When will Seattle dates be announced?

slipknotmr

Hi there, was just wondering if anyone knows when I might expect An announcement for spring Seattle/NW dates. And even better- Mount Baker Theatre in Bellingham! That was great a few years back when they played there.

And on another, related note I was wondering if they are ready to move from the Showbox to something bigger, like the Moore. The Showbox is great but honestly it is always SO packed when DSO plays there I find it hard to enjoy. I mean The WHOLE Place feels like being on the rails at a GA GD show! Thanks!!

• Forum MVP

The spring west coast tour is often announced around early/mid December although I think last year it was announced in January (if I remember correctly?). The Bellingham show a few years ago was a blast but I kind of doubt that is likely again any time soon. I think Olympia is more likely to be repeated at some point as the "small town" show in the upper NW,,,if we are lucky--that's a fun one, too. Portland, Seattle, Eugene are the most predictable.

I hear ya about the showbox,,it can be a sardine scene packed in there but it can be great when there's a double header there and the weeknight show isn't sold out (like a Sunday night show). I don't think they will change venues in Seattle very soon...and the Moore Theater would be cool in many ways, but the fixed seats would be a disadvantage). The Neptune theater would be the ideal vibe in my opinion for Seattle, but that has a little less capacity than the Showbox. The Showbox technically claims 1100 capacity but I'm certain at dso sellouts there have been well over 1500 in there..!

I think the bottom line is that the band does well at the showbox (business-wise) so it works for them. I kind of figure if that's what helps fund them coming up and playing in the NW then it is worth the tight space in Seattle.

My dream NW tour would just be the smaller towns: Eugene, Oly, B'ham,,,oh, and that Bremerton show was a blast a couple years ago in that beautiful old theater (the Admiral),,,,,but they gotta hit the cities to make the dough...!

Like you, slipknot,,I'm looking forward to seeing some dates for April...soon,,very soon.

• Forum MVP

Yeah it has...and when 4/20 hit on a Saturday night a couple years ago, the crowded factor was at its ridiculous peak for that venue. But since 4/20 has slipped off the weekend (will be a Monday night for 2015), I'll be curious what the dates will be. Hard to imagine them booking a Monday night (even for 4/20) to finish up a tour (Seattle has also been the end of west coast spring tour for last few years). In years prior they would start the west coast tour in Seattle in early April and then work their way south.....I don't know what to expect, except for some dang good GD music!

Archived