Morristown

found

I do not have Ed Base in front of me, but If I had to speculate,  Besides the decade of the 90's, this most likely is the year least covered by DSO. I definitely prefer the 73 through Keith's death years, but I did see my fair share of shows this year as they were in the infancy of the Brent era. I saw the Des Moines show as well as the Uptown Run and Alpine Valley that year.  Personally I think this year is a bit  under appreciated by Dead Heads in general. Not sure why.  Just one guys opinion.

• Forum MVP

The dirty jerz loves them some GD. The packed the Meadowlands and flooded msg. Some members of the jersey dead community are uncouth, rude, and overly aggressive. Philly got some of that too. I bet they showed up and partied out for DSO on a wednesday.

• Forum MVP

Actually quite the contrary Rickster. It was by far an older crowd, and there was no alcohol allowed in the theater. Listen I understand completely why Jersey gets a bad rap. I've been here all of my life. I get it. What I'm saying is that wasn't the case last night. During the quiet moments you could here a pin drop. It was so quiet during Strange Man, Found and I were amazed. Not much dance space however.

• Forum MVP

http://www.dailyrecord.com/story/entertainment/music/2014/11/14/dark-star-orchestra-channels-grateful-dead-morristown/18917777/

The above link was a story posted before the show - nice press.  Includes a shout out to Starheads = “The group has developed its own devoted fans.”

A Wednesday sell-out at MPAC , clean venue, nice staff – equally respectful crowd, friendly familiar faces. 

I’m sure there are others who heard Scarlet-Fire many times live by the originals, etc.  And then many more times recorded, heard every way possible to the point where if someone said, “you’ve got to hear this” version, you’d think there can’t be a different way that elevates to new heights...

As if a Jeweler stood in front of you with a closed box, ready to reveal a never-before seen gem  that  sparkles more brilliantly than a diamond, with more color than the brightest emeralds and rubies – then proceeds to open the lid revealing something never imagined .  How DSO can play an old standard, and make it remarkable continues to amaze me.

Archived