him! and thanks even more to those of you who have been DANCING FOR OUR FREEDOM for so many years, it is worth it and it is paying off. the world is already a different world, we are just waking up to see that we are the eyes of it.

This was one of those shows where they knew it was statebridge, aka spunbridge, so they just rubbed our faces in our own puddles of joy from start to finish, manipulating our brains and limbs with that sweet, sweet music. stunning show, Gabriel says one of the best he's ever seen. Def ONE OF THOSE kinds of shows that doesn't let you go and leaves me thinking the whole time "i've seen this before...." though I haven't.

Stella Jack was VERY AWESOME, it was about then that I realized I wasn't gonna stand a chance of keeping my wits about me.

Statebridge is such a beautiful place, there was SO MUCH room first set it was divine! we all got to dance together, all judgements and past conflicts melted away and the oneness was heavy but divine.

THEN they did the DEW. OH, when they do the DEW! Masterful. Walk us out, indeed! At this point I realized I was hopelessly lost in rainbows full of sound and instead of fighting I just gave in. Each note began dividing in my body into directions and movements and all I could do was follow and obey. And it was fucking awesome. But whatever, guess it doesn't really matter, anyway.

Gset to get us all stomping and a he's gone that made the front get WAY too crowded (statebridge DOES have a lot of those old ass grabbing pervs that lurk right behind the dancers waiting to cop a feel- I hope some of you booty feeler uppers read this and realize that we KNOW what you are doing, and that is why we fart on you, let our dreads hit you really hard and in general DON'T ALLOW our asses to end up in your hands... or worse! Nothing like that ol reach around..... fuckers...) so at that point many fled for safer waters towards the back, but we could dance, not MOVE, so we held our ground and boogied down.

sparkling el paso that felt more like it had come outta dark star, fitting since it was second set. however, it fooled me into thinking we were further into the set than we were, which began some serious confusion in my head, what song are we on now? what have they play? is this second set? mom? dad? god, are you there? hehe.

and they DID NOT EASE US IN, not one damn bit AND THEN they pull that dark star>brokedown madness and I am telling you guys it was one of the most epic moments in musical history EVER. (kinda like the first time it happened, I am sure, hehe) oh my love above that was just so perfect! the PLAYIN IN THE BAND had been one of the best I had EVER seen to close the set, but this Dark Star, good god, THIS DARK STAR was just out of this world, pouring our lights into ashes from one side of the universe to the other. ah brokedown. let's get personal. mango came back for dark star (did he ever really leave?) and by the time they sang "lovers come and go, the river roll roll rolls" we got to have a moment, which is all we ever get, for the ages and spin the look of love out with even more love. confession: I will always love mango because I will always love this music and the two are tied together in an unbroken chain I can't avoid. he best part is, I don't have to avoid it. i just get to LOVE! and now i have a partner that UNDERSTANDS that kind of crazy shit that I can say dumb things like "mango is my show husband" to and he actually gets it and laughs and thinks its great. trouble all my life. fuck yeah. sorry to get so personal, but not really, cause it was just that kind of expose your veins show. purple!

anyways, ramblin rose was tucked in the perfects spot to swoon our hearts and make us know that this show was moving on indeed. nfa gdtrfb nfa was soooo fun to dance it all out and off to. at this point the band had had it in the bag for over a set so they just had fun with it and really got the feelings flowing. sweet sweet road I feel so bad going down, I LOVE YOU!

filler was how sweet it is to be loved by you (forget that part, mango?) and it was sweeeet indeed! soooo much fun! after seeing Johnny open with it at his show (and remembering that last one with DSO) and then having them close with it on this most auspicious night just iced my cake for life. sooo sweet. so magical. thank you everyone who has made this music possible. it can't die. it can't fade away. i hope some of the faces I danced beside this night are on that stage one day melting my face. i expect nothing less.

ah, to be loved by all of you, to love all of you, this is the affair with life my mama warned me about and I am so happy it is happening!

kiss kiss, see you guys in the fall. wish there were scholarships or something to DSO High, I wanna go pluck on my mandolin with ya'll, but whatever, the four winds will blow us all where we need to be.

• Forum MVP

Lovers come and go...

...I did come and go, several times, because the space was collapsing in on itself with talkers....not at all like the following day.

You sure are an odd one.... ;)

Archived