Winter Olympics.

Rude

• Forum MVP

I’ve always been a big Winter Olympics fan. I’m pretty stoked about killing 2 weeks of winter with the upcoming action. My favorite sport in the Winter Olympics is criss country skiing. I love the strategy and the pain and determination involved. To watch the best athlete do a breakaway climbing a 500 foot climb is just remarkable. You have to be a mental giant after 5 to 10 to 15 miles to climb a hill full speed to separate from the crowd. Unfortunately my fav athlete Marit Bjoergen retired. At 38 she dominated the 30k last Olympics. 15 medals over 12 years and when she retired she won the big one by over 2 minutes. It’s sort of like cycling. Do you breakaway from the pack and lose the ability to draft or do you try to stay with the breakaway pack and will you have the energy to sprint at the end. 

• Forum MVP

My buddy owned Two Keys in Lexington in the 80s and when he sold it he took the shuffleboard table and the pinball machines and Galaga with him. We played shuffleboard for hours and hours every night for a few years at his house. Late night party + shuffleboard is pretty awesome. You need a massive ice setup to curl but it does look fun. 

I have USA network on DVR and ive watched literally everything besides hockey and most of the curling. They need curling to fill out the time. Daddy day care works great with olympics. The only issue is it takes like 8 hours to get through all the events so I’ve gotta stay on my fast forward through commercial game. 

the craziest part of the 2018 games was the chick who won the gold in ski super G then wins gold in snowboard giant slalom. That’s nuts. Snowboarding was her thing but she pulled a massive shocker winning the gold in skiing. What’s crazy is you can’t really do both at most World Cup events as they may be at the same time. It’s not like the downhill, super G and slalom in skiing that have a few days in between so racers can do all. It’s sort of baffling to win gold in 2 different disciplines and it’s even more rare to see anyone not in the top 20 rankings to get any medal in skiing.