My first dead$co show

Brian NJ

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

That set list could have been performed by the Grateful Dead anywhere within a huge window of time. I love the set list. The only problem, apparently, is that it is played by Dead and Company. What if Dark Star Orchestra, with their energy, performed that show in the near future. With today’s technology, everything being available to listen to instantly, I think it would be interesting to hear the two shows ‘side by side’ ,  Or better yet, be there. A ‘battle of the bands’ kind of thing. My concern is whether that would be an unethical, disrespectful, classless thing for Dark Star Orchestra to do and I should just go back to laying around the house waiting for the lottery commission to accidentally send me the money. It’s all just harmless, dreamy speculation.

• Forum MVP
14 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

What if Dark Star Orchestra, with their energy, performed that show in the near future. With today’s technology, everything being available to listen to instantly, I think it would be interesting to hear the two shows ‘side by side’ ,  Or better yet, be there. A ‘battle of the bands’ kind of thing. 

I think Dead and Co HSF from Citi Field 2 is waaaaayyyyyyy psychedelic . 

I can hear it now - one would say, let’s crush it, hand motions and all, like William Perry flattening a soda can. The other, let’s play other dead songs and not compete- both be outstanding like two fine Bordeaux glasses of wine, each with their finer attributes, maybe one is preferred or not, still both an excellent pairing to a soft cheese and cracker. JK... they wouldn’t do any of that at all

• Forum MVP

I like last  night’s Ratdog song “Even So”  

Begging your pardon 
But I don't think that I can stay
This particular garden
Ain't never seen the light of day
Even so - talkin' and touch and go
Even so - hey but I don't know, I don't know
Even so
No, no, oh no no, oh no no, oh no no, oh no no

Wish you were naked
Wish you were wholesome and sincere
Wish I could fake it
Wish I were anywhere but here
Even so - you make yes look like no
Even so - you've been so nice to know, been so nice to know
But no, but no, oh no, no no, no, no

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

I listened to Dean Sottile’s review of Eugene show. This made me laugh.... he said (paraphrase)- I think OMSN at the end of the first set is great placement because the show is my party - that is the party right then and there-  not afterwards-  because after the show is over,  I’m going home and going to bed. 🤣 😂 

Yes, Dean. So true... 

• Forum MVP

Shoreline was fun but musically underwhelming. 25% the dance party that redrocks will be. 5% of the people were literally asleep curled up during the show. There’s a pretty epic shakedown here in shoreline though. We are 100 feet from it getting here early just to chill, but if you want to leave A lot, you either leave the show during set ender and run to car or wait at least an hour. Watched a car sit for 15 minutes at the end of our row. The reason we noticed is it was a red Scotty car ;)  we kept yelling Scotty but he didn’t answer. 

Archived