drums

The Other One

Wharf Rat

Good Lovin'

Revolution

F: and it stoned me

Lay down Sally

• Forum MVP

Lol. Great time again. Same great spot to see and hear but zero room. The sound really goes downhill in the Vic when you aren't centered but there was no room even in the corners to really groove so I carved out a small spot where I was. Was fun to hear lots of songs that I don't hear as much. Had a bunch of cool guys around me and they seemed awed with my middling GD knowledge. There was this douche right behind me that screamed every lyric he knew to the ballads and these guys I made friends with made this circle to push his ass away from us lol. I said something to him at set break like have a great time just try not to scream in my ear. He was completely offended. That's when we used an NFL formation and got him out of our area. The girlfriend was on cloud 9 this show. She was grinning ear to ear jumping up and down. She's like I need to start learning the lyrics. After 15 shows I'm like yes you do. 2nd set was a really fun but sort of strange setlist which is perfect for me. None of those 5 songs would I have predicted in a set 2. The weight is also one if not my gfs fav. There were none of the traditional songs that the dead went into D/S out of so that was cool. A set 2 Cumberland was so fun and helped keep that energy level high.

I was reflecting on show analysis and you know it's all nonsense. We love this music so much and it moves us all. So many factors will determine how great a time we have at a show. Last night there was no driving and had a big nap and we were super energized and that was a huge factor to our enjoyment even if we couldn't let loose completely. There's really no Dead that's better than any other dead. It all makes us smile. It all inspires us!!! Variation in life is key. If all you heard was DSO doing 1972 shows for 30 straight you would be sick of them and if you got a 92, you would be like omg best show ever. I think the less we hear a song the more fun it can be to hear it so when there are songs I don't get much and hear live it really excites me. The variation I've gotten lately is perfect. This show is completely different than any on this tour. That was so much fun.

So after the show we are feeling sporty so I check the GD cover band page and it was after midnight so it showed Saturday shows. Thinking it was Saturday and not Friday we saw terrapin flyer was playing at the Windy City Inn. We are like boom!!! Solid GD band playing tonight til 2-3. We are in!!! Hopped and uber and arrive 15 minutes later. Walk in and 10 people there. Small little bar. I mean seating for 25 maybe. I said is the band in the back somewhere. She said no band. Terrapin flyer playing tomorrow. We were bummed. So we sit down and I see they have Bells HopSlam on tap!!! For those in the know this is maybe the best beer on the planet!!! So that made the trip ok. Walk to a tiny diner that's just a counter and grub down on the best food we've ever grubbed. Corned beef hash, pancakes bacon etc. fun night in Chicago.

Archived