2nd night CNY...Richmond

GoingBackTo Where....

• Forum MVP

Good times Sunny!  It was wonderful to see so many smiling faces.  Young, old, and every age in between coming together to see music that scratches an itch that few things in this life can reach.

Personal experience and current life circumstances can have a profound impact on the music you see and how you feel it.  1st set was about as good as it gets for me!  Sustained youthful energy, musical expressions with amazing depth and texture.  Amazing phrases that ignite an energy that makes you feel like you are connected to something where it all makes sense and gives you insight to some of the mysteries of life.  The physical manifestation from this energy was the perceived ability to run 2 triathalons without a break.

I unexpectedly disconnected from that energy in the 2nd set and experienced it through different eyes and a much different lens.  Sometimes the feelings and thoughts the music evokes are images or ideas that you would rather not see.  I was honestly in a place I didn't want to be but it held some sobering and honest truths about who I am and the man I think I need to be.  While it was tough medicine, I needed it just as much as I wanted what I got in the first set.  Enough of the therapy sessions though - I think many of you know exactly what I mean and could probably express it in a manner that escapes me at the moment.  I will defer to others review of the 2nd set as most folks saw and experienced something very different than I. 

I wouldn't change a thing though - Except may be the 3 hour drive back right after the show through some of the thickest fog I have ever seen.  I'm a veteran of the road and have still never seen anything like it.  I could barely see the lines on the road and it was white-knuckle city all the way back to Carolina.  Literally driving through the thickest cloud in the sky - wow.

Set One: Let's Spend The Night Together > Greatest Story Ever Told ; Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodleloo ; Black Throated Wind ; Blow Away ; Big Railroad Blues ; Lazy Lightning > Supplication ; Loser ; Box Of Rain

Set Two: Help On The Way > Slipknot > Shakedown Street ; Unbroken Chain > He's Gone > drums > space > Dear Mr. Fantasy > Unbroken Chain > Stella Blue > Truckin'

Encore: Quinn The Eskimo (The Mighty Quinn)

Long Live DSO!  Can't wait too see everyone in February :)

Archived