2022/03/15 - Burlington #2

Tea

• Forum MVP

Elective 

Set 1: The Promised Land ; Loser ; Keep On Growing ; Loose Lucy ; When I Paint My Masterpiece ; Crazy Fingers > Blow Away ; Queen Jane Approximately ; Masters of War > Box Of Rain 

Set 2: Scarlet Begonias > Feel Like A Stranger ; Dark Star > Man Smart (Woman Smarter) > drums > space > New Speedway Boogie > Unbroken Chain > Positively 4th Street > Johnny B. Goode 

Encore: Goodnight Irene

D-Y-L-A-N ♥️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
13 minutes ago, Wharf Rat Stu said:

Thanks Tea.

Dark Star > Man Smart?  How crazy is that!

I wish GD took more chances, or experimented, with various song combos such as this. 

Imagine China Cat> Cumberland Bluz or maybe Other One > H.C. Sunshine > Morning Dew!

that’s where JRAD comes in. If you want something crazy like Cumberland>big River>Cumberland>big River>Cumberland>big River>Cumberland> big River that’s what they do lol.  On that note I get a JRAD show this weekend as a warm up for cincy>Richmond Dso. Should be a good way to get my feet under me before a lot of travel with winter rust built up. 

• LMAO 1

Uh-oh!  Rude said the "J" Word!  I didn't think we could mention "JRAD" here?  LoL!!

I seen JRAD once, and would not mind seeing JRAD again. I think when they play a song, they play it as good as anyone.  BUT; their pre-song jams just don't work for me.  They will play a killer Bertha, Stranger, or what ever then they break into a 3 - 5 minute jam that just doesn't go anywhere for me and it is a buzzkill. Just my opinion...

• Like (+1) 1
7 hours ago, Rude said:

that’s where JRAD comes in. If you want something crazy like Cumberland>big River>Cumberland>big River>Cumberland>big River>Cumberland> big River that’s what they do lol.  On that note I get a JRAD show this weekend as a warm up for cincy>Richmond Dso. Should be a good way to get my feet under me before a lot of travel with winter rust built up. 

You forgot >Space> between all the Cumberland and Big Rivers😄 DSO Big Rivered me the other night when I thought for sure it was Cumberland. I think those are my top two for a killer dance song. 

• Forum MVP
22 hours ago, Wharf Rat Stu said:

Uh-oh!  Rude said the "J" Word!  I didn't think we could mention "JRAD" here?  LoL!!

I seen JRAD once, and would not mind seeing JRAD again. I think when they play a song, they play it as good as anyone.  BUT; their pre-song jams just don't work for me.  They will play a killer Bertha, Stranger, or what ever then they break into a 3 - 5 minute jam that just doesn't go anywhere for me and it is a buzzkill. Just my opinion...

Check out this Cumberland big River mashup in set 2. 18 minutes of insanity. It does have a long run up which confused the crap out of me. We were at jazz fest this year and this was just a tiny piece of an epic time. 

note all of their shows on nugs are Free mp3 downloads so you can listen free 

https://www.nugs.net/live-download-of-joe-russos-almost-dead-mardi-gras-world-new-orleans-la-05-05-2018-mp3-flac-or-online-music-streaming/19989.html