Saint Stephen

Aiko Aiko

The Wheel

GDTRFB

Satisfaction

Encore

Easy Wind

Box of Rain

Have not seen DSO since the summer Vic show in Chicago and they sounded real nice. The new bassist could have been a bit louder I thought but he was very good and gets my stamp of approval. Overall a real nice night except for the EXTREMELY rude taper there. After the second set was over went over to him to kindly ask where he uploads or if I can give him my email address and I got the dirtiest look and responce ever. very disrespectful that you can believe if I see this guy saturday at the park west I am going to say something

• Forum MVP

Overall a real nice night except for the EXTREMELY rude taper there. After the second set was over went over to him to kindly ask where he uploads or if I can give him my email address and I got the dirtiest look and responce ever. very disrespectful that you can believe if I see this guy saturday at the park west I am going to say something

I don't doubt you felt dissed.  After a fun show you are looking to relive the magic and have something for posterity - I totally get it.  Instead, you get a cold reception from someone who has the power to hook you up and share the results of some of their hard work.

I'm curious what you would say?  Pretend I was the taper.....

• Forum MVP

Have not seen DSO since the summer Vic show in Chicago and they sounded real nice. The new bassist could have been a bit louder I thought but he was very good and gets my stamp of approval. Overall a real nice night except for the EXTREMELY rude taper there. After the second set was over went over to him to kindly ask where he uploads or if I can give him my email address and I got the dirtiest look and responce ever. very disrespectful that you can believe if I see this guy saturday at the park west I am going to say something

The Tapers are our FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!    Everyone has a bad night brotha...sorry you had this experience,  but instead of confronting the guy next time you see him----try buying him a beer----if he is still angry, than you get blessed knowing your the kinder soul.   The cost of the Beer is cheap for that!!!!  

At the next venue----GO UP TO TALKERS!!!!!!!!!!     That's the people you got problems with!!!!!      Temperamental tapers exist, so what, they have to worry about other shit than most others at shows, cut em break....

Edit:   At Jubilee, first night, I and others had coolers around a taper.   I danced around his shit all night.   Kept others from falling on his equipment because of a huge exposed 4inch pvc pipe(bad idea by the way---slipping hazard----law suit ready to happen!!)   Anyhow----end of the show, I try to talk to the guy, and he does the exact same thing to me that you said above!!!   Really, the "Temperamental Taper"   syndrome came out!!!    I am pretty good at negative responses to negative words, but this guy got a thank you from me!!!!     He is a taper, and though we did not click, actually he was a ass, I still blew it off!!!   He does a good service, and I am grateful for it!!

was up in a 40 ft tree on the 4th of July!!!    Jamming GD as I cut it down.   I really can dance in the trees!!!!    Nothing like microdose:}, chainsaws, and GD.....IPA's a given:}!!!   Cant arrest you for drunk climbing:}!!!!  Cant even get to you:}!!!!!!!!!!!

God my bones are aching to hear this stuff again.   Soon---very soon!!!!!!!   

• Forum MVP

Tapers perform a valuable service. Like all walks of life, I am sure they're well intentioned good people who tape and some not. Of course, we are all entitled to bad days and nothing wrong with telling someone who in your mind rudely approaches you to fuck off. I wasn't there but I bet this was probably a misunderstanding of good well intentioned people. It happens.

The amount of people surfing from bench to bench around his mics was reason enough for him to be grumpy. I talked to him before the show and he was friendly.

He had a DSO tag around his neck...figured that's how he got his rig in.

Loved seeing the band play :)

Looking forward to the next time !!

• 4 weeks later...

Speaking of bench surfing, it wasn't easy to find one's way back to one's seat after taking a bathroom/more beer break! I got twisted around and ended up several rows behind mine and was unable to find my friends. After standing there for a moment a guy kindly let me know that I was back too far, I think he recognized the back of my head! Great show. It was interesting to watch the heads in the crowd during the previous band. We would have all been able to see and hear better had we not stood on the bleachers but that's how it goes with that type of seating I guess.

Archived